08-19-13 06:07 AM
34 12
tools
    Dear All

First of I'm sorry to bother evryone through this thread however I would like to pleed for your help regarding my Z10. I seemed to have managed to completely crash my Z10 without any means of recovering it, let alone have it boot up, doesn't even show me the balckberry logo which is always shown in advance of booting.

It is as dead as a Doornail with a blicking Red LED.

It seems to be stuck in the final pre-boot sequence, I've searched the web high and low and the only thing I managed to find closely resembling my situation was some type of reference to a hardware failure. (The flash memory being corrupted + or the Battery being faulty)

The oddest thing about this all is that I can, to some extend, load autoloaders which do actually complete the setup but then the device just don't want to boot up and remains in this comatose state with this blinking Red Led.

I've tried every possible way to get my BaBy back up and running but to no avail.

I would like to know if it's possible to completely swipe the device of all it's Software and start with a freshly formatted 16GB of space to reload the core OS. BBSAK would be the method of choice for anything under BB OS 10.

I have already spend hours researching the various forums trying to find an answer to my problem. And I did come across similar stories to mine, all resulting in the handset being returned to BB for repair or replacement. Obviously that my final options aswell but I'd preferre to try and solve this myzelf as for me it seems to be a software issue more then a hardware issue.

I really hope anyone can help me out here,

THANKS,

Gion
    z10 bootrom problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-14-13 06:13 AM
    Dear All

First of I'm sorry to bother evryone

Never be, we're here to help.

through this thread however I would like to pleed for your help regarding my Z10. I seemed to have managed to completely crash my Z10 without any means of recovering it, let alone have it boot up, doesn't even show me the balckberry logo which is always shown in advance of booting.

Heck. o.o

It is as dead as a Doornail with a blicking Red LED.

It seems to be stuck in the final pre-boot sequence, I've searched the web high and low and the only thing I managed to find closely resembling my situation was some type of reference to a hardware failure. (The flash memory being corrupted + or the Battery being faulty)

The oddest thing about this all is that I can, to some extend, load autoloaders which do actually complete the setup but then the device just don't want to boot up and remains in this comatose state with this blinking Red Led.

I've tried every possible way to get my BaBy back up and running but to no avail.

Did you try plugging it to BB Link and letting that reload the software?

I would like to know if it's possible to completely swipe the device of all it's Software and start with a freshly formatted 16GB of space to reload the core OS. BBSAK would be the method of choice for anything under BB OS 10.

That's exactly what I suggested above.

I have already spend hours researching the various forums trying to find an answer to my problem. And I did come across similar stories to mine, all resulting in the handset being returned to BB for repair or replacement. Obviously that my final options aswell but I'd preferre to try and solve this myzelf as for me it seems to be a software issue more then a hardware issue.

I really hope anyone can help me out here,

THANKS,

Gion
    z10 bootrom problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Hope you can get it fixed! I will try something that just came to mind and post back if it actually works as I am hoping. If so, it will be another thing to try!

EDIT: Haha! Old trick are the best... Try this: Take the battery off and plug it to link. I tried on mine and link asked for the password, so, like in berries of old, it has access to the device on lifesupport USB charge.

You should be able to start the OS restore and then pop the battery in to make sure it can go on till it's done!
    08-14-13 07:35 AM
    Dear Diegonei,

I've tried all those methods you mentioned and then some.

Here is quick summery of what I all tried to do (After installing the latest 10.2.0.1047 which unfotunately started this whole issue)

Re-load the autoloader SLT-2 10.2.0.47
    (Autoloader completes but generates error at the end, but the window closes so fast I can't read nor make a screenshot)
    Re-load the autoloader SLT-2 10.1.0.1485 Downloaded from BB Developer Site
    (Autoloader completes but generates error at the end, but the window closes so fast I can't read nor make a screenshot)
    Reload the autoloader SLT-2 10.2.0341 Downloaded from BB Developer Site
    (Autoloader completes but genrates error at the end, but the window closes so fast I can't read nor make a screenshot)

Tried going back the factory setting through BB Link( Green LED light comes on and the system completes the setup for 3/4 and then connection between my BB and PC drops and therefor it can't finish unpakking)
    Tried your trick aswell; pulled the battery connect with my PC through USB and run the factory restore from Link ( Green LED light comes on and the system completes the setup for 3/4 and then connection between my BB and PC drops and therefor it can't finish unpakking)

Tried going back the factory setting through online update through the BB site
    (Green LED light comes on and the system completes the setup for 3/4 and then connection between my BB and PC drops and therefor it can't finish unpakking)
    Tried your trick aswell; pulled the battery connect with my PC through USB and run the factory restore from the site
    (Green LED light comes on and the system completes the setup for 3/4 and then connection between my BB and PC drops and therefor it can't finish unpakking)

I'm really at the end of ideas except for returning the handset to Blackberry.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-14-13 08:25 AM
    To make a screenshot type cmd either into start menu or if you have total commander to it. It saves you the problem of browsing through the folders in command prompt. Then start the autoloader, it won't close now the window.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    08-14-13 08:31 AM
    Thanks forgot that through the command line the box remains open, don't use the command prompt on a daily basis anymore but I actually should have known this.

Before it did give an error, but now it states done and that's it; no reboot no nothing. just remains in it's comatose state with the blinking RED led light... sequence ( 1 longer flash pauze then 7 quick flashes and then again and again and again... )
    diegonei likes this.
    08-14-13 09:07 AM
    Sashesi comes to mind. I hope you don't get the 3/4 drop with that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...staller-825409

Use Sachesi to extract the OS and Apps from the autoloaders and use it to install the files. I'll forward this thread to the gang, maybe one of them can think of more things you can try (or even come up with a solution).
    08-14-13 09:07 AM
    Thanks forgot that through the command line the box remains open, don't use the command prompt on a daily basis anymore but I actually should have known this.

Before it did give an error, but now it states done and that's it; no reboot no nothing. just remains in it's comatose state with the blinking RED led light... sequence ( 1 longer flash pauze then 7 quick flashes and then again and again and again... )
    I would try to check with cap.exe that even the bootrom.is is responding. Please download and download darcy's tool from this forum, it's in a sticky thread it has a cap.exe. And there's a parameter maybe info that should reboot the phone and give general info about your phone. It should give back the possible parameters with calling it with -help or -h. Sorry, I'm not at my computer.

diegonei and Gion Bruins like this.
    08-14-13 09:22 AM
    Nice work guys! This is what CB is all about members helping members!
    Gion Bruins and EsJayDee like this.
    08-14-13 09:43 AM
    Finally one last thing - have you tried reloading from another PC? Are you on a Windows PC or a MAC using bootcamp? Often, this can happen on some PC's with an environment not cooperating with BB device loaders and / or BB LInk.
    08-14-13 09:49 AM
    ^ What he said was true
    The first thing that came to mind was a bad USB connection
    I've had this problem before especially with usb3 on windows 7 (non-native support)
    OR the same thing can happen on a mac environment running windows

My suggestion is to load with the battery out on a new computer. This is because the fact that the green light comes on tells me that the bootrom itself is still intact. If it weren't functional, you couldn't even load anything to begin with.
    08-14-13 09:53 AM
    I would try to check with cap.exe that even the bootrom.is is responding. Please download and download darcy's tool from this forum, it's in a sticky thread it has a cap.exe. And there's a parameter maybe info that should reboot the phone and give general info about your phone. It should give back the possible parameters with calling it with -help or -h. Sorry, I'm not at my computer.

Dear Adam,

Dowloaded the tool as per your suggestion. But not really sure what to do with the cap.exe program, I started it and it doesn't really do anything besides giving some basic information. No specific information on my Device comes up.

I'. starting the feel like an ***** slowly, eventhough I'm quite well known with computers and software etc etc. But I can force my beloved Z10 to boot
    08-14-13 10:04 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, changed my USB port to the generic HUB in the back of my system.
    Uninstalled BB link, Re-installed it after rebooting my PC.
    Used a different Computer which is still running Win XP with the same result.
    I'll try using a different USB Cable now aswell.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-14-13 10:09 AM
    Try taking the battery out and plug into the wall and reinsert the battery. Hold power button until it boots up.
    Not sure but maybe.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    08-14-13 10:16 AM
    Dear Adam,

Dowloaded the tool as per your suggestion. But not really sure what to do with the cap.exe program, I started it and it doesn't really do anything besides giving some basic information. No specific information on my Device comes up.

I'. starting the feel like an ***** slowly, eventhough I'm quite well known with computers and software etc etc. But I can force my beloved Z10 to boot
    okay, i checked, it's cap info. this gives me the attached screen. Red part is definetely reported back by the bootrom, which gives me a list of unsecure OS, that are blocked explicitly, so i cannot revert to them. if your device reports something similar back to that, that means as masterscardhead mentioned, that the bootrom is responding, and it can communicate. if this the situation there should be a way to load up an OS on your device.

Did I Kill My Z10??-cap_info.jpg
    08-14-13 10:24 AM
    Did you already tried start another OS autoloader?when autoloader ran and request connecting bootroom, connect your device and wait until it's asking device password..ignore blinking led and make sure battere full, and sorry for my bad english

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:31 AM
    Did you already tried start another OS autoloader?when autoloader ran and request connecting bootroom, connect your device and wait until it's asking device password..ignore blinking led and make sure battere full, and sorry for my bad english

Posted via CB10
    Thanks joniebonie for trying to help but this particular solution I've indeed already tried with no success. Now trying with different USB cable also no positive result. Don't worry about the English I got exactly what you meant
    08-14-13 10:40 AM
    Dear Adam,

Tried finding the cap info file you mentioned, searched inside Darcy's thread but couldn't find the file you mentioned, could you point me in the right direction??
    08-14-13 10:42 AM
    Try taking the battery out and plug into the wall and reinsert the battery. Hold power button until it boots up.
    Not sure but maybe.

I gave this a try aswell with no succes
    08-14-13 10:43 AM
    Dear Adam,

Tried finding the cap info file you mentioned, searched inside Darcy's thread but couldn't find the file you mentioned, could you point me in the right direction??
    Darcy packaged a cap.exe file. Call it from the command prompt with: cap info
    It's normally reboot the phone, prompt for password and then list everything and boot os. If it can get info from the bootrom, your device can establish a connection. If not you have to get a replacement. Hopefully you can restore it

08-14-13 10:46 AM
    Not sure but maybe.

This has helped me once too. Good for a shot anyway. But ya. Sounds to me like a usb issue
    08-14-13 10:52 AM
    Darcy packaged a cap.exe file. Call it from the command prompt with: cap info
    It's normally reboot the phone, prompt for password and then list everything and boot os. If it can get info from the bootrom, your device can establish a connection. If not you have to get a replacement. Hopefully you can restore it

Ran the cap info command from the prompt, it connected and provided the following information in return
    Did I Kill My Z10??-cap-info-screenshot.jpg
    08-14-13 10:55 AM
    I guess what you were doing was loading a new OS this has happened to me so I opened link and reloaded device software and my phone came back.

08-14-13 10:56 AM
    This has helped me once too. Good for a shot anyway. But ya. Sounds to me like a usb issue
    Gave this a try as I'm at a loss anyway so might as well retry everyt method I have tried and ofcourse open for suggestions I haven't tried.

This USB issue would that be the device having an USB issue or my computer?? I reckon my Device would the problem?
    08-14-13 10:59 AM
    I guess what you were doing was loading a new OS this has happened to me so I opened link and reloaded device software and my phone came back.

Well the whole issue started yestreday morning after I installed the .1047 leak did the restore everything fine worked for a couple days brilliantly, untill yesterday morning when trying to start Skype, this crashed the phone and it has been in it's comatose state ever since
    08-14-13 11:01 AM
    Ran the cap info command from the prompt, it connected and provided the following information in return
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cap info screenshot.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	192459
    That means the phone is not dead. If you can install anything through either link or an autoloader, bring back to your carrier. Maybe it's a hw issue after all. But bootrom is intact, as mastercardshead said

08-14-13 11:10 AM
34 12