I really avoid putting anything Android on my phone but I will do it when there is no alternative. I know the eBay app in the BlackBerry World is a ported app Android version. I also happen to get a ton notifications saying the Android ebay app has an update while the BlackBerry World ebay app is left untouched. . Does the Android version through Google Play run better than the eBay app on BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:48 PM
    I really avoid putting anything Android on my phone but I will do it when there is no alternative. I know the eBay app in the BlackBerry World is a ported app Android version. I also happen to get a ton notifications saying the Android ebay app has an update while the BlackBerry World ebay app is left untouched. . Does the Android version through Google Play run better than the eBay app on BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    I do prefer the android ebay app, because it does one or two things differently/better than the native/ported app. As for updates, once a week or so I use Snap and search for my installed android apps. If there's an update, it shows up and asks me to download it. If there isn't, I just get the option to open the app. Takes less than 5 minutes to check everything.
    04-12-14 09:52 PM
    Definitely go with the android apk. I couldn't stand the port in BBW.

Q10/10.2.1.2758 PIN: 3348639A
    04-12-14 09:55 PM
    Thanks guys I'll give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:28 AM
    I find that web is a choice too. Give it a try!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:25 AM
    A lot of the android versions of apps like Ebay, and Amazon have been updated recently to include a "back" button as part of the interface. Usually part of the upper left corner app icon once you go past the homepage. It allows you to do away with the bottom bar if you wish, which pretty much was only useful for its back button.

They miss a few places though, so you'd still need to do the back swipe gesture if you hide the bottom bar, but I've pretty much done away with that bar in most android apps I use. Which is not a whole lot anyway.

But, yeah, the ported Ebay app in BBW hasn't been updated since it first showed up there. And I think the android version was updated several times since then. I use the one straight out of Google Play via Snap. It's true that the mobile site is not bad either as it mimics the look of the android app anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:32 PM
    I tried both. I know the ebay app in BB World is also a port but I feel it performed better than the latest android apk in regards to notifications. I found that with the version in the android store, I was not receiving notifications (e.g. Item ending soon) on time. They came through much later than the version in BB world. I don't know if that is just my experience.
    04-13-14 05:15 PM