08-20-14 09:43 AM
65 123
tools
    It's not strange, it's entirely possible.

However it's useless as the apps from the simulator are missing the signature files required to install on our phones. How do I know? I just extracted them.

With ONE exception. The browser.

Here's the browser - version 10.3.0.45 (not sure how that compares to 10.3.0.700)

https://mega.co.nz/#!JIt03AiA!kGCjtH...Z5mO8LgQQJEGWY

Here's one that doesn't work - camera - just to see the difference. under MANIFEST directory it's missing the RDK and AUTHOR files like every other signed BAR file has.

https://mega.co.nz/#!FAMXzKCS!NXMaT1...1Wc8PuWoQFyFmI

Edit: OK, so the list that do have signatures is:
    sys.pim.email.composer.card
    sys.pim.messages
    sys.pim.email.card
    sys.browser
    sys.data.zoneinfo
    and the sys.data.imf.*

The rest are useless without them
    I can report that this Browser bar file works just fine.
    08-19-14 08:05 PM
    I know I know. I got a problem, I need help.

Posted via CB10
    Join the club...lol...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    08-20-14 01:44 AM
    1) Stop calling the Dev OS an SDK, it's plain wrong
    2) You could probably extract the bar files, repackaging using your own Author ID(as unsigned bar files) and install them with a debug token but they probably won't work as the executables are compiled for x86 as Thurask said(except for the browser that's a written in HTML5)
    08-20-14 07:55 AM
    2) You could probably extract the bar files, repackaging using your own Author ID(as unsigned bar files) and install them with a debug token but they probably won't work as the executables are compiled for x86 as Thurask said(except for the browser that's a written in HTML5)
    This is wrong in so many ways.

You CANNOT sign BlackBerry files. Only BlackBerry can with their special signing keys

Posted via CB10
    LastSnake likes this.
    08-20-14 07:57 AM
    Good to see people are dying to get 10.3 release. Me too on same boat.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.2.1531
    LastSnake likes this.
    08-20-14 08:08 AM
    This is wrong in so many ways.

You CANNOT sign BlackBerry files. Only BlackBerry can with their special signing keys

Posted via CB10
    1)Sure you can sign bar files, us devs do it all the time
    2)I explicitly said "as unsigned bar files" and I never mentioned any signing.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-20-14 08:26 AM
    1)Sure you can sign bar files, us devs do it all the time
    2)I explicitly said "as unsigned bar files" and I never mentioned any signing.
    You need to sign any blackberry system file after editing. The simulator apps weren't signed (most of them) so you cant install them. Its not like repackaging a game or app you created, or else people would have hacked bb a LONG TIME AGO
    08-20-14 08:51 AM
    You need to sign any blackberry system file after editing. The simulator apps weren't signed (most of them) so you cant install them. Its not like repackaging a game or app you created, or else people would have hacked bb a LONG TIME AGO
    Looks like you didn't even read my first comment(or you really have no clue on the matter), you can install unsigned bar files as long as you have a debug token installed(this is what debug tokens are for) and the author id of said token matches the author id of the bar file, which is exactly what I meant in my first comment.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:53 AM
    Looks like you didn't even read my first comment(or you really have no clue on the matter), you can install unsigned bar files as long as you have a debug token installed(this is what debug tokens are for) and the author id of said token matches the author id of the bar file, which is exactly what I meant in my first comment.

Posted via CB10
    To the best of my understanding that still all depends on permissions required for an app. Some of the system permissions can't be done even with a debug token and many of the apps you pull from an OS do require higher permission levels. Those that don't require system permissions of course you can modify and load using that method.

However you're right about the browser being platform independent and the others being compiled for x86, but you never get to the point that it informs you of that error since it checks for the signatures first.
    LastSnake and josh74 like this.
    08-20-14 09:04 AM
    To the best of my understanding that still all depends on permissions required for an app. Some of the system permissions can't be done even with a debug token and many of the apps you pull from an OS do require higher permission levels. Those that don't require system permissions of course you can modify and load using that method.

However you're right about the browser being platform independent and the others being compiled for x86, but you never get to the point that it informs you of that error since it checks for the signatures first.
    That is true, the debug token method most likely won't work except maybe for the media apps or something like that.
    08-20-14 09:13 AM
    You've been trolling all the threads talking about Sdk/dev os. Everyone knows what ppl are talking about so stop trolling...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:15 AM
    You've been trolling all the threads talking about Sdk/dev os. Everyone knows what ppl are talking about so stop trolling...

Posted via CB10
    Not trolling, an SDK in not an OS and calling it such is misleading and wrong.
    08-20-14 09:19 AM
    Not trolling, an SDK in not an OS and calling it such is misleading and wrong.
    Agreed. You are technically correct - the best kind of correct. However when BlackBerry calls it the SDK OS (in places) themselves it's hard to fight it.
    LastSnake, pttptppt and josh74 like this.
    08-20-14 09:22 AM
    Agreed. You are technically correct - the best kind of correct. However when BlackBerry calls it the SDK OS (in places) themselves it's hard to fight it.
    That's probably what causes the confusion, but SDK OS is not the same as SDK, the former clearly stablishes that they're talking about the OS; but I'll give up on it and I'll just stop entering those threads.
    08-20-14 09:27 AM
    That is true, the debug token method most likely won't work except maybe for the media apps or something like that.
    The debug token doesn't work for BlackBerry system apps

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:43 AM
65 123