I want to try this latest leak and my only reason is, I am getting my SMSes notification getting screwed every now and then. I just stop getting SMSes. I was thinking of factory setting my Q10, take the back up and then use autoloader to flash this new leak. I am in the impression that using autoloader wipes out the phone completely and I shall have my phone starting afresh. Do I still need to restore (though I don't need considering I want my system start afresh)? What would happen to the paid apps? I'm presuming they shall remain. I got my Q10 with 10.2 and I am wondering do I really need to restore the settings on 10.3.1.938? I know I can factory reset the phone anytime.
    Appreciate the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:31 AM
    I would start fresh, it will be just like when you first got the device nothing personal on there, and you'll have to go through all the setup steps and tutorials.

Anything you want backed up can be done with third party apps like firechest, contactX(if you dont use a cloud based contact backup), or SMS backup. Just remember to grab the files from the internal storage of the device, or backup to your SD card. When you run the autoloader anything on internal storage gets wiped out. Only thing third party apps won't backup as opposed to a LINK backup, is device settings, you'll have to do those manually.

Yes the Autoloader will wipe your device prior to loading the OS and that's kind of what you want to do anyways, simply to eradicate any bugs from the previous OS. Your payed/free apps will always be available in BBworld under "My World". They are tied to your BBID so you will never loose any of them, you'll just have to download them again.
    11-11-14 06:16 AM
    Is it really that easy via an autoloader? The only time it would take would to do the syncing. Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:44 AM
    Is it really that easy via an autoloader? The only time it would take would to do the syncing. Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    Autoloader takes literally 3 minutes, well maybe 5 if your computer is slow
    The restore part is the annoying portion, because that can take upwards of an hour depending on how much you will be restoring
    11-11-14 10:46 AM
    Hold on..i haven't done any restore by connecting to my PC. Is that needed? Btw annoying part is, I just stop getting SMSes all of sudden. Is that a know issue? Any fix for that? Suddenly at the left bottom I am seeing cpu, memory, events etc continously updating. What is that?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:36 AM
    Raj, you can reload a single bar file. That may fix sms issue. Takes 5 minutes...download bar and sideload using Sachesi, or Chrome Browser.
    Graph is developer tool used in testing newly written app code.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1016
    gemoelle likes this.
    11-11-14 07:34 PM
    Worth a try. Let me try that out.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:55 PM
    I want to try this latest leak and my only reason is, I am getting my SMSes notification getting screwed every now and then. I just stop getting SMSes. I was thinking of factory setting my Q10, take the back up and then use autoloader to flash this new leak. I am in the impression that using autoloader wipes out the phone completely and I shall have my phone starting afresh. Do I still need to restore (though I don't need considering I want my system start afresh)? What would happen to the paid apps? I'm presuming they shall remain. I got my Q10 with 10.2 and I am wondering do I really need to restore the settings on 10.3.1.938? I know I can factory reset the phone anytime.
    Appreciate the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    Don't restore, just download paid apps ( you won't have to pay again)

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 05:41 AM