05-02-15 07:29 AM
127 ... 3456
tools
    It sometimes happens to be and the fix is easy no need to perform security wipe or uninstall BlackBerry link.

Easy fix...

1 Remove device from BlackBerry link

2 Sign out of BlackBerry link

3 Restart phone

Check if all the remote file access associated with your computer in BlackBerry file manager has been automatically removed.

Start fresh with BlackBerry link using USB cables connect your phone to your computer and sign in and start over.

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 07:37 PM
    Try but remote computers is still here, any other soution?
    03-08-15 07:51 PM
    Try but remote computers is still here, any other soution?
    As far as I know signing out of link on your computer removes your PC from your device remote file share in file manager.

Have you signed in anywhere else? Or do you have another PC or external HDD connected to your PC?

03-08-15 07:59 PM
    No, im signed only to one computer and theres no external HDD or some like that. Only disappear online computer, offline is still there. now showing like (cloud) but is still there, try dissalow connections, restart but no success.
    03-08-15 08:05 PM
    It sometimes happens to be and the fix is easy no need to perform security wipe or uninstall BlackBerry link.

Easy fix...

1 Remove device from BlackBerry link

2 Sign out of BlackBerry link

3 Restart phone

Check if all the remote file access associated with your computer in BlackBerry file manager has been automatically removed.

Start fresh with BlackBerry link using USB cables connect your phone to your computer and sign in and start over.

Have tried that already a half a year ago. No dice.
    03-08-15 08:57 PM
    This looks like a X Files...There's no way out.
    Again do security wipe, install BB Link without remote file access. There's no problem in the phone or BB Link, problem is in BB remote file server. There stored info for each login, pc and transfer..and it is far away from our range.
    This is definitely a bug.
    Last edited by tasicss; 03-08-15 at 10:26 PM.
    03-08-15 09:45 PM
    It is a bug, there is no physical way that I have seen that the duplicates don't come back after a 'while' or after a simple restart.

(I haven't posted in a while now haven't i...)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:59 AM
    There is some irony here don't you think
    Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_20150309_184907.png

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    03-09-15 08:49 PM
    For me, I keep getting these two miscellaneous "Desktop-xxxx" PCs being added to my Device Connections on a regular basis. I'm able to delete one of them, but the other fails to delete for some reason. Either way, the one I delete seems to come back for no real reason.

I just updated my BBID password, so hopefully in a few days some of this is magically fixed. I'll keep an eye on it.
    03-11-15 08:53 AM
    For me, I keep getting these two miscellaneous "Desktop-xxxx" PCs being added to my Device Connections on a regular basis. I'm able to delete one of them, but the other fails to delete for some reason. Either way, the one I delete seems to come back for no real reason.

I just updated my BBID password, so hopefully in a few days some of this is magically fixed. I'll keep an eye on it.
    Updating the password did not work for me. I'd be surprised if it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:19 AM
    23 and growing...
    This is clogging up my File Manager.

Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_20150315_143055.png

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    03-15-15 09:32 AM
    With 23 you are leading
    03-15-15 02:05 PM
    Changing password didn't work for me. I still have one duplicate of my PC, and also one other PC that is there twice, but I don't know what it is (don't recognize the name -- Desktop D481). No idea where it came from.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:00 PM
    Ok. Managed to get rid of ghost entries. Unfortunately can't exactly nail down what changes is responsible for fixing this stuff as I was messing around with settings a lot last night.
    I'll try to order it starting from what I think mattered the most to something that probably didn't make a difference, but I recommend trying all of them just in case.

Baseline:
    BlackBerry Link and blend uninstalled, PC reboot twice and then install Blend only.

1. Change your BlackBerry ID username and screen name . Wait for email and confirm it.

2. Go into settings, device connections and enable connections, enable use mobile data, delete all paired computers and tablets.

3. Go into settings , media sharing, disable all 3 music, pics and video. Go into devices and back and into devices again (yes go in and back out and in again to see all devices - a bug) at the bottom and remove all except your phone.
    Go back again and in device name, hit edit name to change your phone name.

4. Go into settings, storage and access. Enable access using Wifi. At the bottom you should already see your new device name. Hit identification on network and change your username there. Leave workgroup name as default (in my case it was simply workgroup).

5. Reboot the phone. You should see all ghost entries gone. If not give it couple of hours.

6. Now if you have installed Blend only you will have something like desktop-0152 folder in your file manager. Delete it. You should have no other folders visible now other than Device.

[EDIT]

7. Reinstall Link. If you had only Blend installed you will have to uninstall Blend first and then reinstall again but this time selecting both options to install Link an Blend together.

8. In Link add your PC as usual. It should come visible in file manager in your phone with no issues and as a one entry with no duplicates / ghost pc.

Now it might have helped that I loaded latest leak yesterday on my phone z10 ( non destructively, no wiping). However it wasn't gone yesterday post leak install.
    Only noticed it gone today after messing with BlackBerry ID and naming.

Hope that helps some of you too.
    Last edited by wojt7; 03-16-15 at 04:01 PM.
    zmsox likes this.
    03-16-15 09:45 AM
    The only reason why it worked for you is because you did not reinstall Link. Because of this, the PC is not connected to the BlackBerry server.
    The computers that are showing up on the phone are sent to the PC and then forwarded to the phone. Without Link, they won't reappear.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 10:11 AM
    Not sure what you mean. I've no PC showing up now under file manager and I had 3 before. One working and 2 ghost. Now they are all gone. Once I install link I will be happy to see one of them back. It should be one single entry, no duplicates, because these are gone. The thing all the people in this post are looking for.
    Besides since I deleted link, my 2 ghost entries were always there. They didn't go away with link uninstall. Nothing could remove them. They only disappeared after fiddling with BlackBerry ID and naming.
    03-16-15 10:38 AM
    The phone gets it's information from your home PC, which is connected to the BlackBerry server via Link program. If you reinstall Link on your PC, and log in, the working PC and most likely the ghost entries will show back up.
    But changing the ID might have done the trick.
    I tried it before and it didn't work on mine.
    Actually you're not getting a new ID by changing the email address, because the account is still registered with the same PIN that is tied with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:06 AM
    Changing the ID for me didn't do the trick before as well. It was only today when I did all the other things in conjunction with it.
    I suggest you try it again the way I did.
    I will install link later today but I'm pretty sure the problem is solved.

I understand your logic with connection between the phone, link and BlackBerry servers. However there must be something else going on since when the link was removed people were still not able to remove the ghost entries in their devices and getting "folder unavailable" errors.
    I removed link 2 weeks ago but ghost folder only disappeared today.
    03-16-15 12:04 PM
    Another update from me.
    I can confirm that post installing link again everything works as expected. No duplicate entries. Only one working PC in file manager.

I have updated my original post from above to say that reinstalling link did not screw my file manager settings at all.

Below screen capture shows no pc folders post deleting it with my procedure ( no menu option at the bottom to select anything other than device, all other pc removed)
    Another picture is after reinstalling link. One PC visible as it should be.
    Hope everybody can have same results. For me the issue is sorted.

Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_20150316_185953.png

Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_20150316_192629.png
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-16-15 03:47 PM
    Deleting all entries possible, clearing Blend and Link and then loading 10.3.1.2582 cleaned the duplicate entries. My phone is free of flaws again.
    03-16-15 07:35 PM
    I have been doing some testing and discovered why the same computer shows up with a "-#" of the same computer appended. It has to do with the IP, PC DHCP kicks to the BB every time you connect via USB. In my case I only turn on DHCP service when I connect to my BB to do backups. I have multiple counts of my PC with numeric iterations appended to the end for each time the the PC gives the BB a new local IP.

I'm going to contact BB to see if this is a bug and it can be resolved hopefully with a new software update or some sideload file hack.

cheers

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11488657

I'll be following this thread as well and provide any feedback I find. The issue here is the OSI handshake between the PC and BB. I'll dig some more and see what i find.
    03-21-15 05:08 AM
    I created a bug report, I suggest others put in their comments to get more attention to this problem.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-3014

cheers
    03-24-15 01:41 PM
    Somehow mine has fixed itself. All I did was change my BBID password (I didn't change my email), completely log out of Link on my PCs, delete whatever pairing I could on my phone, and then redo everything with the new BBID password. It took about a week or so, but it's all cleaned up... somehow.

Edit: I still have one phantom PC in my Device Connections list that I can't delete. It doesn't show up in File Manager though so I don't really care.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:50 PM
    Update for those following. RIM has confirmed the bug and the issue has been resolved in the newer beta OS. So either wait for your carrier to release the official 10.3.2.xxx or download a beta OS if you can't wait.

Cheers
    zmsox likes this.
    03-26-15 01:14 PM
    There is some irony here don't you think
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150309_184907.png 
Views:	354 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	340079

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    No way! Love this ****... LMAO
    04-10-15 08:33 AM