05-28-16 03:54 PM
563 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Landscape in all native apps, including the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    higherdestiny and rai187 like this.
    01-13-14 08:21 PM
    For the love of everything, how about some basic functionality fixed? As in... default focus. Case and point: playing Candy Crush or browsing Reddit, and a text notification pops up. I tap it, which takes me to the text. I then try typing a reply- NOPE. The text entry field isn't selected. My entered letters are often sitting in a search box back in the hub (which I'll have to hit cancel on later to get rid of, because some letter I pressed triggered the search- a "feature" which you can't shut off!). Seriously, BlackBerry? How hard is it to program a default focus?

Everyone else has some great ideas. I'd be willing to trade some of them to get things like this ironed out

PS. Virtual trackpad PLEASE. This circle thing plain sucks when you're using a tiny font (which I do, to maximize screen real estate).

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:39 PM
    More granular backup/restore.

Z10 | STL100-1 | 10.2.1.1925
    higherdestiny likes this.
    01-14-14 02:21 AM
    Add more Quick actions

Add the one and two checks for whatsapp in the hub

Dark theme hub option

Different home screen options

Posted from my bangin Q10
    One and two checks for WhatsApp is there on WhatsApp beta.

From My Awesome BlackBerry Z10
    01-14-14 04:34 AM
    Customizable quick launch icons.
    Spam/call blocker/filter.
    01-14-14 04:50 AM
    Option to change the resolution in camera and video capturing.

Posted via CB10
    aaronpan likes this.
    01-14-14 05:41 AM
    This is a repost of a feature I described in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssword-892864/

I guess what I would like is to be able to select my homescreen (by that I mean what screen is 1 action away from wherever I am). So for the BB10 that would be what screen do you see when you swipe up. A setting that would allow you to select which of the BB10 UI screens comes up when you slide up would be ideal, I can think of the following choices ( bet you can guess which one I would choose)
    - Hub
    - Active frames
    - First page of icons
    - Lock screen (even when there is no password - Maybe they should call it the summary screen
    - Search screen ( because of the lack of real keyboard shortcuts - launch apps with one key for the home screen, I've found myself having to use the search feature instead, not very good but manageable)

Add keyboard shortcuts from homescreen, customizable bottom buttons and BB10 UI is getting close to what I had/have with BB OS7
    01-14-14 06:53 AM
    A few of my wishes:

1) The ability to customise or disable the "play/pause" centre key on the side of the device.

2) Change the way the power button works in terms of powering off the device. Rather than shutting down after three seconds, require additional user input or confirmation to shut down - avoids accidentally shutting down the phone if the power button is pressed against your jeans.

3) Drop-down quick settings menu - ability to limit how many rows appear on each screen. eg. at the moment, multiple pages don't appear until you have around 12 options enabled. Would love to limit this to just 4 rows of quick setting icons, and have multiple pages instead.

4) Camera - the ability to enable a manual exposure adjustment slider on screen. sometimes I just can't get the exposure right - especially when trying to capture a bright figure on a dark background. being able to envoke an exposure slider (possibly envoked from the top pull-down menu) and sliding between higher and lower exposure would be ideal.

5) Notification display when device locked. When the device is locked (screen black), the ability to enable notifications that display as white text on a black background - possibly scrolling if required. On an OLED screen, this would use very little power and could be handy at times. Alternatively, employ a system where the sender is displayed and touching the screen displays the message. touching the screen a second time immediately dismisses the message.

6) Make reminder notifications less obtrusive. At the moment they force the user to a decision point and interrupt whatever the user was doing. Modifying this behavour would be ideal - even if it were possible to "swipe" the reminder away without having to find and tap a snooze button.

7) More notification tones. Both greater variety and better tones. Personally the in-built reminder tone is grating. I would kill to have a sweet little chime or tweet tone for reminders as default. Tones give a device personality - and at the moment, BB10 is a bit conflicted. Give us the option of sound themes across the device.

8) Merge the bedside mode alarm with aspects of the weather app - so that as the alarm wakes up the screen, it also displays the outside temperature and weather conditions in icon format. Possibly add the option of displaying a daily agenda "First appointment today is coffee with Jane at 9am". Likewise, add smarts when setting an alarm. If I slide my wake up alarm to 8am, and there's an appointment in my calendar for 8:30am, display that appointment below the clock as I set the alarm, and somehow highlight it to my attention.

9) Enhance the power off screen - teh screen that displays when you press and hold the power button for a second. It's underutilised. Add a shortcut there to Device Monitor, and device diagnostics.

10) Add a check-box option somewhere in settings or tutorials app to "Show tutorials on next boot". PLEASE. This is ideal for business scenarios where the device is pre-configured before shipping to the customer. By selecting this option and shutting down the phone, when the customer receives the device and turns on the phone, they are presented with welcome tutorials which can be of great help!

11) Add more filter options to the HUB "pinch" function and/or priority hub. Eg. Where message subject or body contains certain keyword.

12) Ability to have custom notification on a filter where a certain word is found in subject or body. Eg. email received where subject includes "MED-ALERT", device responds with loud tone and vibration.

13) Option to display current weather conditions on lock screen / custom data on lock screen. I could even look sweet to have the weather background as the lock screen background (eg.. bright sunny, or raining etc).

14) Ability to use "peek" gesture in horizontal mode. Very hand when watching videos etc, and want to peek into the hub.

15) Ability to set custom permissions for Android apps. Eg - allow it to access file system but not camera.

16) A simple way to read out / dictate emails. Perfect for when driving.

17) Slightly out of scope - but build a BlackBerry Protect *viewer* app that lets me perform actions on another blackberry protect account (eg.. my wife's device) for seeking a lost phone, or GPS location etc. Much like the functionality available on the BlackBerry Protect website, but in app format - with the ability to save specific devices and accounts.

18) Keep up the good work!!!
    rai187, menshawy and thermiks like this.
    01-14-14 06:48 PM
    A gesture to lock the phone (like swipe up to unlock)

Posted via CB10
    Or at least add it to the quick settings drop-down. "Lock Device"

On the subject of quick settings - make the icon tap target slightly larger. Many times I try to silence the device by tapping the bell, and I end up hitting "notifications" instead.
    01-14-14 06:52 PM

8) Merge the bedside mode alarm with aspects of the weather app - so that as the alarm wakes up the screen, it also displays the outside temperature and weather conditions in icon format. Possibly add the option of displaying a daily agenda "First appointment today is coffee with Jane at 9am". Likewise, add smarts when setting an alarm. If I slide my wake up alarm to 8am, and there's an appointment in my calendar for 8:30am, display that appointment below the clock as I set the alarm, and somehow highlight it to my attention.

12) Ability to have custom notification on a filter where a certain word is found in subject or body. Eg. email received where subject includes "MED-ALERT", device responds with loud tone and vibration.
    I love option 8. 12 already exists in 10.2.1

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    pavan643 likes this.
    01-14-14 09:47 PM
    A few of my wishes:

1) The ability to customise or disable the "play/pause" centre key on the side of the device.

2) Change the way the power button works in terms of powering off the device. Rather than shutting down after three seconds, require additional user input or confirmation to shut down - avoids accidentally shutting down the phone if the power button is pressed against your jeans.

3) Drop-down quick settings menu - ability to limit how many rows appear on each screen. eg. at the moment, multiple pages don't appear until you have around 12 options enabled. Would love to limit this to just 4 rows of quick setting icons, and have multiple pages instead.

4) Camera - the ability to enable a manual exposure adjustment slider on screen. sometimes I just can't get the exposure right - especially when trying to capture a bright figure on a dark background. being able to envoke an exposure slider (possibly envoked from the top pull-down menu) and sliding between higher and lower exposure would be ideal.

5) Notification display when device locked. When the device is locked (screen black), the ability to enable notifications that display as white text on a black background - possibly scrolling if required. On an OLED screen, this would use very little power and could be handy at times. Alternatively, employ a system where the sender is displayed and touching the screen displays the message. touching the screen a second time immediately dismisses the message.

6) Make reminder notifications less obtrusive. At the moment they force the user to a decision point and interrupt whatever the user was doing. Modifying this behavour would be ideal - even if it were possible to "swipe" the reminder away without having to find and tap a snooze button.

7) More notification tones. Both greater variety and better tones. Personally the in-built reminder tone is grating. I would kill to have a sweet little chime or tweet tone for reminders as default. Tones give a device personality - and at the moment, BB10 is a bit conflicted. Give us the option of sound themes across the device.

9) Enhance the power off screen - teh screen that displays when you press and hold the power button for a second. It's underutilised. Add a shortcut there to Device Monitor, and device diagnostics.

10) Add a check-box option somewhere in settings or tutorials app to "Show tutorials on next boot". PLEASE. This is ideal for business scenarios where the device is pre-configured before shipping to the customer. By selecting this option and shutting down the phone, when the customer receives the device and turns on the phone, they are presented with welcome tutorials which can be of great help!

11) Add more filter options to the HUB "pinch" function and/or priority hub. Eg. Where message subject or body contains certain keyword.

13) Option to display current weather conditions on lock screen / custom data on lock screen. I could even look sweet to have the weather background as the lock screen background (eg.. bright sunny, or raining etc).

14) Ability to use "peek" gesture in horizontal mode. Very hand when watching videos etc, and want to peek into the hub.

15) Ability to set custom permissions for Android apps. Eg - allow it to access file system but not camera.

16) A simple way to read out / dictate emails. Perfect for when driving.

17) Slightly out of scope - but build a BlackBerry Protect *viewer* app that lets me perform actions on another blackberry protect account (eg.. my wife's device) for seeking a lost phone, or GPS location etc. Much like the functionality available on the BlackBerry Protect website, but in app format - with the ability to save specific devices and accounts.

18) Keep up the good work!!!
    #3 is already doable... Just get into the mode where they are blinking, and drag an icon onto the furthest right screen.

I've got about 7 pages, with half of them full. Nothing stopping me from making a page with a few apps instead of more than half... If I understand correctly, it's always been this way.

Edit: I misread. I thought you wanted a quick setting to set the row count for icons per page. You really mean ONLY the quick setting pull down. My bad.
    01-15-14 12:27 AM
    How about a button that brings up the keyboard on any screen so you can use Q10 or even OS7 keyboard shortcuts...

CB10/Z10
    extisis likes this.
    01-15-14 12:31 AM
    Try swiping up on your screen from the bottom with two fingers

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 01:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    that works for the keyboard... but the shortcuts don't. i would like the shortcuts suggestion to work on touch devices.
    01-15-14 11:17 AM
    Wow! I just discovered I can tap the bell, BT, alarm icons to en/disable the functions without entering the menus. Only been doing it the long way for 7 months. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    higherdestiny and extisis like this.
    01-15-14 05:08 PM
    custom led color for contacts baked in (I don't want an app for that)

customizations to audio capabilities in music player

customizations to video/camera settings for size/quality, etc.

greater customizations in the calendar (for example, colours of events on days, choosing recurring dates specifically, etc.)

otherwise, 10.2.1 was just enough to make me stifle it (in the mean time) when it comes to complains of missing capabilities...

*edit* forgot to add:

I want my .midi audio capability back! I have thousands of ringtones that won't work!!
    Last edited by Mr.Conviviality; 01-16-14 at 11:04 AM.
    01-15-14 05:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    That only works on screens where text may be needed, not on all screens where you can use Q10 shortcuts

Thanks

CB10/Z10
    01-15-14 06:08 PM
    Wow! I just discovered I can tap the bell, BT, alarm icons to en/disable the functions without entering the menus. Only been doing it the long way for 7 months. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    That's been available since launch. 10.0.9

01-15-14 06:30 PM
    Aah.. the threads become too big... Don't know if this has been posted before... need more control over the android apps we load... right now, even though they are running in a sandbox I don't like the fact that they can access information that is not required by them.

Posted via CB10. My channel pin: C001D4FB8 is on HP Nearline Storage
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    01-15-14 06:54 PM
    That's been available since launch. 10.0.9

thanks for keeping it in context. i was just happy for the guy to have just found that out.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-16-14 at 04:06 PM.
    01-15-14 07:40 PM
    Aah.. the threads become too big... Don't know if this has been posted before... need more control over the android apps we load... right now, even though they are running in a sandbox I don't like the fact that they can access information that is not required by them.

Posted via CB10. My channel pin: C001D4FB8 is on HP Nearline Storage
    yeah i don't see the point of seeing the permissions page when installing droid apps because all of them will are required for you to use them. but considering some still missing APIs, I don't know if the apps would actually be able to access all that info from your phone.
    01-15-14 07:42 PM
    Please bring back the holster behavior from OS7 devices. I want it to vibrate when in the holster, and ring when out of it (same as it was before).
    paper_monkey likes this.
    01-15-14 09:24 PM
    Everyone that is suggesting features. Respond to my thread!!!

Thread title: Suggestion for a Sub-Forums under Blackberry 10 OS

Suggest your BB10 features!!

I've been thinking and I've been seeing these Future BB10 feature thread popping up every where. People are already all over with what they want from 10.3. Why not help out Blackberry and have all these features under 1 Sub-Forum under Blackberry 10 OS. (If the forum gets popular enough maybe start adding: Link, hardware, BES10, BBM and etc.)

Maybe make it have a Poll saying yes or no to the feature right away like Beta Zone has. Since not everyone on CB is on Beta Zone.

If it doesn't work out you can always delete the Sub-Forum but I 100% think then it's a good thing to do to show Blackberry 10 what we want.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-os-893384/

Reply with Quote on this thread and reply to my thread to get the word out!!

The ideas on Crackberry are 10x better then Beta zone

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:03 PM
    Cinnamon Toast.

That's all.

Z10 10.2.1.1925 via CB10
    01-16-14 01:36 AM
    thanks for keeping it context. i was just happy for the guy to have just found that out.
    Exactly, thanks. I am far from being a newbie, but am still discovering not-well-advertized features every week, mostly thanks to CrackBerry posters like yourself.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    paper_monkey and extisis like this.
    01-16-14 01:55 PM
563 ... 34567 ...