12-07-13 11:19 AM
30 12
tools
    Maybe I'm a bit late to this 10.2.1 game, but I used to install leaked OS on my q10, then after the 10.2.0 official, I stayed with that OS and never tried anything else. Today I just tried the 10.2.1 and I must say, I am extremely impressed. The amount of features they have added to the 10.2.1 as well as the changes that have been made are all amazing. Blackberry literally added all features that I want for this OS and fix stuffs that are kinda annoying.
    The new features that I like are the way you can customize the toggle (just like android). I have android as well and so adding this feature is natural. Also I like how they change the call display. Some people don't like this new call display but from time to time, I had trouble answering calls because I got confuse on how to slide it, now it is much simpler.

I'm also extremely happy with the changes that they made to the music pops up. In the previous version, the media pops up whenever you change the volume and the problem being is the fact that that thing pops up in the middle of the screen and it basically stops me from navigating the phone for a few seconds, now they moved it to the top so (not really a big deal for Z 10 but for q10 *small screen* this changes is extremely nice*)

But probably the biggest addition that I like is the way you can natively install APK now, not just that, the android runtime in this leak version seems to be unlocked and no permabar either, which is perfect.

So overall this update is extremely nice, hopefully the battery is being nice to me too. Up to now I haven't notice any problems other than slight lag spike here and there but acceptable for a beta leak os
    Last edited by Raikozy; 12-04-13 at 03:13 PM. Reason: mistyped
    12-03-13 04:49 PM
    Welcome to the future of Blackberry

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z30 powered by 10.2.1.xxxx
    moyah8, m1kr0 and Raikozy like this.
    12-03-13 05:01 PM
    Agreed. Amazing stuff.
    12-04-13 01:46 AM
    This is just the beginning

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-04-13 01:55 AM
    I agree. 10.2.1.xxxx is pretty nice. I think the call answering is much better. And the email delete hub/server thing is a nice addition for folks used to the older BlackBerry phones.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 01:56 AM
    I hear it's confirmed!!

BB10.2.1 is awesome
    12-04-13 02:04 AM
    I wanted (don't need, but want) Amazon Audible app. I installed the Amazon Android market but every Android app I tried from there fails. I looked around for the Audible APK but couldn't find one. I knew there is one on 1Mobile but I'm unwilling to install that market because you can't remove the permissions allowing them to harvest your contacts, files, etc... It finally dawned on my my spare Z10 is sitting in a box (Z30 is my daily driver).

• I installed 10.2.1.1055 and 1Mobile on the Z10. It doesn't have any contacts or anything else that would be useful if harvested
    • Next I start the install of Android app from 1Mobile on my Z10
    • When it gets to the point where the installer is warning me and the green install button is in the upper-right corner, I open File Manager and find the apk on the Z10
    • Long press the apk file and tap the share icon
    • Tap NFC, put my Z30 up to my Z10 and let the file transfer to my Z30
    • Then cancel the install on the Z10
    • Presto, I now have the apk file on my Z30 without the 1Mobile wrapper
    • Installed it and Audible works well

Am I pirating? No. 1Mobile can harvest all it wants from my Z10. Amazon wants me to buy audible books. I wouldn't do that without the app. Now that I have the app, I will. No one is cheated.
    12-04-13 07:12 AM
    Maybe I'm a bit late to this 10.2.1 game, but I used to install leaked OS on my q10, then after the 10.2.1 official, I stayed with that OS and never tried anything else. Today I just tried the 10.2.1 and I must say, I am extremely impressed. The amount of features they have added to the 10.2.1 as well as the changes that have been made are all amazing. Blackberry literally added all features that I want for this OS and fix stuffs that are kinda annoying.
    The new features that I like are the way you can customize the toggle (just like android). I have android as well and so adding this feature is natural. Also I like how they change the call display. Some people don't like this new call display but from time to time, I had trouble answering calls because I got confuse on how to slide it, now it is much simpler.

I'm also extremely happy with the changes that they made to the music pops up. In the previous version, the media pops up whenever you change the volume and the problem being is the fact that that thing pops up in the middle of the screen and it basically stops me from navigating the phone for a few seconds, now they moved it to the top so (not really a big deal for Z 10 but for q10 *small screen* this changes is extremely nice*)

But probably the biggest addition that I like is the way you can natively install APK now, not just that, the android runtime in this leak version seems to be unlocked and no permabar either, which is perfect.

So overall this update is extremely nice, hopefully the battery is being nice to me too. Up to now I haven't notice any problems other than slight lag spike here and there but acceptable for a beta leak os
    All good, however don't get too excited about battery life. I have experienced the hottest, worst battery burning leak to date. Fortunately, I'm getting the Z30 soon so I'm not too worried about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:19 AM
    I wish someone could privately help me install the leak on my (Z10STL100-3) I am embarassed that I lost the know-how ,as it's different from when I used to own a BB many centuries ago.

If someone has the patience to actually walk me through it, email me, as I'm not always on here.

salvatore.traina@live.com
    12-04-13 08:32 AM
    I wish someone could privately help me install the leak on my (Z10STL100-3) I am embarassed that I lost the know-how ,as it's different from when I used to own a BB many centuries ago.

If someone has the patience to actually walk me through it, email me, as I'm not always on here.

Just sent you an email.
    LuayS and 8lackberry8 like this.
    12-04-13 08:47 AM
    Hey. I'd also be interested in learning how to install the beta... email is Sickening88@gmail.com

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:37 AM
    you can thank me for the volume thing. I suggested it to BlackBerry via the beta apps about 3 months ago.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Raikozy likes this.
    12-04-13 10:39 AM
    you can thank me for the volume thing. I suggested it to BlackBerry via the beta apps about 3 months ago.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    And they took interest in yours and ONLY your email regarding this feature!

I think to take credit for this addition is somewhat delusional given the fact that emailing BlackBerry regarding reuest for features is done by more than one person.

I've emailed them about the delete on hub feature too.. does that make me liable for its inception? No. It's just progress that they see fit based on comments / feedback from a lot of people. What this shows really, is that BlackBerry is listening to its consumers.

Not having a go at you, so please don't take it that way.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    12-04-13 11:43 AM

Just go to the thread with links to the leaked rom. Find version for your model stl100-3 and download file to your pc. Unpack it with 7zip and double click on unpacked file. Autoinstaller will do the rest. You need to have installed BlackBerry usb drivers. Before rom upgrade backup your stuff.because autoinstaller will reformat all data(restore is a little bit tricky because if you restore your settings things could become unstable, but restoration of files will be probbably ok).

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:34 PM

It is fairly simple, first I would suggest to use something like Fire Backup to do a backup of your contact(if you need to keep them) because a restore from blackberry link seem to cause lots of issue with .1055., then you go at http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/ and download the file for the Z10 STL100-2/3/4 10.2.1055 + Radio, it's usually an exe (or a zip, if it is a zip just unzip it first), then plug your phone via usb and run it (black windows will appear and will tell you what it's doing, like rebooting your device, flashing the memory, etc),After the OS install, reinstall Fire Backup and restore your contact or anything you backed up with it.

Fire Backup can be found in blackberry app world, but it use a dropbox account to store the backup (it's free so just go at dropbox.com and create one)

so going back on this thread, I, too, feel like this os is the one, the one that we've been waiting for since bb10 came out.
    12-04-13 01:08 PM
    Detailed instructions for how I and several of my friends upgraded to 10.2.1.1055. I updated this thread today with some additional information.
    My (non-OTA) OS install process
    12-04-13 01:43 PM
    Since I installed this leak, my phone is as cold as ice.

The battery does not heat up anymore.

Posted Via CB10 running OS 10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 02:21 PM
    surprisingly, after 2 days of using it, my battery last as long as the official OS, I unplugged my phone 7-8 hours ago and now its sitting at 78% and I played a few games, install apk and texting and taking 1 picture
    12-04-13 03:18 PM
    And they took interest in yours and ONLY your email regarding this feature!

I think to take credit for this addition is somewhat delusional given the fact that emailing BlackBerry regarding reuest for features is done by more than one person.

I've emailed them about the delete on hub feature too.. does that make me liable for its inception? No. It's just progress that they see fit based on comments / feedback from a lot of people. What this shows really, is that BlackBerry is listening to its consumers.

Not having a go at you, so please don't take it that way.

it wasn't an email. It was a direct suggestion in a beta app that goes to them directly to the dev's. Not an email.
    12-05-13 12:42 AM
    it wasn't an email. It was a direct suggestion in a beta app that goes to them directly to the dev's. Not an email.
    My statement reads the same, as I too participated in that programme. I made an error saying email.....

But you know what. Well done to you. :-)

Good one.

freedomx20a likes this.
    12-05-13 12:47 AM
    Battery life seems to have improved on mine!
    12-05-13 02:45 AM
    Hi,
    I installed 10.2.1.1055 in my z10 but after restoring my backup, when I go to 'about' it reads 10.2.1.176 .... is this normal?
    12-05-13 10:50 AM
    Hi,
    I installed 10.2.1.1055 in my z10 but after restoring my backup, when I go to 'about' it reads 10.2.1.176 .... is this normal?
    Yes. Start composing a BBM, TXT, Email or Remember post. In the text entry field type myver and press the space bar. It will show your your phone model and OS version.
    12-05-13 11:14 AM
    oh, I see. So why the different numbers? Sorry I'm not too familiar with this ...
    12-05-13 11:22 AM
    oh, I see. So why the different numbers? Sorry I'm not too familiar with this ...
    There is a thread somewhere that explains the difference between OS and software version.

I'm sure someone will pop it on for you.

It's somewhat the same as Windows Vista is Windows OS 6 and Windows 7 is OS 6.1 and Windows 8 is OS 6.2.... hope I've not confused you.

But in short, the numbers that you see are correct (in co relation to each other).

palosanto likes this.
    12-05-13 11:30 AM
30 12