09-24-14 10:53 AM
39 12
tools
    Just another step taken by BlackBerry to dumb down the OS because of focus groups, and an attempt to get iOS and Android users who jump ship the smallest learning curve possible.
    Doubt you'll see any reverting back in 10.3.1 but here's hoping I'm wrong
    Exactly! Because 10.3 is already officially released in all its glory so it's fair to judge this feature being removed. Oh wait...
    bmoney1229 and spikesolie like this.
    09-20-14 05:55 AM
    I have had trouble with the camera in general not taking as crisp of pictures esp in lower lighting situations. I wonder if this is a 10.3.0.1154 difficulty due to some Passport command code.

I think the option to press anywhere on the screen is a good one. BlackBerry listened when they allowed toggling between dark and light background. So perhaps. . .

STA-100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-20-14 10:06 AM
    The volume buttons is there...but hey someone needed to moan

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-20-14 11:55 PM
    I'm hoping they do add the 'touch anywhere' functionality back into the camera. It's terrible having to touch the virtual button to take a snap.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:11 AM
    The 10.3 way totally kills the ability to face the back camera toward you and attempt to take a high quality selfie. Before you could just tap anywhere which is very easy to do when you can't see the screen. Now it's very difficult because you have to hit the button with the same hand holding the phone while aiming properly. They don't seem to understand how people actually use their devices. Enthusiastic and creative people finds all sorts of new ways to do things with products that weren't necessarily thought of by the inventors of said products. I also hate how they killed the search which had a nice automatically populated list of frequently and recently used apps. That said just give me an option and I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:29 AM
    I'm happy to finally be able to give my phone to someone to take a picture of me and not have to give them a tutorial on how to use the app.

It's better how it is now on 10.3

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    09-21-14 02:06 PM
    "Touch anywhere" is the "squircle" of BlackBerry 10 UI decisions. It doesn't matter if it's better or worse than the current implementation. People want it because it's unique to BlackBerry 10. That alone is not a very good reason to want it back lol

Posted via CB10
    Kaacz likes this.
    09-21-14 02:10 PM
    Just another step taken by BlackBerry to dumb down the OS because of focus groups, and an attempt to get iOS and Android users who jump ship the smallest learning curve possible.
    Doubt you'll see any reverting back in 10.3.1 but here's hoping I'm wrong
    Smart move. If you want adoption, it needs to be easy.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:12 PM
    Smart move. If you want adoption, it needs to be easy.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. When ever someone used my phone to take a picture, they would be confused which would give them a negative feeling about BlackBerry.

The way I see it, there are pros and cons (in terms of functionality) to both ways to take a picture. When there is no clear cut reason why one way is better than the other, then it is the smart move to go with whatever way will please any potential customers.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    09-21-14 08:12 PM
    I like it better now, as we know, phones have trouble focusing, and this way, I can control the focus better, and only take picture when it's the way I like, before I used to take a lot of unwanted pictures (most blurry) while trying to get the focus how I wanted.

Of course this is Personal opinions, but in mine, I like this way better
    Kaacz likes this.
    09-21-14 08:38 PM
    I like more how my phone is right now. Every time Android & iPhone users tell me "ummmm? How do I take the picture??" I love it when I say

touch "anywhere"

They do it and they are like wow... I like this

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    I've had very similar experiences. Bring back the tap!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:52 AM
    Unstable but that's okay. What a real spoiler is for me that you can't take a picture without touching the virtual button. I miss just the way you can touch everywhere on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the volume key? I use volume down key to take a picture.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-23-14 07:55 AM
    I don't like too...we have to click on the capture button to capture instead of screen....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:14 AM
    I agree. I like to be able to tap on the object I want to be in focus.
    09-24-14 10:53 AM
39 12