hi! how can i get original latest os on my pc and "uncompres" it, edit file, add app and flash it on my phone??
    01-31-14 06:23 AM
    So you have a bb10 device and you want to download the OS to install to your phone. There is a thread here with the link to the leak 1925 which is exactly what has been pushed out (and is still being pushed) to phones.

As far as "editing" and "adding apps" I have no idea what you mean to do. Unless you have experience, you cannot "edit" the OS by removing bar files unless you know what you are doing and you know which bar files to remove. I was able to successfully delete files but I did some research and asked other folks before doing this.

But search here int he leaked OS thread and you will find the 1925 in a thread called Legend something or other.
    01-31-14 07:13 AM
    You can't modify an OS file, they're all signed by BlackBerry. The only app loading/deleting you can do is post-install.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:39 AM
    You can only do this on android custom roms. You can't in blackberry OS

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mariosraptor; 01-31-14 at 08:53 AM.
    01-31-14 07:50 AM
    What's in those "rooms"?

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    mariosraptor likes this.
    01-31-14 08:09 AM
    What's in those "rooms"?

Some files...

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:10 AM
    What's in those "rooms"?

it's not a "room" , but "ROM".

If you’re new to the Android platform (don’t be bashful, all of us were not too long ago), you’ll see terms floating around the forums that you might not be familiar with. “ROM” is one of those terms. A ROM image is a data file that contains information used on a Read Only Memory chip. For our purposes, that means a complete system image of an Android device. Each Android device has it’s own ROM image that contains files and code needed to boot the device up and run Android on it. But this is only part of a ROM. A ROM also contains a GUI (graphical user interface), required and useful applications, support files for those applications and the kernel. Let’s have a look at the parts that make a ROM.

further reading: General ROM FAQ - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    01-31-14 08:22 AM
    it's not a "room" , but "ROM".

If youre new to the Android platform (dont be bashful, all of us were not too long ago), youll see terms floating around the forums that you might not be familiar with. ROM is one of those terms. A ROM image is a data file that contains information used on a Read Only Memory chip. For our purposes, that means a complete system image of an Android device. Each Android device has its own ROM image that contains files and code needed to boot the device up and run Android on it. But this is only part of a ROM. A ROM also contains a GUI (graphical user interface), required and useful applications, support files for those applications and the kernel. Lets have a look at the parts that make a ROM.

further reading: General ROM FAQ - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    He knows, he just joking..

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 and Pdinos3 like this.
    01-31-14 08:27 AM
    He knows, he just joking..

Posted via CB10
    gosh.... hahaha :-)
    Usually I do not "buy" such comments indeed ..
    But @Pdinos3 was speaking with such a serious face..... mamma mia.....he got me :-)
    Uzi, mariosraptor and toobs623 like this.
    01-31-14 08:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Edited my post. I'm exhausted and I was dreaming of my room and bed :-).
    @ralphlauren27, thanks for that mate. I indeed am a very old Android user. Lots of time in XDA :-)

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true, I remember removing the help, tutorial, demo video and etc. From my 9700

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    01-31-14 09:00 AM
    Not true, I remember removing the help, tutorial, demo video and etc. From my 9700

We are talking about editing before installing. Not after.
    If you say that you can before installing please let us know how!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:08 AM
    We are talking about editing before installing. Not after.
    If you say that you can before installing please let us know how!

Posted via CB10
    And I'm talking about a 9700... which is BBOS 5 and 6... you could do it on a pc and then run the autoloader

01-31-14 09:11 AM
    OK, fair about 5 and 6. On bb10 you can't

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:36 PM
    Didn't the original poster ask about OS, not ROMs?

I haven't installed a new ROM in anything since the 1980's. That was when installing a ROM actually meant doing an upgrade by installing new ROM chips provided by the manufacturer.
    01-31-14 01:45 PM
    Didn't the original poster ask about OS, not ROMs?

I haven't installed a new ROM in anything since the 1980's. That was when installing a ROM actually meant doing an upgrade by installing new ROM chips provided by the manufacturer.
    Thanks to Android, ROM means OS now, somehow.
    mariosraptor likes this.
    01-31-14 01:45 PM
    Isn't an Android a little green fella?...oh gosh, I'm getting old...going to my "rom" to sit in the corner...an' think....lol...losing my mind...
    "Of All The Things I've Lost, I Miss My Mind The Most" (forgot who coined that phrase but it's one of my most used ones)... :O

Trusted Member Genius
    02-01-14 04:43 AM
    And I'm talking about a 9700... which is BBOS 5 and 6... you could do it on a pc and then run the autoloader

It's still very different from what the OP is talking about.

What we did in the legacy OS amounted to just removing specific files from the Java directory so they wouldn't be there for the loader to load. I used to always remove the AT&T address book files to keep my 9800 from trying to immediately send all my personal contacts to their site (once I clicked on the setup for it by accident and could never get rid of it - so deleting the associated OS files before loading stopped that).

The OS shrinking tricks did basically the same thing. Apps like BBSAK would just move specific files to another directory so they wouldn't be there when loading the OS.

We didn't actually edit specific OS files directly. That's what the OP is wanting to do. That doesn't, and never did work.

Now, there were ways of editing the loading XML file if you wanted to get other vendor wallpaper themes, but that's just tricking the loader to load files for other vendors IDs (the XML file was basically just a list of the files to load based in the phone's vendor ID number - that's why every OS had files for every possible carrier in the world, but you only got what your carrier wants you to have). That's still not messing with actual OS files themselves.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:58 AM