Which is the better way to do a non-destructive upgrade?

Debrick + Radio
    or
    Core OS + Radio + Apps

Or is there no difference?

Thanks.
    05-02-14 10:24 AM
    ??

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Install Sachesi and follow the directions... I have only ever done the full OS "update" using Sachesi.

Not sure what you meant by Debrick... that is usually a method used to recover a device, and it is destructive to your existing data.
    05-02-14 10:42 AM
    For example, when Thurask posts a new build, he includes a debrick file. I believe the debrick is the complete OS including apps, but then he also posts a Core OS file and the Apps individually.

I'm using Sachesi here as a local installer rather than getting the build off of a server and having it do it so I know I have what should be a trusted build
    05-02-14 10:45 AM
    I prefer the core OS and updated apps. This way you don't reinstall all the bloat such as first launch, unneeded language files etc that you previously may have deleted. Plus with the latest OS releases many of the files are marked permanent so you can no longer delete them.

Posted via CrackBerry app
    05-02-14 10:54 AM
    Which is the better way to do a non-destructive upgrade?

Debrick + Radio
    or
    Core OS + Radio + Apps

Or is there no difference?

Thanks.
    Installing the debrick file via sachesi/Chrome/etc will NOT update your apps. Do not do it. Stick with Core OS + Radio + Apps when doing a non-destructive upgrade.

Use the debrick only for autoloaders.
    05-02-14 11:31 AM
    Old thread yet learn something new every day.
    08-18-14 01:33 PM
    I think debrick + radio installation thru sachesi is same as installing all downloaded file thru sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 01:01 PM
    I think debrick + radio installation thru sachesi is same as installing all downloaded file thru sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it is not. When you install the debrick file through Sachesi and it ignores the apps in it entirely (the phone does this, not Sachesi) and ultimately only installs the Core OS portion. You need to extract and install all the apps seperately. If you attempt this on a minor upgrade, say 10.2.1.3xxx to another 10.2.1.3xxx you may never notice the difference because the apps are so similar it doesn't matter, but doing it on a major upgrade and you will notice that things just don't work right because your apps are now too far out of sync with the core OS.
    Harsh Tongya likes this.
    08-19-14 01:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it is not. When you install the debrick file through Sachesi and it ignores the apps in it entirely (the phone does this, not Sachesi) and ultimately only installs the Core OS portion. You need to extract and install all the apps seperately. If you attempt this on a minor upgrade, say 10.2.1.3xxx to another 10.2.1.3xxx you may never notice the difference because the apps are so similar it doesn't matter, but doing it on a major upgrade and you will notice that things just don't work right because your apps are now too far out of sync with the core OS.
    08-19-14 01:04 PM
    so, a quick question for a first time autoloader, if I have the Autoloader, do i need to install the radio file/debrick? or is the autoloader sufficient for loading a leaked OS?
    08-22-14 12:11 AM
    so, a quick question for a first time autoloader, if I have the Autoloader, do i need to install the radio file/debrick? or is the autoloader sufficient for loading a leaked OS?
    All you need to do is run the autoloader. Note that this will erase all your phones data, so make sure to back up beforehand so you can restore if you don't want to lose your stuff

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:22 AM