05-28-16 03:54 PM
563 ... 1920212223
tools
    I got bored the other day and made a new BB10 wishlist. Not that I expect any of these to actually happen but it's a nice thought.

1. QT 5.6
    2. Latest webkit
    3. Updated Android 6.0.1/Mashmallow Runtime
    4. Improved handing of notifications from Android apps
    5. Built-in Call/Message blocking (without need for third party app)
    6. Option to choose how active frames are automatically ordered (last viewed/order opened)
    7. Small swipe up gesture on minimized active frame to close it (similar to tossing away cards in webOS)
    8. Emoji keyboard with support for latest emojis (as avaliable in iOS 9.2)
    9. Landscape mode for home screen and all stock apps/settings
    10. Flashlight toggle on lock screen
    11. Option for gestures to swipe left/right to switch tracks in Music app
    12. Option to have list of albums displayed under artists then click on album to get list of tracks in Music app
    13. Support to labeling then moving emails for Gmail accounts in Hub
    14. Ability to delete emails directly on the Toast Notification
    15. Social Feeds app like in OS7 (preferably with Facebook/FourSquare/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter/Vine support)
    16. Ability to drag and drop up to 4-5 apps [depending on PKB or all-touch device] to the bottom bar on the home screen to "pin" them there or replace default shortcuts
    17. Dark Theme options for Hub/Device Monitor/Settings/Phone on all BlackBerry 10 devices (including LCD phones - Passport/Z10/Classic)
    18. 4K video recording and slow motion if possible with device camera hardware
    19. Option for ten open active frames on Passport and other devices with 3GB RAM (still one screen but only two "full-sized" active frames when ten are open)
    20. Option to hide apps/folders like in OS 7.1
    21. Folders within folders
    22. Device Auto On/Off Feature
    23. All requested/missing APIs included for native apps and support for all APIs from Android apps
    24. Swipe feature on BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard
    25. Ability to mask browser as other clients added
    26. Force/override orientation option for apps added
    27. Themes/Icon Packs support added with 'Classic' BB10.2.1 and 'Retro' BB7.1 themes included
    28. Option to Import/Export Browser bookmarks from .html files (compatible with Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Opera)
    29. BlackBerry Blend updated allowing third party apps to add support
    30. Option for Weather information to display on lock screen
    31. Improved memory management and option to pin/lock important apps you don't want automatically closed by the OS
    32. Facebook and other social media apps developed by BlackBerry updated to fix bugs and add missing features
    Last edited by cbosdell; 01-05-16 at 09:33 PM.
    01-05-16 09:08 PM
    Whose going to develop it or support it?

I got bored the other day and made a new BB10 wishlist. Not that I expect any of these to actually happen but it's a nice thought.

1. QT 5.6
    2. Latest webkit
    3. Updated Android 6.0.1/Mashmallow Runtime
    4. Improved handing of notifications from Android apps
    5. Built-in Call/Message blocking (without need for third party app)
    6. Option to choose how active frames are automatically ordered (last viewed/order opened)
    7. Small swipe up gesture on minimized active frame to close it (similar to tossing away cards in webOS)
    8. Emoji keyboard with support for latest emojis (as avaliable in iOS 9.2)
    9. Landscape mode for home screen and all stock apps/settings
    10. Flashlight toggle on lock screen
    11. Option for gestures to swipe left/right to switch tracks in Music app
    12. Option to have list of albums displayed under artists then click on album to get list of tracks in Music app
    13. Support to labeling then moving emails for Gmail accounts in Hub
    14. Ability to delete emails directly on the Toast Notification
    15. Social Feeds app like in OS7 (preferably with Facebook/FourSquare/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter/Vine support)
    16. Ability to drag and drop up to 4-5 apps [depending on PKB or all-touch device] to the bottom bar on the home screen to "pin" them there or replace default shortcuts
    17. Dark Theme options for Hub/Device Monitor/Settings/Phone on all BlackBerry 10 devices (including LCD phones - Passport/Z10/Classic)
    18. 4K video recording and slow motion if possible with device camera hardware
    19. Option for ten open active frames on Passport and other devices with 3GB RAM (still one screen but only two "full-sized" active frames when ten are open)
    20. Option to hide apps/folders like in OS 7.1
    21. Folders within folders
    22. Device Auto On/Off Feature
    23. All requested/missing APIs included for native apps and support for all APIs from Android apps
    24. Swipe feature on BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard
    25. Ability to mask browser as other clients added
    26. Force/override orientation option for apps added
    27. Themes/Icon Packs support added with 'Classic' BB10.2.1 and 'Retro' BB7.1 themes included
    28. Option to Import/Export Browser bookmarks from .html files (compatible with Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Opera)
    29. BlackBerry Blend updated allowing third party apps to add support
    30. Option for Weather information to display on lock screen
    31. Improved memory management and option to pin/lock important apps you don't want automatically closed by the OS
    32. Facebook and other social media apps developed by BlackBerry updated to fix bugs and add missing features
    01-06-16 05:09 PM
    Whose going to develop it or support it?
    Your point? This thread is for feature requests. The likelihood of them happening is pretty irrelevant.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-06-16 11:24 PM
    A better photo/image management. Nice that I can hide photos now, but how about hiding the whole album so I don't have to select all of the individual files. Also, since BlackBerry is supposed to be all about security, how fixing it so when an image is marked for HIDE, it is hidden from ALL Apps, not just the photo app.

Would like to be able to arrange photos by date, name, or size. Currently the photo app appears to sort by date, descending. But when looking at photos from say BBM when wanting to attach, they are sorted by date, ascending.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-07-16 06:51 AM
    Another one: FIX WFC FOR TMO.

The WiFi calling is much better in 10.3.2, but it still will not auto recover if it drops. That is, I walk out of range of my WiFi the WFC connection drops. When I walk back into range it does not always come back on. At times when I am in range with a good signal it will drop out and not come back. I have turn off WiFi then turn it back on again.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-07-16 06:56 AM
    * The ability to downgrade back to 10.2.1
    My reasons:

The hub used to look much better on my Q back on 10.2. I don't think they optimized the hun for the Q series when they were cooking up 10.3

My WiFi was perfect then, all these 10.3.2 updates have made huge improvements. However, it isn't the same.

The general look and feel of OS 10.2.1 was classy.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ιт > 
    01-10-16 07:38 PM
    Your point? This thread is for feature requests. The likelihood of them happening is pretty irrelevant.
    Dear Santa Claus Letter - got it - Thanks!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 05:59 AM
    We need BlackBerry Priv for free. 💚

iPhone 5 16GB Black
    01-12-16 12:27 AM

iPhone 5 16GB Black
    Even then I wouldn't want it.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    elfabio80 and thedose like this.
    01-12-16 01:17 AM
    The chances of all these features to be seen in bb10.3.3 or even 10.4(if so ever) is highly unlikely...BlackBerry has already made the point clear that there will be only security and privacy enhancements

Classic
    01-12-16 02:29 AM
    This may sound weird, but I'd like BlackBerry to outsource a part of the development, thus to get some external programmers on board who will develop parts of the OS.
    Why? Well in android scene there is a plenty of people who develop tons of various Roms for the community. This results in a continuous development of the android OS, additions of things that the community wants and implementation of all the ideas that seem good enough.
    As BlackBerry has a closed system, there is likely no chance whatsoever that this will happen, but letting the community do things, such as android runtime upgrade to 4.4, 5 or even 6, and modifying some other apps such as the hub to become dark may help push the OS even if BlackBerry clearly gave up on the introduction of new features.
    When looking on android, all these things are there for free, made by people who like to do these things. BlackBerry just would need to prove the modified apps the way they do with the BlackBerry world apps anyway.
    As said, not that anything like that would ever happen, but it would allow for many of the good ideas become implemented...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 08:12 AM
    This may sound weird, but I'd like BlackBerry to outsource a part of the development, thus to get some external programmers on board who will develop parts of the OS.
    Why? Well in android scene there is a plenty of people who develop tons of various Roms for the community. This results in a continuous development of the android OS, additions of things that the community wants and implementation of all the ideas that seem good enough.
    As BlackBerry has a closed system, there is likely no chance whatsoever that this will happen, but letting the community do things, such as android runtime upgrade to 4.4, 5 or even 6, and modifying some other apps such as the hub to become dark may help push the OS even if BlackBerry clearly gave up on the introduction of new features.
    When looking on android, all these things are there for free, made by people who like to do these things. BlackBerry just would need to prove the modified apps the way they do with the BlackBerry world apps anyway.
    As said, not that anything like that would ever happen, but it would allow for many of the good ideas become implemented...

Posted via CB10
    HAHAHA!! Yeah, right, an forget about security? Android is an unsecured POS OS because of the open source development. You want a secure platform, you have to keep it in house under lock and key.

I love BB10, but BlackBerry missed the boat. More work is needed in marketing and developing consumer apps, not just corporate apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 10:47 AM
    Remove android runtime completely.
    01-17-16 01:06 PM
    HAHAHA!! Yeah, right, an forget about security? Android is an unsecured POS OS because of the open source development. You want a secure platform, you have to keep it in house under lock and key.

I love BB10, but BlackBerry missed the boat. More work is needed in marketing and developing consumer apps, not just corporate apps.

Posted via CB10
    If open source is not secure, then how come BSD is among the most secure server OS's despite being open source? Android is insecure, but that's not because of open source.

thedose likes this.
    01-18-16 01:14 AM
    I want double tap screen lock and off feature for screen touch only like z10, z30 mobile.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 11:28 AM
    Small feature request: Beta Zone Hub notifications upon updates.

01-19-16 01:13 AM
    The ability to bring back the 10.2.1 UI through being able to apply a theme. The elegance of the 10.2 user interface on top of 10.3 features. Also minor bug fixes etc...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    01-19-16 09:04 AM
    Nice thought, should be implemented

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Madhu sir please add me a BBM pin:2BBAC8A0

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:29 PM
    Updated ART

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-22-16 01:38 PM
    Plus1

Remove android runtime completely.

Posted from my Blackbeast
    01-25-16 04:52 PM
    I'd vote for changes. The good way would be bringing in gecko compatibility, like Firefox OS Runtime. Why?
    1. We have old browser. Old, niche, and even probably unsecure. Browsers are widespread and hacked constantly nowadays, so giving in for the other browser is cutting costs on supporting BB10 OS.
    2. Gecko comes with apps, html5 apps that actually can be used anywhere, on any platform. Chen dropped a line on app incompatibility and this can be a cure. We definitely can't state that blackberry apps should be adopted everywhere, but we can support open standart.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 05:20 PM
    Don't like it at all

iPhone 5 16GB Black

Vistaus likes this.
    01-31-16 07:33 PM
    And most of all keep it black and not for all

Posted via CB10

01-31-16 07:36 PM
    Get virtual machine OS simulators on BlackBerry devices for old BBOS versions, for different iPhone/Android/Windows versions, & for Knox/Tizen/Android-for-Work. (That could cause a frenzy of marketing & seminars--LOL!)
    Showcase a BlackBerry remotely controlling a device of a different OS.
    Supply covert cameras for surveillance by BlackBerry devices.
    Show the same presentation/video/song on devices of users who temporarily opt in within BBM.
    Give BlackBerry devices capabilities/accessories as tech tools that diagnose computers (POST readers, alternate boot devices with DTEK scanning), automobiles (onboard diagnostics (OBD)), network equipment (switches, routers, servers).
    Reanimate/reactivate the BlackBerry PlayBook as an external keyboard for BlackBerry devices with crossover capability for the others & apply the previous sentence to it also.
    Add a full/root website URL attachment feature to the share feature.
    Supply a Duh! overlay stamp that we can apply to BBM posts!

Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10.
    Last edited by WiseEyes; 01-31-16 at 11:11 PM.
    01-31-16 10:31 PM

iPhone 5 16GB Black
    Check out the giveaways that they have been doing & probably still are!

Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10.
    01-31-16 10:47 PM
563 ... 1920212223