02-22-17 01:24 PM
68 123
tools
    Thank you M. Chen to abandonne BlackBerry and BlackBerry fans.

I assume you are a man of software and that you believe that the hardware market is a busy market where there is no place for BlackBerry to you.

Due to you M. Chen we have to choose between going on android/ios or still have an unuseful BlackBerry without apps neither for private nor for work.

Thank you again for letting us stuck on the side of the road

Posted via CB10
    Bostil1987 and acovey like this.
    07-01-16 12:59 PM
    BlackBerry still exists. No need to be melodramatic.
    gugomat, Vistaus, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-01-16 01:07 PM

I assume you are a man of software and that you believe that the hardware market is a busy market where there is no place for BlackBerry to you.

Due to you M. Chen we have to choose between going on android/ios or still have an unuseful BlackBerry without apps neither for private nor for work.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the BlackBerry bus has left some riders on the side of the road, and that's because John Chen needed to lighten the load so that he can stretch his gas mileage. The bus owners just want the bus to make it to the end of its current trip before they decide where it needs to go next and let riders back on.
    07-01-16 01:07 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry bus has left some riders on the side of the road, and that's because John Chen needed to lighten the load so that he can stretch his gas mileage. The bus owners just want the bus to make it to the end of its current trip before they decide where it needs to go next and let riders back on.
    Terrible... So we all got on the bus to Disney-world. The driver decided we didn't have enough gas to make it but could instead go to New Jersey sewage treatment plant. If you don't want to go then get off the bus here in the middle of the woods and no-one will be called to get you.

Ill wait on the bus if the plan is to refuel at the treatment plant and continue to Disney... Otherwise the woods are closer to home and I can walk back and cut my losses.
    07-01-16 01:12 PM
    I am sorry to here your frustration, but the issues with Blackberry and OS10 go back long before Mr Chen took the helm, the complacency and a lack of vision that got them to this position goes back to the founding fathers. I have been around since the early days and I can still remember folks complaining about slow product and software releases and not listening to what the consumer was asking long before Chen was here.

It's easy to knock companies like Apple and Samsung, but they did nothing but deliver a product the consumer wanted and have made billions doing it. These are basic fundamental business concepts that they teach at any good business school. It make me sick to see this once iconic brand be all but forgotten here in the USA. But, if going Android can get the brand back into the hands of former users, then I think it's better then just shutting down the hardware division all together, just my two cents.
    07-01-16 01:14 PM
    I am sorry to here your frustration, but the issues with Blackberry and OS10 go back long before Mr Chen took the helm, the complacency and a lack of vision that got them to this position goes back to the founding fathers. I have been around since the early days and I can still remember folks complaining about slow product and software releases and not listening to what the consumer was asking long before Chen was here.

It's easy to knock companies like Apple and Samsung, but they did nothing but deliver a product the consumer wanted and have made billions doing it. These are basic fundamental business concepts that they teach at any good business school. It make me sick to see this once iconic brand be all but forgotten here in the USA. But, if going Android can get the brand back into the hands of former users, then I think it's better then just shutting down the hardware division all together, just my two cents.
    You are right. Blackberry has been a mess for a long time. The big issue some of us have is that they adopted Android. IMO it doesn't fix any of the problems that i feel caused their decline and moves to a platform that some of us have taken any means to avoid. As consumers we all lose here by reducing the industry to just 2 players and further strengthening Google and GPS OHA.
    I have no brand loyalty here. If Samsung sold BB10 powered devices I would likely prefer them over Blackberry themselves.
    acovey likes this.
    07-01-16 01:18 PM
    Terrible... So we all got on the bus to Disney-world. The driver decided we didn't have enough gas to make it but could instead go to New Jersey sewage treatment plant. If you don't want to go then get off the bus here in the middle of the woods and no-one will be called to get you.

Ill wait on the bus if the plan is to refuel at the treatment plant and continue to Disney... Otherwise the woods are closer to home and I can walk back and cut my losses.
    Bingo.
    07-01-16 01:31 PM
    I think I saw a comment somewhere on CB 'a guy from a DB company' )

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 01:41 PM
    I cannot imagine future without my delicious physical keyboard, my sweet and smooth secured OS; my beloved BlackBerry.

I agree, if only BlackBerry would had sold the OS 10 on Samsung devices.

I also wish BlackBerry would give us a secured Android power Passport version. I just want to keep this wonderful capacitive 3 lines keyboard and that amazing form factor.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-01-16 04:32 PM
    Hold your breath and count to ten?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Rustybronco likes this.
    07-01-16 05:18 PM
    Or go to bed and have a sweet dream

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 05:26 PM
    Or go to bed and have a sweet dream

Posted via CB10
    +1

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    07-01-16 05:34 PM
    Go ahead and get La Fin Du Monde beer and get drunk. Though Delirium Tremens might be a better beer for us crackberrians

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 06:22 AM
    I cannot imagine future without my delicious physical keyboard, my sweet and smooth secured OS; my beloved BlackBerry.

I agree, if only BlackBerry would had sold the OS 10 on Samsung devices.

I also wish BlackBerry would give us a secured Android power Passport version. I just want to keep this wonderful capacitive 3 lines keyboard and that amazing form factor.

Posted via CB10
    A fixed keyboard Android is coming, but the screen won't be square.

BlackBerry Mercury (Rome) renderings show slick physical keyboard - SlashGear

These are just renderings and nothing's confirmed, but I'm drooling over that keyboard.
    07-02-16 06:27 AM
    Now playing

Metallica - Sad But True

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    07-02-16 06:51 AM
    A fixed keyboard Android is coming, but the screen won't be square.

BlackBerry Mercury (Rome) renderings show slick physical keyboard - SlashGear

These are just renderings and nothing's confirmed, but I'm drooling over that keyboard.
    Yes but seriously do you think this phone specs are acceptable in late 2016 !

I prefer Keeping my Passport. I just need fully working apps without lag.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 10:08 AM
    At this point, the development of smartphones has reached a point of maturity. Having the newest hardware and the latest specifications is no longer as important as it was in the past.
    07-02-16 02:22 PM
    Go ahead and get La Fin Du Monde beer and get drunk. Though Delirium Tremens might be a better beer for us crackberrians

Posted via CB10
    I much prefer Delirium Tremens over La Fin Du Monde, but they're nothing compared to my Tree House beers.
    07-02-16 04:14 PM
    BlackBerry take your time I am still here
    Red passport
    07-02-16 06:51 PM
    Bingo.
    Bingo double that

Red passport
    07-02-16 06:53 PM
    At this point, the development of smartphones has reached a point of maturity. Having the newest hardware and the latest specifications is no longer as important as it was in the past.
    Exactly! I don't see what's wrong with our Passports. It has more than enough RAM, a very decent MAH on its battery and the screen is bright and sharp.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 07-03-16 at 08:39 AM.
    07-03-16 12:02 AM
    Now playing

Metallica - Sad But True

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    BBKing - The Thrill is Gone
    07-03-16 06:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Word! No clear commitment to OS10 is very meaningful! Don't await anything for the classic Blackberrys. Sold my Passport SE after got to know about the cancellation of Whatsapp and now waiting for new Blackberry-Devices ... hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a BB with a real keyboard in my hands.
    07-03-16 06:31 AM
    Business 101..... Make a product people want at the right price... You make money and survive
    Make a product that people don't like... you lose money and you die

This isn't complicated.. BB's don't sell
    07-03-16 06:38 AM

I prefer Keeping my Passport. I just need fully working apps without lag.

Posted via CB10
    Both my fiance and her daughter use a Galaxy Note 3. Release date September 2013. Their phones do anything and everything they need (buggy software notwithstanding). I mean, we can't talk about specs and not mention that most BB10 phones use the Snapdragon s4 from 2012!
    07-03-16 06:56 AM
68 123