08-10-13 10:36 PM
30 12
tools
    The installation went fine but the next day I got the blue screen of death. Crap!

Posted via CB10 with VZW Z10 (STL100-4)
    08-10-13 11:15 AM
    I don't think they're related.

Are you using Windows 8 by any chance?
    08-10-13 11:16 AM
    Usually if you get a blue screen of death means your computer ran out of RAM memory

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:03 PM
    No, I have XP. It could also be virus related. Sucks whatever the reason.

08-10-13 12:18 PM

Did it give a reason as to why it blue screened?

I know Windows 8 sometimes has blue screens due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, which is Link not cooperating with the operating system.
    Chi Cong Nguyen likes this.
    08-10-13 12:28 PM

Absolutely not a virus related to the autoloader let me clear about that for those who might only pick two words out of your post. You most likely had an issue in RAM or an IQC error read write pool error.
    08-10-13 12:29 PM

I know Windows 8 sometimes has blue screens due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, which is Link not cooperating with the operating system.
    Remember the 0x codes he said he had XP. The qualitative descriptions would be useless. If the OP truly believes it was related to the autoloader, which I will guarantee it wasn't the OP can produce the error log from the event viewer.
    08-10-13 12:31 PM

Afaik, I don't think W8 does the classical BSOD anymore LOL
    W8.1 has some memory and driver issues. You get sys_page/region_unclassified or some type of bull**** like that :S
    It still works, you just randomly get that popping up once in a blue moon.
    08-10-13 12:32 PM
    Afaik, I don't think W8 does the classical BSOD anymore LOL
    W8.1 has some memory and driver issues. You get sys_page/region_unclassified or some type of bull**** like that :S
    It still works, you just randomly get that popping up once in a blue moon.
    Yeah, it does show the BSOD, it's just more "friendly" with a in big print on the screen and some comforting message that your about to get your a** rocked...It's important to say that 8.1 does not have memory and driver issues. To date driver issues with 8.1 are vendor fault, and they are labeled alpha, beta, as none are gold. Furthermore the "memory" faults are in 8.1 Beta, not 8.1. It might seem normal to you, but for those reading this thread, I'm trying to keep this information accurate so people don't wave around hate flags for no reason.
    Last edited by kwm1337; 08-10-13 at 02:20 PM.
    masterscarhead1 likes this.
    08-10-13 12:36 PM
    Yeah, it does show the BSOD, it's just more "friendly" with a in big print on the screen and some comforting message that your about to get you a** rocked...It's important to say that 8.1 does not have memory and driver issues. To date driver issues with 8.1 are vendor fault, and they are labeled alpha, beta, as none are gold. Furthermore the "memory" faults are in 8.1 Beta, not 8.1. It might seem normal to you, but for those reading this thread, I'm trying to keep this information accurate so people don't wave around hate flags for no reason.
    Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear. Thanks for clearing it up
    08-10-13 12:44 PM
    I experienced this on my w8 laptop but I realized it was from using a usb3 port. I've got no problems when I use a usb2 port
    08-10-13 12:48 PM
    I experienced this on my w8 laptop but I realized it was from using a usb3 port. I've got no problems when I use a usb2 port
    Did you use windows8 otb driver for usb3
    I found 3rd party drivers for usb 3 caused problems but not the default driver
    08-10-13 12:50 PM
    Absolutely not a virus related to the autoloader let me clear about that for those who might only pick two words out of your post. You most likely had an issue in RAM or an IQC error read write pool error.
    I understand your concern regarding people posting comments knowingly or un knowingly that even hint that the autoloaders have viruses or something nefarious in them.

Honestly my first concern was the virus threat of downloads. Hey I don't know much so I'm vulnerable.

Anyways you should have the whole 'viruses ' questions put out front for the new and less techy folks to see.

Thanks for every thing you do to help.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:22 PM
    No BSOD but Link crashed out on me during backup. Looks like I got lucky since everything was transferred over just fine. I think....
    08-10-13 02:21 PM
    Honestly my first concern was the virus threat of downloads. Hey I don't know much so I'm vulnerable.
    First, I recommend anyone against downloading anything trusted or not, who doesn't have adequate protection or who does not have the basic knowledge to know safe from not.

Anyways you should have the whole 'viruses ' questions put out front for the new and less techy folks to see.
    I'm not going to address this any further. It has been address by myself and others in the group in writing, in both hangouts, and various times. If people have not cared to listen or read yet, they simply cannot most likely. It is as simple as this there are 100% safe downloads, with files signed by BlackBerry's private key. Any other discussion about this here will be ignored by me. Question asked, answered, and answered once again here.
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-10-13 02:33 PM
    Did not mean any harm in my last post here.

Don't need you to reply to me.

To my mind if some people have been thinking the autoloaders could cause an issue then by default the correct information has not been decimated well.

I don't believe it is your responsibility to inform everyone but you have been trying to to some extent.

I've had conversations in real life with people asking the question how safe are the autoloaders. Again to my mind it is not an unreasonable concern.

My suggestion was only intended as a suggestion.

With CB writing front page articles about leaks being dropped on the forums your going to see no end of uninformed people here.

Just thought you should have said that NO viruses could be in the autoloader on a more focused and forceful way.

I am on your side.

Not everyone reads as much as they should or listens to your hangouts.

I do respect your efforts here it's not lost on me I have been learning.

I don't take anything here personal.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:00 PM
    Fix your pc?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:06 PM
    With CB writing front page articles about leaks being dropped on the forums your going to see no end of uninformed people here.
    Let me actually address this right now since it's been brought up, I personally do NOT endorse any front page articles that have been written here by CrackBerry. I think that the information provided has opened up the floodgates on many who were ill informed, with no help from front page articles. I know several others who feel the same way, but I'll not speak for them. There's a proper way to go about larger articles like that, and last week was a prime example of good intentions gone wrong.

And look, I'm sure you're on our side, I've seen you around a lot, I think you are actually more knowledgeable than you would admit, maybe you're just humble. I appreciate your input, and because of it, I will be making sure that some changes get made to position/location of the existing disclosure on this, to the point where there won't be any excuse not to see it.
    08-10-13 03:09 PM
    The installation went fine but the next day I got the blue screen of death. Crap!

I got it as well

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:12 PM
    Let me actually address this right now since it's been brought up, I personally do NOT endorse any front page articles that have been written here by CrackBerry. I think that the information provided has opened up the floodgates on many who were ill informed, with no help from front page articles. I know several others who feel the same way, but I'll not speak for them. There's a proper way to go about larger articles like that, and last week was a prime example of good intentions gone wrong.

And look, I'm sure you're on our side, I've seen you around a lot, I think you are actually more knowledgeable than you would admit, maybe you're just humble. I appreciate your input, and because of it, I will be making sure that some changes get made to position/location of the existing disclosure on this, to the point where there won't be any excuse not to see it.
    We are thinking along the same lines.

I'm not that knowledgeable as much as I read alot.

I'm not a technology person, I'm landscape architecture by trade.

Leak installing requires a commitment on the part of installer. You guys are great for support but the installers need to take an active role in finding a solution that works for their situation.

Carry on the good work!

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-10-13 04:21 PM
    Memory or driver issue... so a system restore on your WIndows PC to a time before the install..... Use the computer for a day or so... if no blue screen ... repeat install of OS10.2.... if you blue screen again then it is something in the installation.... question to OP... does your computer blue screen after reboot? that would mean something was installed in installation if there was no blue screen after a system restore could simply be a glitch or incompatabilty in the software....would be highly doubtfull an autoloader would have anything to do with this.... more likey a driver misbehaving and not clearing out of memory....
    08-10-13 05:20 PM
    Most all Windows blue screens are hardware issues and usually due to over heating of the CPU and or RAM. First thing is check your fans. CPU and also graphics card fan. Most of the time you'll find them loaded with dust when this happens. Gently vacuum away the dust. You can even remove fans, submerge them in isopropyl alcohol and work them back and forth. Then dry them thoroughly. Makes them spin like new again.

Of course also vacuum away any dust clogging vents in the case.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:27 PM
    Memory or driver issue... so a system restore on your WIndows PC to a time before the install..... Use the computer for a day or so... if no blue screen ... repeat install of OS10.2.... if you blue screen again then it is something in the installation.... question to OP... does your computer blue screen after reboot? that would mean something was installed in installation if there was no blue screen after a system restore could simply be a glitch or incompatabilty in the software....would be highly doubtfull an autoloader would have anything to do with this.... more likey a driver misbehaving and not clearing out of memory....
    Just chill, nothing installs on your PC All I had to do was read the second phrase in that soup to realize everything else was garbage...
    08-10-13 05:28 PM
    Most all Windows blue screens are hardware issues and usually due to over heating of the CPU and or RAM. First thing is check your fans. CPU and also graphics card fan. Most of the time you'll find them loaded with dust when this happens. Gently vacuum away the dust. You can even remove fans, submerge them in isopropyl alcohol and work them back and forth. Then dry them thoroughly. Makes them spin like new again.

Of course also vacuum away any dust clogging vents in the case.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 95
    08-10-13 05:28 PM
    Windows 95
    ?? Come again.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:55 PM
30 12