I am running OS10.1.0.2009 and it's just not as "snappy" as it was when I loaded it on my T-Mobile Z10. I'm wondering
    if a security wipe will allow it to be treated as a "clean install" or must I completely reload with the autoloader (I understand that I would have to redo all my apps and settings but that's not a big issue. Coming from Android, I have not familiar with any way for QNX to sort of wipe memory/traces of app installations/etc...

As an aside, the Z10 beats any android phone I've ever used - it's really slick.
    05-25-13 07:43 PM
    no it will reformat your phone into factory setting of its current version... i did that on my z10.. thats how i learned it..
    but there is a way..

make sure you have earlier version of bb link installer.. you're gonna need to uninstall the latest one and install the previous version..
    next, just connect your phone, on bb link, click on reload device software.. it will search for os, and find only 10.0 version of the software.. then you should be able to handle the rest..

the reason you need to use the earlier version of bb link is you can't press the reload device software on the latest version.. for i don't what the hell is the reason.. lol..
    05-25-13 07:52 PM
    I am running OS10.1.0.2009 and it's just not as "snappy" as it was when I loaded it on my T-Mobile Z10. I'm wondering
    if a security wipe will allow it to be treated as a "clean install" or must I completely reload with the autoloader (I understand that I would have to redo all my apps and settings but that's not a big issue. Coming from Android, I have not familiar with any way for QNX to sort of wipe memory/traces of app installations/etc...

As an aside, the Z10 beats any android phone I've ever used - it's really slick.
    It's really great that you're enjoying your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

If you're experiencing oddities with your device with your recently loaded leak, try the following:
    1. Restart the device (properly, not battery pull).
    2. Wait for at least 24 hours after loading the leaked OS for everything to "settle" as other posters noted this might make a meaningful difference.
    3. Perform a Security Wipe (do backup any data you want to keep as a Security Wipe will erase everything but the OS and preloaded apps on your device).

I would suggest loading the 2342 leak though. It might be a better fit for Z10 devices other than STL100-4 (and of course STL100-1).
    05-25-13 07:54 PM
    It's really great that you're enjoying your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. I will wait as you suggest but if I decide on 2342 then I do security wipe followed by install 2342 using autoloader? And I assume the Z10 should remain connected to the PC during the process.
    And thanks to each of you for the quick reply
    If you're experiencing oddities with your device with your recently loaded leak, try the following:
    1. Restart the device (properly, not battery pull).
    2. Wait for at least 24 hours after loading the leaked OS for everything to "settle" as other posters noted this might make a meaningful difference.
    3. Perform a Security Wipe (do backup any data you want to keep as a Security Wipe will erase everything but the OS and preloaded apps on your device).

I would suggest loading the 2342 leak though. It might be a better fit for Z10 devices other than STL100-4 (and of course STL100-1).
    05-25-13 08:00 PM
    I will wait as you suggest but if I decide on 2342 then I do security wipe followed by install 2342 using autoloader? And I assume the Z10 should remain connected to the PC during the process.

And thanks to each of you for the quick reply
    I would just go ahead and move up to 2342. If you do so, it's been suggested that you load the leak through the autoloader and then perform a Security Wipe. Your BlackBerry 10 device must be connected during the autoloader's process (until the autoloader window closes on its own). You do not need to have it connected during a Security Wipe but make sure you don't run out of power. You may want to keep your device connected to a charger.
    05-25-13 08:08 PM
    hello, i have a question...can a higher version downgrade to a lower version leak? still using autoloader?? thanks if ever my question is answered.
    01-03-14 09:34 AM
    hello, i have a question...can a higher version downgrade to a lower version leak? still using autoloader?? thanks if ever my question is answered.
    Yes, it can be installed a lower version of OS. But restore data could ruin it all

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:40 AM