06-24-15 03:19 PM
674 1234 ...
tools
    OS Block list for this is... OS 0.0.0.0 to 10.3.2.658

Looks like there's no going back. Not to 10.3.2.500, not to 10.2.2 either.
    Plz make a loader for OS 0.0.0.0? Will it work on STL001 halp tall man thx

Posted via CB10
    redsaph and WWBlondieDo like this.
    05-11-15 02:20 PM
    Plz make a loader for OS 0.0.0.0? Will it work on STL001 halp tall man thx

Posted via CB10
    Autoloader for OS 0.0.0.0 will work on all devices.

Find a copy of cfp and run the following.

cfp -nuke

Edit: I shouldn't have to say this... but I will anyway. Don't do that. Seriously. Just Don't.
    05-11-15 02:22 PM
    Well, it would be (stupid) sorry for the bad word , to load a BETA os on a daily driver...
    BETA os should only be loaded when you have spare devices (at least one).
    Actually, that was one of the requirements for entering the beta - to install the Beta OS onto your main device and use it as your daily driver. Sounds logical to me, because you can only catch all the bugs while using device extensively. And, sure, there is always risk of something going awfully wrong. But then again it is BETA.
    05-11-15 02:24 PM
    I don't like the new BlockList thing :/
    The best thing about BB10 till now was the option to downgrade or update whenever we want...!! But with 10.3.2 and all the latest BB Development OS 10.3.1 bugs it will be impossible to go back to a stable OS :/

and I dont trust that every os start from BB 10.3.2 will be without huge bugs...
    05-11-15 02:27 PM
    What is new?

 Passport
    Autoloader for OS 0.0.0.0 will work on all devices.

Find a copy of cfp and run the following.

cfp -nuke

Edit: I shouldn't have to say this... but I will anyway. Don't do that. Seriously. Just Don't.
    Hahaha...oversmartness somes blows ur *** away :P
    Good reply..rite on the eye

Posted via CB10
    Actually, that was one of the requirements for entering the beta - to install the Beta OS onto your main device and use it as your daily driver. Sounds logical to me, because you can only catch all the bugs while using device extensively. And, sure, there is always risk of something going awfully wrong. But then again it is BETA.
    Yeah, use it AS a daily driver.
    If i had that os i would use it as a daily driver on my spare Z10...
    You see... If that z10 would be nuked, no problem since i have a Q10 left..

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-11-15 02:30 PM
    Ok, but what if something happens to your phone. You can never downgrade

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Your stuck with it.

Murdeme
    LazyEvul and BMCruiser like this.
    05-11-15 02:30 PM
    But, i got your point
    Guess we will have to wait till a os becomes available without that blacklisting.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 02:32 PM
    I would think there is a trick to down grading we just have to find it.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Go back to using a brick phone.

Murdeme
    gfondeur likes this.
    Wow, 36 posts of useful findings & fixes... 😄

RedBlackBeast
    OS Block list for this is... OS 0.0.0.0 to 10.3.2.658

Looks like there's no going back. Not to 10.3.2.500, not to 10.2.2 either.
    So if you can get at the file that denotes the blocks, why can't you just change it?
    05-11-15 02:33 PM
    Just found out I've not been selected for BlackBerry Beta testing

That's my finding lol

Passport 
    Paul86 and Graheem like this.
    05-11-15 02:34 PM
    Just found out I've not been selected for BlackBerry Beta testing

That's my finding lol

Passport 
    Join tha club...
    2 devices, not 1 selected

Posted via CB10
    blackbird666 likes this.
    05-11-15 02:36 PM
    So if you can get at the file that denotes the blocks, why can't you just change it?
    Finding a copy of the file is easy, changing it not so much.

the file itself contains these lines

[OS]
    RANGE_START = 0.0.0.0 DEV
    RANGE_END = 10.3.2.658 DEV
    OS_TYPE_MASK = 0x10

Look, easy to change right? Ok, then how do you load it to the device? Well, that's a different story. It's part of the OS, and the Os is a compressed filesystem, so you have to make the changes, re-compress and replace within the OS. Not insurmountable because the file structure is fairly simple. But then to load it to your phone, good luck, that's where all the security signatures come in. Can't duplicate those.

Once the OS is loaded, on first boot it copies that list into NVRAM. Loading an OS that doesn't have the same list won't clear what's already there, it'll only ever add to it. So once the list is on your phone, there's no going back. There's currently no known ways to clear that list off.
    05-11-15 02:38 PM
    Something is heating up but it's not the battery...

RedBlackBeast
    05-11-15 02:38 PM
    Because you need BlackBerry's signing key for any OS file you push to the phone or it won't accept it. Unpacking the OS file and changing the appropriate location is not very hard, nor is adding something to the startup routine (like a program to mount the NVRAM read/write and clear that blacklist.) However, without the signing key once you modify the file you can't sign it, and if it's not signed (or the signature is not valid) the phone won't load it. You can force an unsigned file to be sent to the phone but that doesn't do you a bit of good because the phone's bootloader verifies all the signatures on boot and won't start if any of them are invalid.

As a result BlackBerry almost-certainly can wipe that blacklist, if they have a reason to do it. They could send you an "OS" file that has an impossibly-high OS version, overwrites the NVRAM (it has to have privileged access to it to write it) and then just exits, after which the list is gone.

But you can't do that, I can't do it, and nobody else can either because we lack the key necessary to sign the file, even assuming we had the tools necessary to build something the phone would otherwise execute on boot.

My opinion is that "off beta program" updating with this (or .500 for that matter) is extremely dangerous until you have an autoloader for your device available. Updates are never guaranteed to work, although I've only had one update actually fail since I bought my Z10 on US Launch Day -- but if it does and you are not in the beta program (and thus can't use Link to reload with THIS version) or you don't have an autoloader of THIS version you are screwed as your device is a brick until you come up with that loader, one of a later version number, or get whitelisted for a later version allowing you to load it via Link.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 05-11-15 at 02:49 PM.
    05-11-15 02:39 PM
    Something is heating up but it's not the battery...

RedBlackBeast
    What is it?

 Passport
    bigjman likes this.
    05-11-15 02:41 PM
    What is it?

 Passport
    Heating up for another cup of tea, waiting for what ever is coming next

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.*
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    05-11-15 02:44 PM
    Join tha club...
    2 devices, not 1 selected

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, I feel left out :P

Happy I joined the club

Passport 
    05-11-15 02:58 PM
    I am guessing that OS 0.0.0.0 should have great battery life, since by it's version number it won't actually do anything.

Except, of course, put a watermark on your device . . . . .

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.500 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Robbenezer likes this.
    05-11-15 02:59 PM
    I am guessing that OS 0.0.0.0 should have great battery life, since by it's version number it won't actually do anything.

Except, of course, put a watermark on your device . . . . .

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.500 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    And the damn analizing monitor in the left corner...That damn battery swipe gesture!
    Oh wait, it won't be able to boot...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:07 PM
    BT is fixed.

BT with Fiat Car&Me - uploads contacts again
    BT with my HP printer - finds my network printer again
    BT with my fitbit works again (call notifications)

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and gfondeur like this.
    05-11-15 03:34 PM
    Cursed Chen's no more leaks policy. He inserts a blacklist on the Beta OS so we cowards, or not technically self-confident, won't load the new OS as a leak. Then he will send an upgrade that will brick permanently all the phones of those obsessed or gifted leak addicts that will dare use a leak.

Genius but wicked.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2744
    05-11-15 03:38 PM
    Cursed Chen's no more leaks policy. He inserts a blacklist on the Beta OS so we cowards, or not technically self-confident, won't load the new OS as a leak. Then he will send an upgrade that will brick permanently all the phones of those obsessed or gifted leak addicts that will dare use a leak.

Genius but wicked.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2744
    Wow. You want to load it ,load it. If you don't. Don't. No need to strike fear with ludicrous statements.

All official updates will probably be like this for 10.3.2. Much like it is on iOS and Android.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    blackbird666, gfondeur and redsaph like this.
    05-11-15 03:52 PM
674 1234 ...