Will we now get a new leaked hybrid or something with headless apps etc included? Cuz if we do that would be ******* awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:20 AM
    No it does not, and again headless apps don't matter if a dev can't develop for them

Posted via my Q10
    08-13-13 10:24 AM
    The new dev build to go with the sdk has been leaked

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=838772

But be warned. THIS A DEV BUILD ONLY it is not to be used for your primary device. I'm sure some savvy member with get a workable hybrid going in the next few days though.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:26 AM
    No it does not, and again headless apps don't matter if a dev can't develop for them

Posted via my Q10

That's right.

As I understand it, the OS can already have headless apps. It's just that most developers had no way to write it into those apps. Now they can with the new SDK.

I think a lot of people don't realize that the SDK is not an OS itself. It's a developers kit to help them write apps to take advantage of the capabilities of the OS. This new one now includes the APIs, or hooks, to go headless. Something that wasn't there before in previous SDKs - except for, I believe, a select few developers early on.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 12:10 PM
    That's right.

As I understand it, the OS can already have headless apps. It's just that most developers had no way to write it into those apps. Now they can with the new SDK.

I think a lot of people don't realize that the SDK is not an OS itself. It's a developers kit to help them write apps to take advantage of the capabilities of the OS. This new one now includes the APIs, or hooks, to go headless. Something that wasn't there before in previous SDKs - except for, I believe, a select few developers early on.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, and even now not 100% of devs will have access to headless, as BlackBerry is going to control who has that ability, as not to have apps running rampant.
    08-13-13 01:08 PM
    Exactly, and even now not 100% of devs will have access to headless, as BlackBerry is going to control who has that ability, as not to have apps running rampant.
    I'm actually quite happy with this. Else a lot of battery apps will crop up with poor battery drain due to inefficient code and BlackBerry will incorrectly face flak for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:13 PM
    Hopefully BeBuzz will be one of those apps which the devs are 'allowed' to update for headless?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:22 PM
    Hopefully BeBuzz will be one of those apps which the devs are 'allowed' to update for headless?

Posted via CB10

my thoughts exactly
    08-14-13 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Colour ID has been updated, so BeBuzz should follow suit.
    08-14-13 08:38 PM
    So if I install the 10.2 leak along with color ID, I'll get headless support for led customisation?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:47 AM
    Will we now get a new leaked hybrid or something with headless apps etc included? Cuz if we do that would be ******* awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Enough of the leak already. Why cant they just finish the darn thing and officially release it?
    08-15-13 03:52 AM
    Enough of the leak already. Why cant they just finish the darn thing and officially release it?
    Because they're having a hard time deciding which loading animation to use. Thorsten needs to make sure Samsung likes it

Sent from my Z30/3
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    08-15-13 06:06 AM
    Software is not like frying eggs... it's like baking an egg pie; you need ingredients, proper procedure and lots of trial end error. You don't just dump an egg and hope it will turn out well. It needs to be acceptable or else the customer (or you) will suffer it's wrath of taste XD.
    08-15-13 09:59 AM
    Software is not like frying eggs... it's like baking an egg pie; you need ingredients, proper procedure and lots of trial end error. You don't just dump an egg and hope it will turn out well. It needs to be acceptable or else the customer (or you) will suffer it's wrath of taste XD.
    I do programming, so I am aware of this.. But thanks never the less for the insight. :-)
    08-15-13 10:09 AM
    I do programming, so I am aware of this.. But thanks never the less for the insight. :-)
    Ditto, at least we understand their Dev's pain and all that (or the QA dept. demanding more =)))

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 10:12 AM
    Because they're having a hard time deciding which loading animation to use. Thorsten needs to make sure Samsung likes it

Sent from my Z30/3
    Ditto, at least we understand their Dev's pain and all that (or the QA dept. demanding more =)))

Posted via CB10
    Indeed... Nonetheless, it begs the question / rational as to why after 10.2 a leak for a newer 10.1 was released, which saw (ofcourse) substandard features to that of 10.2!
    08-15-13 10:15 AM
    Indeed... Nonetheless, it begs the question / rational as to why after 10.2 a leak for a newer 10.1 was released, which saw (ofcourse) substandard features to that of 10.2!
    Because your carrier might not release 10.2 until December and you might be happy to get bug fixes until then.

Sent from my Z30/3
    08-15-13 12:26 PM