06-04-17 09:49 AM
183 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Why is that "you can't revert back to older os" a big deal if this OS really satisfy a user with them saying "this is best and buttery smooth OS so far", "updated calendar combining 10.2 and 10.3 feature", etc etc. Who would want to go back to old one if this build better than the rest?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-21-15 06:49 AM
    This is a beta release and was meant for beta testers only. Should have been careful guys this one was definitely not meant for everyone.

Posted via CB10 on the  Q10 with OS 10.3.2.304
    were beta testers told this about the blacklist?
    Were beta testers told that if they tried out this BETA software they could not go back to 10.3.1? I'd like to know that. Is it in their "agreement" somewhere??
    kbz1960, ttgapers and SmileDahling like this.
    04-21-15 06:51 AM
    Why is that "you can't revert back to older os" a big deal if this OS really satisfy a user with them saying "this is best and buttery smooth OS so far", "updated calendar combining 10.2 and 10.3 feature", etc etc. Who would want to go back to old one if this build better than the rest?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    I think everyone's experience is different. Maybe someone has issues with this OS that they would rather by-pass and go back to a "safer" zone? Jus sayin
    kbz1960, blackbird666 and jdesignz like this.
    04-21-15 06:52 AM
    Try going to blackberry site and do an OS update.

Hit check for update
    Plug phone into USB
    Immediately hold in top key until phone shuts down
    Select phone from list when it shows(do this fast)
    Reboot again if prompted
    Light should turn green while new OS is being downloaded and installed.

This fixes bricked/screwed up OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:52 AM

Hit check for update
    Plug phone into USB
    Reboot again if prompted

Posted via CB10
    Have you read any of the thread?
    04-21-15 08:15 AM

Hit check for update
    Plug phone into USB
    Reboot again if prompted

Posted via CB10
    No it does not
    04-21-15 08:47 AM
    I'm getting little confused here so I have a question.

I'm currently running 10.3.2.500 which I upgraded through Blitz from 10.3.1. I want to do security wipe now so I can start fresh and set everything up. Should I expect any problems with doing that? (except the BlackBerry ID check upon wipe, I'm aware of that)

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:14 AM
    I'm getting little confused here so I have a question.

I'm currently running 10.3.2.500 which I upgraded through Blitz from 10.3.1. I want to do security wipe now so I can start fresh and set everything up. Should I expect any problems with doing that? (except the BlackBerry ID check upon wipe, I'm aware of that)

Posted via CB10
    Good question, I was just wondering about that myself.
    04-21-15 09:19 AM
    There's no problem with a security wipe.

The issue that arises is that if you bork your device you cannot load a 10.3.1 autoloader to recover. If you're not in the beta program you also can't use Link to recover it. If you don't have a 10.3.2 autoloader.......

The conspiracy theorists are all over this but the fact is that with the BlackBerry Protect anti-theft feature additions they had to blacklist previous OSs without that feature or their anti-theft improvement (which I definitely appreciate) would be able to be trivially defeated.

But this does mean that for those not in the beta program you're taking a risk, at least until you have available a 10.3.2 autoloader for your device. That risk usually shows up and becomes realized when you start doing things like trying to combine radio and OS versions; there is a possibility of such an act leading to a phone that won't boot, and then if you don't have an autoloader you can use you're in trouble.
    kbz1960, bungaboy, KenV54 and 3 others like this.
    04-21-15 09:32 AM
    There's no problem with a security wipe.

The issue that arises is that if you bork your device you cannot load a 10.3.1 autoloader to recover. If you're not in the beta program you also can't use Link to recover it. If you don't have a 10.3.2 autoloader.......

The conspiracy theorists are all over this but the fact is that with the BlackBerry Protect anti-theft feature additions they had to blacklist previous OSs without that feature or their anti-theft improvement (which I definitely appreciate) would be able to be trivially defeated.

But this does mean that for those not in the beta program you're taking a risk, at least until you have available a 10.3.2 autoloader for your device. That risk usually shows up and becomes realized when you start doing things like trying to combine radio and OS versions; there is a possibility of such an act leading to a phone that won't boot, and then if you don't have an autoloader you can use you're in trouble.
    Those in the Beta program are NO diff. And as such link is useless to them as well to recover a phone. They have no recourse just like the rest.

But, there are autoloader's being made and done already for 10.3.2 and that will recover the bricked phone of course. But only to 10.3.2.

And yes of course u can turn off your protect and wipe your phone to start clean. That's not an issue at all. Even leave it on if you like, as long as u sign in with same BlackBerry ID

But after this. Don't expect to Sell your phone without it being ON a Beta OS. That is until 10.3.2 becomes official.

Using the bestest os in the world
    04-21-15 10:26 AM
    What if I will sell my phone with 10.3.2? Is it possible to wipe the phone and put a new BBID on it?

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-21-15 10:38 AM
    Maybe there is a reason for someone who is normally not active for putting up this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...304-a-1014044/

were beta testers told this about the blacklist?
    Were beta testers told that if they tried out this BETA software they could not go back to 10.3.1? I'd like to know that. Is it in their "agreement" somewhere??
    04-21-15 10:44 AM
    Yes. But you just have to have to enter your id one more time after
    A) the wipe and
    B) remove your phone from the devices page on the BlackBerry Protect website.

Then you should get the option to either use the same id or create or sign-in with a new one.
    This should work once the 10.3.2 is officially released.
    What if I will sell my phone with 10.3.2? Is it possible to wipe the phone and put a new BBID on it?

Posted via Q10Bold
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-21-15 10:50 AM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Yes, but it will still be on 10.3.2+ forever. But only if you turned off protect before you wiped, in which case you have an eternal brick.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-21-15 10:51 AM
    One way, it's very secured feature and other way, very risky. In case, facing any problem in the OS, no way one can go back.

Dr Prithvi Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    04-21-15 10:51 AM
    Yes, but it will still be on 10.3.2+ forever. But only if you turned off protect before you wiped, in which case you have an eternal brick.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    I hope when you go to wipe a huge screen comes up first warning you to turn protect off first or you'll have a brick.
    04-21-15 10:55 AM
    I hope when you go to wipe a huge screen comes up first warning you to turn protect off first or you'll have a brick.
    You can still log back in with the SAME BlackBerry ID. If you sold it first (which is the scenario I was responding to), then the buyer is screwed. Kinda the point though. That part has nothing to do with the OS blacklist bit, but everything to do with the new Protect feature.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-15 10:59 AM
    Yes. But you just have to have to enter your id one more time after
    A) the wipe and
    B) remove your phone from the devices page on the BlackBerry Protect website.

Then you should get the option to either use the same id or create or sign-in with a new one.
    This should work once the 10.3.2 is officially released.
    Thanks.

How many attempts do I have to enter the right password and/or my BBID?
    What happen if I put the wrong passwort/BBID too many times?
    04-21-15 11:19 AM
    I'm just curious what if you hook up the phone to BlackBerry Link and try doing a Reset to Factory?

That generally overrides any bugs and Fixes most things.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    04-21-15 11:30 AM
    I'm just curious what if you hook up the phone to BlackBerry Link and try doing a Reset to Factory?

That generally overrides any bugs and Fixes most things.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    The act of installing 10.3.2.500 sets irreversible flags on your device itself that prevents it from accepting any previous OS, ever again, regardless of the method or process.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-21-15 11:38 AM
    The act of installing 10.3.2.500 sets irreversible flags on your device itself that prevents it from accepting any previous OS, ever again, regardless of the method or process.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Exactly.

You can force the phone to load the files incidentally but when it starts up it checks the files against the blacklisted versions and refuses to boot.
    04-21-15 11:48 AM
    Just enjoy the OS......

White Passport SQW100-1
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    04-21-15 11:50 AM
    I value the ability to switch OSs much more than I value the new theft-deterrent feature. If someone steals my phone, whether or not they get any use out of it is irrelevant to me, so long as the remote security wipe is possible. This feature seems like a poor use of resources.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-21-15 04:00 PM
    Does the new Beta os released help with the blocked list? Just curious if that could/will overwrite it?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:06 PM
    I value the ability to switch OSs much more than I value the new theft-deterrent feature. If someone steals my phone, whether or not they get any use out of it is irrelevant to me, so long as the remote security wipe is possible. This feature seems like a poor use of resources.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! I dont understand the road BlackBerry is going right now....
    What if someone with a used Q10 and 10.3.2 will try out 10.2...:/ come on!

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-21-15 04:29 PM
183 ... 23456 ...