06-24-15 02:19 PM
674 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I have unlocked Passport and use BlackBerry bluetooth with FM option to send to radio. Works seemless with 10.3.2.680.
    [ATTACH]354559[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Findings & Fixes for OS 10.3.2.680-blackberry-bluetooth.jpg  
    KenV54 likes this.
    05-26-15 06:32 AM
    I'm going to pose the Passport/Bluetooth question another way.

Is there /anyone/ here following this thread who has an unlocked Passport and who is on 10.3.2.680 and who has fully functioning Bluetooth, say, with BT headsets, or a car BT, or a Pebble watch, and who is having /no/ connectivity problems whatsoever?

If so, or if there are several people whose BT on a Passport/10.3.2.680 is without any issues at all, that would seem to point to a hardware problem with some Passports rather than an OS problem, per se. (In my case, it's clearly not a conflict with other apps or settings, because I had the BT connectivity issue with just an autoload install of 10.3.2.680 and the obligatory basic setup that Blackberry requires, IOW, no restore of anything and no installation of any files.)

Thanks for any input on this.
    I thought I would try installing a BT file from a early 3.1 OS, which I just did. In all honesty I don't have any idea what that file does except it starts with BT. So what the heck.
    Btw: I think AT&T restocking fee is capped at $35. If it is higher I won't do my upgrade.
    I have considered going into my local AT&T store and trying to connect my Plantronics Legend to a display model. I just haven't had the time, yet.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-26-15 06:45 AM
    I have unlocked Passport and use BlackBerry bluetooth with FM option to send to radio. Works seemless with 10.3.2.680.
    [ATTACH]354559[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    What is that picture, and what is the FM option?
    05-26-15 08:22 AM
    [ATTACH]354559[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    You have a link?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:19 AM
    Thanks to everyone who responded with positive BT stories after my post requesting feedback.

I had a PM with someone familiar with the beta program who said the BT problems in Passport with 10.3.2 builds was known and has been reported to BB.

What remains strange is that with the same OS and presumably same hardware (unlocked Passport and similar BT devices), some people have BT problems and some do not.

The mystery continues.
    Paul86 likes this.
    05-26-15 09:24 AM
    Thanks to everyone who responded with positive BT stories after my post requesting feedback.

I had a PM with someone familiar with the beta program who said the BT problems in Passport with 10.3.2 builds was known and has been reported to BB.

What remains strange is that with the same OS and presumably same hardware (unlocked Passport and similar BT devices), some people have BT problems and some do not.

The mystery continues.
    Hopefully it won't turn into a Passport screen flicker disaster where BlackBerry claimed they weren't aware

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:12 AM
    Hopefully it won't turn into a Passport screen flicker disaster where BlackBerry claimed they weren't aware

Posted via CB10
    Now that you mention it, it is very similar to the screen flicker issue. Some people with PP had it, some didn't, even with the same OS. Finally it went away with a late 10.3.1 OS, as I recall.

BlackBerry rarely acknowledges bugs, not publicly, anyway. That doesn't help them with their PR, if they have any PR left these days.
    05-26-15 10:48 AM
    So here is the link to my Visor BlackBerry Bluetooth. It is an incredible price of equipment with amazing battery life and standby. VM-605 http://www.cnet.com/products/blackbe...rphone-series/

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:49 PM
    Hi everyone, is there sequential play in the video player on this latest leak or is it the same old "1 video at a time" outdated player?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:17 PM
    So here is the link to my Visor BlackBerry Bluetooth. It is an incredible price of equipment with amazing battery life and standby. VM-605 BlackBerry VM-605 Visor Mount Bluetooth Speakerphone review - CNET

Posted via CB10
    Looks impressive. And this site http://www.cellxpo.com/SbCategory-al...BrvhoCJrbw_wcB offers it for US $35 (plus shipping, I assume). I have a BTC 450 Car Kit that has a stereo-miniplug output but no FM output. I use a tape cassette (remember those?) connection to my car's sound system via the tape deck in my year 2000 vehicle. As of now, the BTC 450, too, will not hold the connection with the Passport with 10.3.2.

For me, I'm not sure what advantage the VM-405 would have over the BTC 450 unless it would simply work more smoothly with the Passport because it is a BB product, once (or if) the BT connection problem is solved. Of course, for $35 it's hard to go far wrong.
    05-26-15 03:24 PM
    I have a Bell mobility passport running 10.3.2.680. Blue tooth works fine for the following
    - Jabra headset
    - VW Bluetooth car
    - Tethering Windows 10 tablet
    - Blackberry bridge
    KenV54 likes this.
    05-26-15 04:00 PM
    I'm having none of the issues you've mentioned above!

It depends from user to user and which method of installation has been used to update.

Passport 
    I am using z10 and you're on passport maybe that's the reason behind lag

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 04:24 PM
    next time mention the device you are using, so readers know

Too many people with too many device gets confusing at times.

Passport 
    05-26-15 04:42 PM
    I have a Bell mobility passport running 10.3.2.680. Blue tooth works fine for the following
    - Jabra headset
    - VW Bluetooth car
    - Tethering Windows 10 tablet
    - Blackberry bridge
    Please check the following:

When connected to your VW car open the properties of the BT connection and see what services are installed.

Without object push your contacts will never upload to the system. This is my main issue on all versions of 10.3.2.

As far as which BT version is better? Definately 680 more compatible with all my toys.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:41 PM
    Thanks, but could you tell me specifically what you're referring to? I have an OTG dongle, with a USB jack (regular size), a USB micro jack, and a male USB micro plug. I also have an Altec BT transmitter (for Altec BT headset) that has a stereo mini plug and a USB micro jack. No "FM" jack. i don't know if either of these would with what you are referring to.
    Sorry, I meant just the headphone jack, I called it fm jack because that's where my "fm antenna" aka headphone goes

Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack TX: Bluetooth Music Transmitter adds wireless audio to anything with a headphone port: MP3 Players & Accessories
    something like in link, not that one, no experience with it but it was top of quick google search and gives idea of what it does.

Anyways, they turn the "headphone" output into a bluetooth connection

edit: saw you had a bluetooth transmitter adapter already. that didn't work either?
    05-26-15 06:05 PM
    Sorry, I meant just the headphone jack, I called it fm jack because that's where my "fm antenna" aka headphone goes

Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack TX: Bluetooth Music Transmitter adds wireless audio to anything with a headphone port: MP3 Players & Accessories
    something like in link, not that one, no experience with it but it was top of quick google search and gives idea of what it does.

Anyways, they turn the "headphone" output into a bluetooth connection

edit: saw you had a bluetooth transmitter adapter already. that didn't work either?
    Yes, thanks, I do, and I connected it to the audio output and paired my Plantronics to it. It works, sort of--very low volume through the Plantronics, even with all the volume settings turned to maximum on the PP and the Plantronics.

I've played around with everything--re-added the Bluetooth apps, switched radios back and forth (you can downgrade the radios even with 10.3.2.680), everything. No luck.

The whole thing just makes no sense. Some people with Passports and 680 say they have no BT problems at all, and yet the BB support people said it was the software when looking at my logs submitted to them. Of course, they may not have actually looked at the logs beyond seeing that I was on a beta OS. And the one person I emailed with who has familiarity with the beta program assured me that the BT problem exists with 680 and Passports and that BB is aware of it. But why not with all Passports, if it isn't a hardware issue?

As discussed above, maybe it's like the flickering problem--a 10.3.1.2708 upgrade (I think it was) solved the flickering problem with everyone, but some people on PP never had the flickering problem with any OS.

I just hope there is a new beta/leak soon that will solve the BT issue.
    05-26-15 07:07 PM
    are you sure your headphone setting isn't just set to low? I mean the headphone booster and the equalizer settings? Is the sound low even with wired headset? If it is only on bluetooth one, it might be the format of the music?

I cant find it now, but I saw a setting for headphone volume that are aside from volume buttons on side, can't remember if it was passport or another though though
    05-26-15 07:21 PM
    Hello Z10 users,

What's the verdict.
    Is it stable for the Z10 ?
    Can we use it as an daily driver?

Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2744/CB10
    05-26-15 07:30 PM
    Hello Z10 users,

What's the verdict.
    Is it stable for the Z10 ?
    Can we use it as an daily driver?

Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2744/CB10
    Your biggest issue might be battery life. I average 11 hours on Z30. I don't have any other issues personally

Posted via CB10
    NRB likes this.
    05-26-15 08:18 PM
    are you sure your headphone setting isn't just set to low? I mean the headphone booster and the equalizer settings? Is the sound low even with wired headset? If it is only on bluetooth one, it might be the format of the music?

I cant find it now, but I saw a setting for headphone volume that are aside from volume buttons on side, can't remember if it was passport or another though though
    You're right--in a way--and the BT dongle was a great idea. I plugged in my regular headphones, and the volume is fine. When I adjust volume, it says "headset volume." Then, when I plug in the stereo mini plug for the BT dongle and adjust the volume, it says "line out volume." So it sees the BT dongle as something like an amp that wants the very low output of a line-out instead of seeing it as a headphone. Must be the impedance it's reading. There is no volume adjust on the BT dongle--it is meant to go with Altec BT headphones which are powered and which do have a volume control. A different BT dongle might work, or this one with the Altec phones, but they don't have a microphone, so I can't use them for calls.
    05-26-15 09:26 PM
    You're right--in a way--and the BT dongle was a great idea. I plugged in my regular headphones, and the volume is fine. When I adjust volume, it says "headset volume." Then, when I plug in the stereo mini plug for the BT dongle and adjust the volume, it says "line out volume." So it sees the BT dongle as something like an amp that wants the very low output of a line-out instead of seeing it as a headphone. Must be the impedance it's reading. There is no volume adjust on the BT dongle--it is meant to go with Altec BT headphones which are powered and which do have a volume control. A different BT dongle might work, or this one with the Altec phones, but they don't have a microphone, so I can't use them for calls.
    sorry, i dont know anything about electronics like that to help, and i hought you had trouble with a bluetooth headset like lg tone, i got a cheapo one for $15 which works fine with built in bluetooth, no adapter needed.

but then i saw you wanted to connect it to your car, and remembered why i referred to the jack as a fm one. why not get a cheap $10-15 headphone jack to fm transmitter? then turn car radio to that channel? i do that on my old car that doesnt have bluetooth. the fm transmitter is plugged into the smoking port in car so the power source should be enough so it deosnt think it is a line out thing like you said.

you could probably try it out at best buy on a demo fm transmitter unit and the radio there. i would say radio shack but i dont know if they are still around

did you need to make calls from headset? i cant help with that, all i do is music with mine, car makes calls via bluetooth okay though, once it gets over my accent
    05-26-15 09:46 PM
    Why not get a cheap $10-15 headphone jack to fm transmitter? then turn car radio to that channel? i do that on my old car that doesnt have bluetooth. the fm transmitter is plugged into the smoking port in car so the power source should be enough so it deosnt think it is a line out thing like you said.
    Not a bad idea at all. Yes, Radio Shack has sort of disappeared around here, but we have Best Buy, and there's always Amazon. Actually, I could probably connect the headphone out directly to that tape cassette device I have and accomplish the same thing, except for the calls. I shouldn't be talking on the phone while I drive, anyway, even hands free.
    05-26-15 10:07 PM
    Not a bad idea at all. Yes, Radio Shack has sort of disappeared around here, but we have Best Buy, and there's always Amazon. Actually, I could probably connect the headphone out directly to that tape cassette device I have and accomplish the same thing, except for the calls. I shouldn't be talking on the phone while I drive, anyway, even hands free.
    why cant you use bb assistant for hands free driving to make the calls? the mic is good enough to pick up you talking in car, and the playback will still go through the jack to whatever you connect it with. to answer them, just make it automatic pickup. but the speakers on phone does well enough without playing it through car stereo for me.
    05-26-15 10:10 PM
    why cant you use bb assistant for hands free driving to make the calls? the mic is good enough to pick up you talking in car, and the playback will still go through the jack to whatever you connect it with. to answer them, just make it automatic pickup. but the speakers on phone does well enough without playing it through car stereo for me.
    Another good idea. in fact. With my BT headset--when it was working--I could and use the call button on the headset to activate Voice Assistant, and while slow, it worked. Otherwise I guess you have to hit the mute button on the Passport first to activate VA, which isn't so difficult. There isn't any voice activation to bring up VA, is there? I think the iPhone has that with Siri, but am not sure.
    05-26-15 10:22 PM
    the biggest issue on this leak is the battery and the radio
    05-26-15 11:43 PM
674 ... 2021222324 ...