05-22-15 09:58 PM
43 12
tools
    I want this thread to be clean and non confusing. So I request you all to tell me if this work or not. Or is there any risk using of using this tool??

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    01-17-15 10:51 AM
    The tool itself basically wipes your device a few times. I mean if you really wanted to feel secure you could nuke it with cfp.
    Depends why you want to wipe it. If you are installing a new OS, then just use an autoloader, don't bother with either wipes, because in some cases it even causes problems later on!
    kbz1960 and GPuba like this.
    01-17-15 11:01 AM
    What about if you just want to freshen up your device for an OTA os, or just the same OS but fresh

Check Out TechCraze
    01-17-15 11:04 AM
    Wipe or autoloader will both suffice with equal efficiency
    Both theoretically overwrite and delete everything anyways
    I personally use autoloader because it's much faster, since wipe takes hours
    GPuba likes this.
    01-17-15 11:06 AM
    What about if you just want to freshen up your device for an OTA os, or just the same OS but fresh

Check Out TechCraze
    I used autoloader for the leaks.....i used security wipe after using autoloader.....but there are few glitches while swiping and scrolling...and games too lags in it...so just wanted to know if it could help about this.

01-17-15 11:20 AM
    I used autoloader for the leaks.....i used security wipe after using autoloader.....but there are few glitches while swiping and scrolling...and games too lags in it...so just wanted to know if it could help about this.

There is really no need to wipe after autoloader. That can cause problems, but I don't know if it's the cause of your current problems. What leak are you currently on? Keep in mind some games are poorly written so they lag even on newer devices like the passport
    If you insist on wiping, wipe before you use autoloader
    Seems odd that scrolling lags too, so again, I wonder what OS you're currently on. I wonder if that may be the problem. Some OS's have a tendency to lag, though it shouldn't be severe though
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-17-15 11:25 AM
    There is really no need to wipe after autoloader. That can cause problems, but I don't know if it's the cause of your current problems. What leak are you currently on? Keep in mind some games are poorly written so they lag even on newer devices like the passport
    If you insist on wiping, wipe before you use autoloader
    Seems odd that scrolling lags too, so again, I wonder what OS you're currently on. I wonder if that may be the problem. Some OS's have a tendency to lag, though it shouldn't be severe though
    I am currenrly on 10.3.1.2072. Games like fifa 15 and modern combat 5 lags for me which were working fine on other phones with low specs....gkitches were there on. 1154 too.

01-17-15 11:29 AM
    I am currenrly on 10.3.1.2072. Games like fifa 15 and modern combat 5 lags for me which were working fine on other phones with low specs....gkitches were there on. 1154 too.

Mate, you're trying to run an android game on the runtime. Any cpu/memory intensive android games and programs will lag too!
    No matter what you do, it won't fix anything.
    Fix: Play native games.
    kbz1960 and ifraser like this.
    01-17-15 11:37 AM
    Mate, you're trying to run an android game on the runtime. Any cpu/memory intensive android games and programs will lag too!
    No matter what you do, it won't fix anything.
    Fix: Play native games.
    But it was working fine on. 1154 too

01-18-15 12:24 AM
    I personally couldn't recommend either, but since you already have issues that could be do to the security wipe, I'd suggest a cfp nuke and re-installation of 2072. What compelled you to do a security wipe after installing an OS?
    moody likes this.
    01-18-15 12:54 AM
    I’m using SIC Multiwipe because my STL-100-1 is lags when I’m trying to do security wipe. If you don’t have such issues, don’t use it.
    01-18-15 01:07 AM

Do not do a security wipe after an autoloader. It has been known to cause issues in the past.
    The function of the "security wipe" is to delete YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
    Since a fresh autoload of an os has NONE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, it is in NO WAY necessary to do a security wipe immediately after the load.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    BigBadWulf and jaydee5799 like this.
    01-18-15 01:35 AM
    I personally couldn't recommend either, but since you already have issues that could be do to the security wipe, I'd suggest a cfp nuke and re-installation of 2072. What compelled you to do a security wipe after installing an OS?
    Answer (his): More must be better...lol

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 01:37 AM
    I am new to all this. Some guy in the download links forum told me to do a security wipe after the autoloader. And I don't know what the hell is cpf nuke? Sorry for that. I ran the autoloader again without security wipe. Seeing few glitches still, but I will let it settle down and update if the problem still exists for me.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-15 03:58 AM
    I am new to all this. Some guy in the download links forum told me to do a security wipe after the autoloader. And I don't know what the hell is cpf nuke? Sorry for that. I ran the autoloader again without security wipe. Seeing few glitches still, but I will let it settle down and update if the problem still exists for me.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully it with settle in and smooth out.

For future reference, you see a lot who recommend a wipe of one sort or another, with no issue present or as a solution to a minor issue, before any diagnostic research to resolve is done. Others who with any minor glitch will immediately suggest a fresh OS install. I'd ignore those folks, unless they've done due diligence to ask questions, and try to fix what's broke by other means first.
    diegonei and Zeridialous like this.
    01-18-15 07:41 AM
    Hopefully it with settle in and smooth out.

For future reference, you see a lot who recommend a wipe of one sort or another, with no issue present or as a solution to a minor issue, before any diagnostic research to resolve is done. Others who with any minor glitch will immediately suggest a fresh OS install. I'd ignore those folks, unless they've done due diligence to ask questions, and try to fix what's broke by other means first.
    Okk i'll keep that in mind.
    Meanwhile tell me about that cpf nuke...it may come handy some time. How to do it and what it is for?

01-18-15 10:44 AM
    Meanwhile tell me about that cpf nuke...it may come handy some time. How to do it and what it is for?

Here's a thread with the file and "kinda" an explanation.

Basically, if your phone is royally jacked, and you want to make sure nothing is left behind when loading a new OS, or you can't even get the phone to connect and install an OS, cfp will wipe the partition containing OS, apps and personal data, leaving it in a blank state.

Autoloader does wipe, but not necessarily everything, which is why some came up with the idea to do a security wipe after. Good thought, but theory and reality don't always mesh well. SIC is cfp packaged for ease of use, but doesn't always wipe everything it should, and the 5 overwrites and wipes is overkill imo. Cfp does what it should all by itself, very effectively every time.

BTW - The only reason I recommended it, is because once your phone is messed up from a security wipe, it's typically the only way to get it right again.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-15 03:42 PM
    @BigBadWolf:

I don't necessarily share your pessimism regarding security wipes. You are essentially suggesting that BlackBerry has botched this legitimate and official means of bringing the device back to factory state. I don't discount the possibility of something going wrong in a vanishingly small number of cases, but for the vast majority, I believe the wipe operates as designed.

Now, the second part of the discussion is whether or not it actually provides any benefit before or after running an autoloader. As I explained on another thread, I think that's basically theology. I typically do one after an autoloader, but that was always my method, and it has never failed me. The only stat I can put forward is that on the roughly 20 devices I manage, I have done about 10 (on average) security wipes on each after running autoloaders. That's 200 out of 200 security wipes without any issues that I could attach to the procedure.

As far as SIC multiwipes - I think they are nuts. I'd get the point of a simple nuke if the phone is totally in the toilet.

Just my 2 cents.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-15 04:05 PM

The difference between cfp nuke and a security wipe is while they both scour the device clean of personal data, the security wipe reinstalls the base OS.

I took the cfp executable file (cfp57.exe) and renamed it to cfp.exe, then dropped it in C:\Windows\System32. Now whenever I feel like using it, I can just plug in my device, hold the Windows key plus R and type cfp.exe nuke -a in the run field.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:08 PM
    @BigBadWolf:

I don't necessarily share your pessimism regarding security wipes. You are essentially suggesting that BlackBerry has botched this legitimate and official means of bringing the device back to factory state. I don't discount the possibility of something going wrong in a vanishingly small number of cases, but for the vast majority, I believe the wipe operates as designed.

Now, the second part of the discussion is whether or not it actually provides any benefit before or after running an autoloader. As I explained on another thread, I think that's basically theology. I typically do one after an autoloader, but that was always my method, and it has never failed me. The only stat I can put forward is that on the roughly 20 devices I manage, I have done about 10 (on average) security wipes on each after running autoloaders. That's 200 out of 200 security wipes without any issues that I could attach to the procedure.

As far as SIC multiwipes - I think they are nuts. I'd get the point of a simple nuke if the phone is totally in the toilet.

Just my 2 cents.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Our personal experience varies greatly. The past 3 security wipes performed on 3 different phones resulted in a boot freeze at 99-100%. Prior attempts caused various issues with network connections, app function etc. Didn't document those issues, and it's been too long ago to remember the details. Imho if you feel better wiping, then cfp is definitive and quick. Security wipe is a sloth with potential side effects.
    01-18-15 04:30 PM
    The difference between cfp nuke and a security wipe is while they both scour the device clean of personal data, the security wipe reinstalls the base OS.

I took the cfp executable file (cfp57.exe) and renamed it to cfp.exe, then dropped it in C:\Windows\System32. Now whenever I feel like using it, I can just plug in my device, hold the Windows key plus R and type cfp.exe nuke -a in the run field.

Posted via CB10
    Coukd be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wipes personal data while leaving the OS intact. Not wipes and the loads the OS again internally.

I use a simple bat file script to run cfp, courtesy wu-wei.
    Mecca EL and anon(9208252) like this.
    01-18-15 04:33 PM
    And I didn't even charge you for it.
    01-18-15 04:53 PM
    I never used SIC in my life. Just straight up run autoloaders and wipe that way. I've never ran into issues and I really don't understand the obsessive need to run SIC lol. Seems to be an unnecc. process for the sake of it.
    01-18-15 04:55 PM
    Well security wipe is for people who are worried about their flash chip being examined forensically. It writes 0s over the data which is totally unnecessary for the average user and doesn't make it any 'cleaner' in terms of running the OS.

Nuke kills everything and even that is unnecessary.
    01-18-15 04:58 PM
    Well security wipe is for people who are worried about their flash chip being examined forensically. It writes 0s over the data which is totally unnecessary for the average user and doesn't make it any 'cleaner' in terms of running the OS.

Nuke kills everything and even that is unnecessary.
    That being said, do you have any reason to think that the security wipe process is inherently flawed, and may in fact accidentally overwrite part of the OS and introduce problems?

I don't believe I have ever seen it, but I was wondering if it is a reasonable possibility.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-18-15 05:06 PM
43 12