08-19-13 06:07 AM
34 12
tools
    Hi Gion, i have the same situation with you, My STL-1 was died couple weeks ago and tried many solution to reload the OS but no succeed.
    Today i brought it to the service center to claim the warranty, the technician tried some of the methods they know but cannot solve the problem. They asked me to come back again while they investigate the problem.
    From my opinion, a part of chip memory has damaged or miss address so when the update tools try to write the data on it, the address cannot be found and it generate an error.
    If you take a look BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US, it said that the problem caused by system file error which cause unaddressed memory.
    I will try to update to you once my STL-1 fixed by the technician.
    Gion Bruins likes this.
    08-14-13 11:14 AM
    Hi Gion, i have the same situation with you, My STL-1 was died couple weeks ago and tried many solution to reload the OS but no succeed.
    Today i brought it to the service center to claim the warranty, the technician tried some of the methods they know but cannot solve the problem. They asked me to come back again while they investigate the problem.
    From my opinion, a part of chip memory has damaged or miss address so when the update tools try to write the data on it, the address cannot be found and it generate an error.
    If you take a look BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US, it said that the problem caused by system file error which cause unaddressed memory.
    I will try to update to you once my STL-1 fixed by the technician.
    Thanks TB146,

Obviously I'm not glad you are having the issue, but I am happy that I'm not the only one.

Eventhough the SLT-1 has different specs I would dare to assume this issue isn't limited to which type of Device you have. Basically if I understood your post correctly somehow the flash memory has been corrupted and doesn't allow writing on a particular area therefor the whole systems corrupted?! This corresponds with my own feeling on this.
    I recall and issue with a USB flash which was diconnected from a computer whilst information was being written to it, made the flash drive inaccesible and obviously useless.
    08-14-13 11:22 AM
    Sucks man. Sorry hey I would be trying anything possible to get it back. What happens when you connect to link and try a restore nothing. Cause if you could revert then you could do the 1047 later and stay away from Skype.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    08-14-13 11:28 AM
    Sucks man. Sorry hey I would be trying anything possible to get it back. What happens when you connect to link and try a restore nothing. Cause if you could revert then you could do the 1047 later and stay away from Skype.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    I've been at it for about 15 hours straight, with all the different solutions, suggestions, forum post, chats, you name it
    I have nothing left to try except for maybe use a strong electromagnet clear any corruption from my device. (+ probable distroying it in the process)

I'm not the type of person to admit being defeated but this time I'm throwing the towel
    BaBy Z10 vs ME = 1 - 0
    08-14-13 11:39 AM
    I've been at it for about 15 hours straight, with all the different solutions, suggestions, forum post, chats, you name it
    I have nothing left to try except for maybe use a strong electromagnet clear any corruption from my device. (+ probable distroying it in the process)

I'm not the type of person to admit being defeated but this time I'm throwing the towel
    BaBy Z10 vs ME = 1 - 0
    Truly frustrating. I feel for ya. But I'm afraid it's a hardware issue. Time to warrantee swap

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    Gion Bruins likes this.
    08-15-13 08:23 PM
    Truly frustrating. I feel for ya. But I'm afraid it's a hardware issue. Time to warrantee swap

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. Wigley's News - BlackBerry BBM Channel Pin for Wigley's News
    Yeah, I have to agree with my main bro Wigley here, I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I've read through it, and it just appears as though the phone needs to be swapped. From the information you've provided the OS didn't cause an issue, it seems like all the other hardware and readings make sense, but the phone just needs to be exchange. Just one of the hardware issues that happens with no good explanation...

By the way I should have answered your original question, it does not look as though you killed your Z10...
    Gion Bruins likes this.
    08-15-13 10:08 PM
    Yeah, I have to agree with my main bro Wigley here, I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I've read through it, and it just appears as though the phone needs to be swapped. From the information you've provided the OS didn't cause an issue, it seems like all the other hardware and readings make sense, but the phone just needs to be exchange. Just one of the hardware issues that happens with no good explanation...

By the way I should have answered your original question, it does not look as though you killed your Z10...
    Thanks for trying to help me with this issue and thankfully all the Blackberry Guru's came to the same conclusion.

Warantee swap due too hardware failure. Does give me peace of mind that it wasn't something I caused myself.

CRACKBERRY you ROCK
    diegonei likes this.
    08-16-13 07:12 AM
    Thanks for trying to help me with this issue and thankfully all the Blackberry Guru's came to the same conclusion.

Warantee swap due too hardware failure. Does give me peace of mind that it wasn't something I caused myself.

CRACKBERRY you ROCK
    Most definitely, that's what we are all here for, come back a chill with us when you get your new one
    08-16-13 10:59 AM
    Wow, great thread. Makes my heart feel good when many crackberians come together to help another crackberrian.
    Thank you all for the help you gave the OP.
    08-19-13 06:07 AM
34 12