I cannot seem to restore from BlackBerry protect?

PIN: 24E33C29
    11-18-13 06:38 AM
    Don't think it does in bb10.

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side..., but the Carbonate case is Killer!
    11-18-13 06:40 AM
    If you had an older BBOS device that you were doing protect backups with, OS10 will allow a one time restore from one of these old backups.

All this is also carrier and regional specific, as some regions may not have access to Protect.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:21 AM
    BlackBerry Protect is my lifeline. Without it I'm doomed. What do you use with the newer Blackberries?
    11-18-13 07:36 AM
    I use
    - Evernote for all my notes, that is backed up to the cloud
    - I use box (50gb) for my photos and videos. It is set to automatically backup every time I take a photo or video
    - my calendar, contacts and email are through Hotmail, which is now outlook, so they are all synced automatically

So, for me, there is really nothing to back up

When I change phones or try new leaks, I get all my apps back from BlackBerry World under the my world menu

As far as ring tones and those other minor settings, like vibrate, wallpaper etc, unfortunately, those things I need to restore manually.

Also, any of my online links to websites that I keep on my homescreen I have to reinstall,
    But I have since emailed a list of all those links to myself so, it is much easier to reinstall, especially since some of them are my networked ones and I don't always know the ports off hand

So, basically, it isn't too bad

All of my important stuff is backed up to the cloud and the other details I manually do, or if I ever used link, I might be able to do a device swap via link.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:52 AM
    BlackBerry Protect is my lifeline. Without it I'm doomed. What do you use with the newer Blackberries?
    I had the same problem and I think that there was a survey in beta zone and I really hope that BlackBerry will bring this feature back.

If you have twitter or bbm channels - contact Michael Clewely he's the man in charge!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:00 AM
    Try fire chest backup, it works great, doesn't do quite as much as protect but is something.

It throws encrypted backup files to your Dropbox

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37188889

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    FireChestApps likes this.
    11-18-13 08:09 AM
    The loss of the BB Protect backup/restore function is a sore point for many of us (me included). The return to it's former glory has been strongly requested in the BetaZone and other locations. Hope to see it back, soon.
    Mic_JP and toobs623 like this.
    11-18-13 09:41 AM
    BlackBerry is not listening

11-18-13 10:00 PM
    BlackBerry is not listening

I believe differently. Some "missing" features from BB OS that we users have complained about are (slowly) coming back. What comes to mind immediately is the "delete on handheld" that showed up in the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic...
    toobs623 and Sarek1701 like this.
    11-18-13 10:22 PM
    I believe differently. Some "missing" features from BB OS that we users have complained about are (slowly) coming back. What comes to mind immediately is the "delete on handheld" that showed up in the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic...
    The "missing" features are coming in floods now.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-18-13 10:25 PM
    - I use box (50gb) for my photos and videos. It is set to automatically backup every time I take a photo or video

Posted via CB10
    I just tried this out but it seems like the phone still saves a copy on my phone/media card. This sounds potentially troublesome if I want to delete photos (I will have to delete on box and my phone/media card). Is there a method to only have it save to box?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:01 PM
    Yeah, I think if you want all traces of the photo to be gone, you would have to delete in both box and from your media card.

For that is good, so i can clear my an card in the phone, knowing that the photos are still safely backup up on my desktop and in the cloud

But I think if there were photos that I took that maybe I regret, I can see this being a bit of a problem to deal with quickly

In don't know if there is any option to allow to save to box only and therefore not fill up your memory card

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:03 PM
    When your phone is backed up in BlackBerry 10, it backs EVERYTHING up. All of your data, apps, saved games, everything. Because of this, BlackBerry Protect cannot back your phone up remotely because even if every user had 2GB of data backed up (I suspect the average is a fair bit more) it would be waaaaay more than the BlackBerry Protect servers could handle.

I'm not sure if there will be anything that will ever come to allow remote backup (perhaps they can figure out a way for Protect to do a "basic" backup that only backs up your messages and other more basic functions that don't use a lot of space), but as it stands, unfortunately, Protect simply isn't equipped to handle remote back-ups in BlackBerry 10.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    11-19-13 09:11 PM

But I think if there were photos that I took that maybe I regret, I can see this being a bit of a problem to deal with quickly

In don't know if there is any option to allow to save to box only and therefore not fill up your memory card

Posted via CB10
    I hope this option will be made available to dropbox!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:58 PM