05-22-15 08:58 PM
43 12
tools
    That being said, do you have any reason to think that the security wipe process is inherently flawed, and may in fact accidentally overwrite part of the OS and introduce problems?

I don't believe I have ever seen it, but I was wondering if it is a reasonable possibility.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    No.
    moody, anon(9208252) and conite like this.
    01-18-15 04:14 PM
    Coukd be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wipes personal data while leaving the OS intact. Not wipes and the loads the OS again internally.

I use a simple bat file script to run cfp, courtesy wu-wei.
    One day I observed the security wipe in progress after BlackBerry added the progress meter - first it does a backup, then wipes, then reinstalls the default OS/apps. I'd be more correct saying that's what it does now as opposed to a blanket statement "it's always been this way" when we couldn't see what what was going on.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-15 04:15 PM
    Sic wipe has no more benefit over cfp nuke -a except wasting more time. (a lot more time) with needless recipes of n already empty partition.

SIC wipe benefits those users who are brainwashed 100% of the time.
    CFP nuke -a benefits all users

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) '
    GPuba likes this.
    01-18-15 07:35 PM
    I see no sense in it unless your phone is toast. All it's going to do is lessen the life of the flash drive. Minimal but still does.
    01-18-15 08:13 PM
    I was here to see if it could sought out my issue of having scratchy feeling on my phone while scrolling/swiping. It is quite less than before but yes it is still there which annoys me. I know its a damn leak but no one is having the same issue I guess.
    I think everything is messed up right now as I don't get which thing works better. I will run a cpf nukeif the problem exists. Meanwhile someone can close the thread cuz it is getting messier I guess.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    01-18-15 08:24 PM
    Here's a thread with the file and "kinda" an explanation.

Basically, if your phone is royally jacked, and you want to make sure nothing is left behind when loading a new OS, or you can't even get the phone to connect and install an OS, cfp will wipe the partition containing OS, apps and personal data, leaving it in a blank state.

Autoloader does wipe, but not necessarily everything, which is why some came up with the idea to do a security wipe after. Good thought, but theory and reality don't always mesh well. SIC is cfp packaged for ease of use, but doesn't always wipe everything it should, and the 5 overwrites and wipes is overkill imo. Cfp does what it should all by itself, very effectively every time.

BTW - The only reason I recommended it, is because once your phone is messed up from a security wipe, it's typically the only way to get it right again.

Head over to this link and see what my problem is. Watch it carefuly to ge what I am seeing please.

01-18-15 09:59 PM
    Since no one cares enough to reply, I'll tell you why
    You're flicking through it too fast!
    It's not a lag. There is a transition animation. You gotta let it finish.
    You're essentially stopping the animation before completion, and trying to execute the next command
    Imagine that you're bouncing a basketball, and I'm slapping the ball left and right. Do you think you can control the basketball?
    I don't think so. Same reasoning

***Warning for people who say SIC wipe is useless. Beware, I got an infraction on CB for saying that it made no sense. Some mod said I was taking the discussion off topic ROFL. Refused to apologize either......
    01-22-15 10:21 AM

***Warning for people who say SIC wipe is useless. Beware, I got an infraction on CB for saying that it made no sense. Some mod said I was taking the discussion off topic ROFL. Refused to apologize either......
    I've posted the contents of their batch files for anyone curious enough to decide for themselves whether it has any technical benefit. And though I did receive a warning for getting lippy in one of those threads, my posts of their batch files were not deleted. Anyone can read them and see what the batch file does. I believe that's the best course of action for anyone who has a question about whether to use it.
    anon(9208252) and Mr_White like this.
    01-22-15 11:08 AM
    Since no one cares enough to reply, I'll tell you why
    You're flicking through it too fast!
    It's not a lag. There is a transition animation. You gotta let it finish.
    You're essentially stopping the animation before completion, and trying to execute the next command
    Imagine that you're bouncing a basketball, and I'm slapping the ball left and right. Do you think you can control the basketball?
    I don't think so. Same reasoning

You are absolutely wrong here. I always use the phone in that manner but it only happens few times and works fine after that. For your general knowlegde it happens mainly when there are any active frames open. Otherwise it goes well.

01-22-15 08:27 PM
    People/sheeps problem (mainly Windows users) is:
    run anything even though I have no idea what it does ..maybe help it ..
    01-23-15 06:09 AM
    In my case, SIC multiwipe showed real difference compared to security wipe. As a STL100-1 user, I've had problems with battery readings for over an year. I've loaded numerous OSes, did security wipe every time and didn't restore my phone, but problem persisted. I've contacted Michael Clewley (@MichaelClewley) via twitter two times, and he sad how he is informed that battery problems for STL100-1 are fixed in 10.2.1.2XXX builds, but I was still having problems even on 10.2.1.3XXX. Only recently when I did SIC multiwipe and reloaded 10.2.1.3XXX OS, my battery meter started with normal readings. Also, I've had another bug- before SIC wipe, I couldn't charge my phone while it's off. It would always go on on charger connection.
    ifraser likes this.
    01-23-15 06:20 AM
    Here is a valid data point:

Autoloader flash - App world requires updates to be downloaded
    Security wipe - App world does NOT require updates to be downloaded
    Autoloader flash 2 - App world requires updates to be downloaded

This is proof that a security wipe does not "wipe" all that much in terms of the OS if it is leaving behind the updated applications that an autoloader does not.

So, I am now in the camp of autoloader only, or nuke then autoloader.
    05-10-15 12:01 AM
    Only used Autoloader... never used SIC or nuke..
    Used Security wipe from OS once while I was on 10.1 OS.... a very long time ago!

Posted via my  z30/2744
    05-10-15 02:11 AM
    Here is a valid data point:

Autoloader flash - App world requires updates to be downloaded
    Security wipe - App world does NOT require updates to be downloaded
    Autoloader flash 2 - App world requires updates to be downloaded

This is proof that a security wipe does not "wipe" all that much in terms of the OS if it is leaving behind the updated applications that an autoloader does not.

So, I am now in the camp of autoloader only, or nuke then autoloader.
    This happens because the security wipe process will save the updated verisons of system bundled apps from BlackBerry World and reinstall them during the process and is by design. When you use an autoloader, it overwrites all of the data on the device (OS, apps, radio, user file system) and you start from an essentially fresh state.
    05-10-15 02:50 AM
    I never used SIC in my life. Just straight up run autoloaders and wipe that way. I've never ran into issues and I really don't understand the obsessive need to run SIC lol. Seems to be an unnecc. process for the sake of it.
    You never used it? great! then why do you have have to comment on it? I thought you have a high rank here in this website.

And I didn't even charge you for it.
    What's your problem then?

Sic wipe has no more benefit over cfp nuke -a except wasting more time. (a lot more time) with needless recipes of n already empty partition.

SIC wipe benefits those users who are brainwashed 100% of the time.
    CFP nuke -a benefits all users

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) '
    A lot more time? have you tried it? elaborate "a lot" here please... thanks

I've posted the contents of their batch files for anyone curious enough to decide for themselves whether it has any technical benefit. And though I did receive a warning for getting lippy in one of those threads, my posts of their batch files were not deleted. Anyone can read them and see what the batch file does. I believe that's the best course of action for anyone who has a question about whether to use it.
    So you proud of it? have you learn about etiquette? Here is my input, make a new thread and ask if anybody paid for our effort nor if they bricked their devices by this tool

Closing:
    We just try to support Blackberry users and please stop with this effort as if we are trying to make any religion for SIC wiping devices nor asking money.

To OP I'm sorry, I need to respond to some of unrelated comments on your issue.. - Thank you
    Eka Rama and Sator like this.
    05-22-15 05:11 PM
    You never used it? great! then why do you have have to comment on it? I thought you have a high rank here in this website.
    Because OP asked for opinions. Derp. I never used it because I find it unnecessary, which was part of the OP's question. Are you REALLY sure you want to play your stupid game with me? Because I have no issue with SIC wiping your whole account and you can take your argumentative nonsense elsewhere. Some people are going to like your app... some people are not going to like your app. Grow up and get over it.
    tryfe, Mecca EL, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    05-22-15 08:34 PM
    Really still arguing over this, it's like everything some people will like it and use it, and there will always be skeptics , no matter who's right or not,
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-22-15 08:35 PM
    Move along

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.680
    05-22-15 08:58 PM
43 12