01-18-14 03:37 PM
123 123 ...
tools
    Well. I'm not sure if someone has posted this method yet or not. But. I thought I'd post what we have found to be a fix when accounts aren't opening after loading up ur phone with apps and such.

As it turns out. If you delete all the apk's android apps that you installed, then rebooting phone with volume keys. Then re adding them one by one, checking to see if accounts load back up each time. You should be able to find which apk was interfering with it.

Alternately you could try just deleting each apk one by one. And after each delete check accounts to see if it now opens fully.
    This method seems to be hit and miss. And usually you have to just delete them all.

The funny thing also that we found. Is that in the rare occasion we were able to just reload all the apk's back we actually did have. With accounts working. So not sure why. But maybe just a refresh of those installing is all that's needed. But. Usually. Its one or two apps. That interferes with accounts.

Good luck. And hope this helps. As it has for us on the team.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-19-13 04:46 PM
    Thanks for this information. I know quite a few people were concerned about accounts after the leak.
    Wigley458 likes this.
    11-19-13 04:49 PM
    Thanks Wiggs!
    11-19-13 05:06 PM
    Your welcome....lmao

Magically appeared using the Mind Control app on my BerryLeaks Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the Gteatest
    11-19-13 05:26 PM
    Your welcome....lmao

Magically appeared using the Mind Control app on my BerryLeaks Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the Gteatest
    For posting it :]x

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:28 PM
    Goof balls

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-19-13 05:40 PM
    My magic number is 23 apks installed. If I add anything else, Accounts doesn't work. If I remove any random apk from my phone to drop back down to 23, Accounts works again.
    11-19-13 05:49 PM
    My magic number is 23 apks installed. If I add anything else, Accounts doesn't work. If I remove any random apk from my phone to drop back down to 23, Accounts works again.
    Hmmm interesting. Hadn't seen that one. But thanks for info

11-19-13 06:29 PM
    Well. I'm not sure if someone has posted this method yet or not. But. I thought I'd post what we have found to be a fix when accounts aren't opening after loading up ur phone with apps and such.

As it turns out. If you delete all the apk's android apps that you installed, then rebooting phone with volume keys. Then re adding them one by one, checking to see if accounts load back up each time. You should be able to find which apk was interfering with it.

Alternately you could try just deleting each apk one by one. And after each delete check accounts to see if it now opens fully.
    This method seems to be hit and miss. And usually you have to just delete them all.

The funny thing also that we found. Is that in the rare occasion we were able to just reload all the apk's back we actually did have. With accounts working. So not sure why. But maybe just a refresh of those installing is all that's needed. But. Usually. Its one or two apps. That interferes with accounts.

Thank you
    11-19-13 11:14 PM

Already tried this and thought I had it finally resolved; however, when I rebooted the phone, it was back to square one so to speak.
    11-22-13 01:57 AM
    Very interesting. I'll check this out....
    11-22-13 01:59 AM
    no apk installed, still accounts not loading up. It runs loading accounts but doesnt load up.
    11-22-13 08:35 PM
    Thanks, fixed. I did not had any .apk's installed but i did uninstalled all apps (installed via bb world) and then tried and it worked.
    Wigley458 likes this.
    11-22-13 08:55 PM
    Thanks, fixed. I did not had any .apk's installed but i did uninstalled all apps (installed via bb world) and then tried and it worked.
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:04 PM
    But we need the BlackBerry apps and Apks too. Now have exchange emails set up for corporate, Gmail from APK and FB. NOT on BES pl note.

Cannot add any other accounts like linked in or other personal email accounts or Twitter.

Is there a way around. Ain't wanna remove all apps and then reload gain.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:35 PM
    I had removed all apps and then reloaded the OS. Things were ok. But restarted probs again. Am on the upgraded 1055, per Thurask.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:36 PM
    +1
    Has anyone found a solution for this? Maybe there is some system .bar file that needs to be reloaded onto the phone to fix? Does anybody know what system file is responsible for handling the "Accounts" on BB10?
    11-23-13 10:16 PM
    +1
    Has anyone found a solution for this? Maybe there is some system .bar file that needs to be reloaded onto the phone to fix? Does anybody know what system file is responsible for handling the "Accounts" on BB10?
    Yeah I told a few people that and some said it worked, some said it didn't. The bars would be sys.settings and sys.settings.accounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:26 PM
    My phone has been broke since monday, can barely text, cannot share any files, cannot access account settings. I have tried a security wipe and restore, everything works until I restore my application data and then I can no longer access accounts. im trying to restore with an older backup now to see what happens, getting frustrated. I don't really want to go back to an older os and I dont want to start from scratch, i'm lovin 1055 except for this problem. I dont have any apk's installed at this time but I did have several installed when this problem started. Hopefully there will be a better fix for this soon, maybe a new leak.
    11-23-13 10:44 PM
    My phone has been broke since monday, can barely text, cannot share any files, cannot access account settings. I have tried a security wipe and restore, everything works until I restore my application data and then I can no longer access accounts. im trying to restore with an older backup now to see what happens, getting frustrated. I don't really want to go back to an older os and I dont want to start from scratch, i'm lovin 1055 except for this problem. I dont have any apk's installed at this time but I did have several installed when this problem started. Hopefully there will be a better fix for this soon, maybe a new leak.
    Try deleting some of ur apps. One by one and see if that fixes it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-23-13 10:59 PM
    Try deleting some of ur apps. One by one and see if that fixes it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    I restored using an older backup and so far everything is working ok

Posted via CB10
    Wigley458 likes this.
    11-24-13 12:26 AM
    after playing around with this for a week, what i've discovered is that you do not restore ANYTHING. three separate reloads with wipes and all three times the accounts would stop working after a reboot. heres what i did:

>security wipe
    >autoloader 1055
    >skip sign-in to bbid during setup
    >sign in ONLY bbid after tutorial to start downloading bbworld apps
    >hard reboot after installing all the bbworld only apps (non-sideloaded)
    >still can access accounts so i setup gmail>yahoo>live
    >hard reboot
    >accounts still good, so i setup FB/twitter/linkedin/evernote
    >hard reboot
    >accounts still good
    >begin sideload and installing APKs
    >after that, all accounts still works....
    >except about two-three days later, yahoo stopped receiving mail. yahoo seems very finicky about 1055. i thought i was in the clear until yahoo email stopped coming in. thats when my accounts stopped loading up.
    >>delete viber>accounts work

do note i never said i found a solution...cept that accounts still loaded for me. my point is that ANY type of restore WILL cause problems. best to start fresh.
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 11-24-13 at 12:15 PM.
    11-24-13 01:50 AM
    Some say load 1055...no security wipe, no restore. Sounds like I may go this road too. My 1055 has mms and accounts broken probably from security wipe after the load. Didn't use "Lisbon" (2nd download link) but used first one with older loader...

Trusted Member Genius
    11-24-13 04:45 AM
    A solution I found is deleting viber after that my accounts worked fine... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 10:33 AM
    A solution I found is deleting viber after that my accounts worked fine... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    holy crap this! my yahoo can now be accessed and works! tyty
    11-24-13 12:14 PM
123 123 ...