05-28-16 02:54 PM
563 ... 23456 ...
tools
    No preloaded Google store please. Maybe make it a download able app but, I don't want to be forced into it.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    01-11-14 10:42 AM
    full landscape mode
    Yesyesyes DO

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803 TMO US
    01-11-14 10:51 AM
    I'm definitely up for black theme on all native apps or even just the Hub and menus for that matter. Right now, you go from white to black to white in the Hub on the Q10. Black theme in the Hub is a must on the Q10.

Maps app needs a lot of help. I expected Maps to be much better when they partnered with Tom Tom. Many addresses are off slightly, or the postal code comes up off one letter, meaning wrong area. Driving along HWY 401, the map app keeps asking you to switch between Express and Collectors. The map app also doesn't know when a road is closed for construction (where the Google Maps app, in one particular case did). Also, the navigation doesn't tell you if your upcoming destination is on the left or the right.

Bug fix: when calling voicemail, I always have to enter the first number of my password twice; it doesn't go through the first time. But when I call any other number, the keypad works fine on the first try.
    01-11-14 12:12 PM
    There are groups for contacts in 10.2.1. However, they also need to add Outlook compatible categories.

Also, custom profiles and the ability to have volume control for individual notification sounds (like the legacy OS) instead of one global control for all sounds.

Posted via CB10
    i'm using 10.2.1 and don't see the option for grouping contacts, where is it?
    01-11-14 01:43 PM
    option to change the quick access to you phone dialer, search and camera on the bottom home screen to other thing that you may want
    bring back the firewall( not sure if this exists on bb10 or maybe haven't looked hard enough)
    FIX the duplicate contacts mess
    Google play store pre loaded
    01-11-14 01:44 PM
    i'm using 10.2.1 and don't see the option for grouping contacts, where is it?

Dear Blackberry: Features we need on OS 10.3 or 11-img_20140111_150518_edit_edit.png

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 02:06 PM
    BlackBerry Beta Zone
    Dear Blackberry: Features we need on OS 10.3 or 11-img_00000232.png

Posted via Verizon Z30
    01-11-14 02:53 PM
    Maps app needs a lot of help. I expected Maps to be much better when they partnered with Tom Tom. Many addresses are off slightly, or the postal code comes up off one letter, meaning wrong area. Driving along HWY 401, the map app keeps asking you to switch between Express and Collectors. The map app also doesn't know when a road is closed for construction (where the Google Maps app, in one particular case did). Also, the navigation doesn't tell you if your upcoming destination is on the left or the right.
    Map sure needs some improvements, however IT DOES tell you if the upcoming turn is gonna be LEFT or RIGHT.
    In actually informs you on WHERE (LEFT or RIGHT) your next turn is going to be just after making any turn .

Caveat, am referring to Maps on 10.2.1.1925.
    01-11-14 02:59 PM
    full landscape mode
    BBOS Style

edit: And BlackBerry Tablet OS Style
    01-11-14 03:27 PM
    Reader mode for the hub!!!!!!!!!
    01-11-14 04:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140111_150518_edit_edit.png 
Views:	2078 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	237782

Amazing how the term "right under your nose" really describes one's ignorance. lol thanks man now i see it
    menshawy likes this.
    01-11-14 06:49 PM
    Another thing I'd like to see is a better way to go to your social apps from the messages you see in the hub. For example, I go to the Hub to see my BBM messages, read one, reply to it- but then I get the urge to do something inside of BBM and so I'll have to get out of the hub, swipe up, find BBM, then tap it. Tedious and time wasting. There should be a option when you tap the 3-dot "more" settings within the message to be able to just open the BBM app from there... or whatever messaging app that integrates into the Hub. Simple feature, but should be added to save time, imho.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-11-14 at 07:07 PM.
    01-11-14 06:55 PM
    Dark theme is complete sense. Most importantly, automatic Bcc option is email accounts. Native BIS enabled devices used to have and why is it not in BB10? No mention!

Dr Prithvi Sent by Z30 frm CB10
    01-11-14 07:06 PM
    A gesture to lock the phone (like swipe up to unlock)

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:38 PM
    A gesture to lock the phone (like swipe up to unlock)

Posted via CB10
    what other gesture might you recommend? i would say maybe a dual-thumb swipe down from the top bezel.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-13-14 at 11:26 AM.
    01-12-14 08:54 PM
    another thing to throw out there- don't know if anyone agrees but the bottom bar for some native apps in BB10 is a bit thick.. the actual viewing size we have in most apps is about as long as the screen on my 9810 when you include the top bar which is also a bit thick on certain apps in BB10. Sometimes it's just a bottom bar with a back button and I understand the back button needs to be there (how else will we go back?) but I'm just saying the bar could be a bit thinner so we could have more viewing and scrolling real estate within some apps like news and sports apps for example where you scroll through a lot of content. The bottom bar isn't necessary in the 'droid apps (I always remove it when i first open the droid app) because I just swipe the bottom bezel to go back and exit apps. It's nice to have a full screen- like how some people like to hide the start bar in Windows desktop. Maybe within these apps the icons in that bottom bar can have its text labels viewable for a second then the text labels fade away and the bottom bar animates and becomes thinner, giving us more space. The bottom bar on the native browser i feel is the perfect size but that's the only app I see with that size. Don't know how we can somehow implement that into BB10 but just throwing that idea out there.

I will use drizzt09's link to illustrate my point.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-12-14 at 11:02 PM.
    aaronpan and MebusQ5 like this.
    01-12-14 09:56 PM
    I suggest all of yous go to the beta zone and send in all these ideas as a feature request and as feedback! They will read it... so I highly recommend it

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    01-12-14 10:14 PM
    As a newcomer to BB10 (10.2.1 is the first version I've used on my new Z10) there are only a few things I really want to see:
    • Full (iOS/Android-style) Emoji support built into the keyboard and messages. <- only thing I miss from iOS
    • Dark theme for the entire OS
    • Notification Profile override for certain contacts (being on-call so pages/phone calls from a certain contact will always alert me)
    • A small swipe up gesture in an active frame closes it (alternative to pressing x)
    • APN/MMSC settings visible and editable (with warning) on all devices
    • Support for syncing shared calendars (particularly from Google)
    • Upgraded music app with gestures to swipe left/right to switch tracks
    • Music app setting to have a text version of the Artist screen with each album listed separately instead of together under artist
    • Password lock to go directly into the phone once password is correct (no need to hit the enter button)
    • Different wall paper for lock screen and home screen
    • Gmail Label support in for emails in the Hub
    • Ability to delete emails directly on the Toast Notification
    aaronpan and vanthol like this.
    01-13-14 02:04 AM
    As a newcomer to BB10 (10.2.1 is the first version I've used on my new Z10) there are only a few things I really want to see:
    • Dark theme for the entire OS
      --- fully agree
    • A small swipe up gesture in an active frame closes it (alternative to pressing x)
      --- like PlayBook.. fully agree
    • Support for syncing shared calendars (particularly from Google)
      --- pretty sure this has always been supported(w/Gmail)
    • Different wall paper for lock screen and home screen
      --- there is a post somewhere in the forums on how to do this. Never done it myself
    • Gmail Label support in for emails in the Hub
      --- this is supported for all but creating
    • Ability to delete emails directly on the Toast Notification
      --- fully agree and mark as read.

01-13-14 07:29 AM
    Feature needed is cellular data usage ON/OFF for all application.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.0.xxx allows you to turn data services off for the phone full stop, does it not? You go into settings->network connections->mobile network and turn data services off.
    01-13-14 07:54 AM
    Dear Blackberry :

I know you guys (BLACKBERRY:BBRY) do pay attention on us HEHEHE, I know you guys do see CRACKBERRY Forum. I know you guys do listen to end user.

We are here to improve Blackberry, no one besides end user knows more than what WE AS CONSUMER wants

Here is the features we need (in better words, CRAVE) for OS 10.3 or 11

1) Black theme on ALL (Yes, I mean ALL) native apps
    2) Google play store PRELOADED on BB OS (to get others on board, some just don't like to buy an expensive device and get around with tech to get things work)
    3) FASTER boot up (despite the fact that it is already significantly better than legacy device )
    4) Better WIFI connection, call quality and GPS signal (guess tuning of radio file maybe? My Q10 wifi signal is even worse than that of Galaxy s4. Call quality is on par maybe? But come on, BB is meant for business, we need top notch signal strength )
    5) Let us decide the transparency rate of the damn 'square-round box' around the apps (I personally dislike the borders)
    6) REVAMPED update to Blackberry Maps (good itself, suck when compared to Google maps, even when compared to Apple iOS maps)
    7) I don't know, you guys continue
    I agree with 3 and 6 only.

Posted via Q10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-13-14 08:21 AM
    Since I travel a lot there is 1 thing I need that everyone seems to have forgotten about and that is the ability or option to back up my phone through blackberry protect. I really miss that

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:03 AM
    Add more Quick actions

Add the one and two checks for whatsapp in the hub

Dark theme hub option

Different home screen options

Posted from my bangin Q10
    01-13-14 09:10 AM
    Would like to see a "swipe back" in the browser. Just like how we can swipe back in Android sideloads.

01-13-14 11:18 AM
    I would like to see interactive active frames, so that you are always able to use the apps in active frame mode also, I would like to see an option to give each active frame it's own location on the home screen, if I want to.

Personally I would make more use of the active frames when I'm able to do that

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jelle_57; 01-14-14 at 03:44 AM.
    Jaimin Shah likes this.
    01-13-14 06:51 PM
563 ... 23456 ...