05-28-16 03:54 PM
563 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Wi-Fi Direct is already available. Check your Wi-Fi settings.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Wi-Fi Direct is due to hardware NOT supported on Z10!!!
    04-30-14 07:09 AM
    Swype/word flow/word trace on the keyboard. The status bar showing at all times while in all apps (Both native or not) option. That would make me ecstatic.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    04-30-14 07:35 AM
    Oh, I would also like the return of the dedicated currency key.

Example: I am in the UK, where we use ... but when i press the currency key, it defaults to $. I have to press and hold and then select . Why can I not set the default to as i am in the UK! Please bring this back.
    04-30-14 12:09 PM
    Replace the search button with a home button that takes you to a personalized screen showing all your current interest such as sports, news, stocks, music, video, etc. I have never used HTC Sense but I suspect it would be similar.
    04-30-14 02:20 PM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests:

• General UI & Hub

1. Swiping across bezels to switch between open apps. And pinch in diagonally from top right and bottom left to close app / or better be Gesture Control Center (check this)
    2. Squircle while loading
    3. Inverted colors option to turn the whole UI of the phone from white to dark and vise versa, call it BlackBerry mode
    4. The old call screen was more unique
    5. More options to facilitate icons sorting, e.g. multi selection of apps to move them together into another page or folder or arrange icons by date installed, name etc
    6. Ability to move a Hub entry to active frame for easier multitasking? e.g. if I have an email open, and I want to open another one but I don't want to search for the email I had open in the first place. So I can send the first email to active frame and open the second.
    7. Would be great if during the initial setup, the user is asked if he right or left handed, to have the position of Hub and scrolling at their ease. e.g. for a left hand user, the position of Hub I think would be more convenient on the right side
    8. Mark as spam option in the email
    9. Control the transparency level of the background of toast notifications, and chose their visual effects
    10. Option to let specific contact phone call / SMS to override the bedside mode
    11. Ability to have a nice summary of the day in the bedside mode screen. e.g. meetings and weather
    12. More color tags in Calendar and Hub
    13. Prompt what to do when there's no more room for another app to be opened. i.e. if I have 8 apps already in active frames and I want to open another app, I want to be prompted to close which of those 8 apps
    14. Customizable UI - give opportunity to graphic designers and artists to create installable theme packs that will change the look and fonts of menus, Hub, pop-up menus, background, ringtones perhaps etc.. It should be done through an official BlackBerry new dedicated community, it could generate source of revenue too.
    15. "Select All" option in specific Hub account for further action
    16. Have all the document work done through Docs to go without minimizing it to open the document editor
    17. 2 fingers swipe from bottom to bring the keyboard with either a text editor or with Remember app, it has to be configured this way.

• System

1. Hibernate mode - could be useful when phone switches off due to empty battery. It's sad if you're writing email or having a good progress in a game and phone just shuts down and you lose all your progress.
    2. Built in system data, SMS, calling monitoring to check, warn, and even stop if configured in this way.
    3. Configurable LED colors
    4. Better Wi-Fi connectivity. It often disconnects, or says limited, or gets disabled!
    5. Ability to remove certain words from what the keyboard has learned. Not all at once.
    6. Redesign the Arabic keyboard layout as the letters are too close to each other
    7. Ability to clear cache or native and Android apps/reset the app
    8. Network data toggle in the quick settings
    9. Sound an alert when battery completes charging
    10. Power button as the only option to power on the phone, not by reinserting the battery for example.
    11. Built in call recorder where applies that doesn't require the speaker to be open
    12. Option to vibrate when call is connected/ended

• Browser

1. Reader mode in browser is an awesome feature! would be nice if to be able to choose a certain part of the page to have in reader mode. e.g. I opened a topic in CB through the browser, and the first reply to the main topic is quite long, so I want to choose only this part in reader mode as when you crop an image like.

• BlackBerry World

1. My purchase apps tab in BlackBerry World apps
    2. Discounted apps of the day, or gone-free apps of the day within BlackBerry World

• Contacts

1. Simplify the contacts app, or address it's issues seriously.
    2. Add GPS coordinates/automatically detect address option in contacts
    3. Ability to choose default / primary number for a contact with multiple numbers
    4. Direct access to "Local Contacts" account, with ability to back it up to .csv and import it back and/or a contacts database that remembers the linked contacts.
    5. High resolution contact pictures in contacts app and in BBM

• BlackBerry Maps

1. Get rid of BlackBerry Maps and acquire TomTom or seriously improve it, navigation in 3D mode is a must.

• BBM

1. A modern and cool, eye-candy look and feel of UI of BBM
    2. Linking the BBID with phone numbers to find friends easier, and don't start a war here please, you could read this first then we could talk: http://us.blackberry.com/
    3. Ability to exchange videos and music files in BBM groups
    4. Remove file size limitations in BBM
    5. "Show what I'm listening to feature" should be limited to music, not voice messages in WhatsApp! Yes, try it out! Play a voice message your friend has sent you on WhatsApp and check your feeds on your friend's BBM, you will see that you was listening to this voice message.
    6. Multiple selection and sending of pictures through BBM
    7. Hashtag and mentioning in BBM groups and channels. Right now clicking on a hashtag or a mention within BBM redirects you to twitter?!
    8. Get notified when a specific BBM contact is available for Call/Video Call (grey icon turning into green invokes an alert) as in Lotus Sametime (Alert me when available option)

• Android

1. Android soft buttons(2 at least) instead of back only button
    2. Google Play Services to literally have 2 in 1 device. And have in the settings this option to be disabled (removal of all Android runtime for users who want 100% native experience).
    3. Try to find a way to let us deny Android apps specific permissions they require.

• Backup

1. BlackBerry users simple cloud for the purposes of hosting contacts, sync calendar, backup app data. I think 2 gigs should be enough, and extra for money, no problem. (old BlackBerry protect!?)
    2. Ability to backup and restore individual apps

• General

1. Custom snooze time of our choice
    2. The ability to choose the function of the middle key between volume rockers, not all users use voice control.

• Music

1. Equalizer, lyric viewer, ID3 edit from within the music player app
    2. Have the music app to look into certain folders for music. Not all the device!

• Camera

1. More photographer tools: iso, shutter speed, exposure, light balance etc
    2. Video size is too big even with @720p.. There has to be a way for smaller size for easier sharing
    3. Pause and resume while video recording
    Last edited by menshawy; 05-01-14 at 10:43 AM.
    05-01-14 07:48 AM
    ^ some great suggestions!

I'm excited for what could be

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    05-01-14 10:13 AM
    The ability to block calls from phone numbers altogether and from unidentified numbers.
    This is so very basic that BlackBerry should have had in their handsets for years now.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8, Doggerz and BionicKris like this.
    05-01-14 02:51 PM
    Any way to remove Sayit from taking over the mute button, maybe a "mic" icon on the bottom bar (hold down in lock screen) or press the lock key twice. It's very annoying not being able to pause media because another app hijacked the button. I've tried to change the settings in Sayit but with no success. I usually have to resort to closing it in the task manager.

Z10
    05-02-14 07:10 AM
    1) Maps... now are usless, i don't need a map when i've got full carrier services and things are working fine. I need maps OFFLINE... so ... you can delete it.
    2) Volumne equalizer.
    3) OS updates provided ONLY by BB, not by carrier.
    moyah8 and EgraM like this.
    05-02-14 02:12 PM
    BBM video / voice calls controlled by Blackberry not by carrier
    05-03-14 03:46 AM
    A gesture or button to open the Reader Mode in the Browser without needing to open the menu to select it. I use it so often, it gets tedious to always open the menu.

And as many have said: add an equalizer to the Music Player, or at least options for Bass and Treble boost.

Posted via CB10
    Hey

You can open Reader Mode when tapping on R button

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:16 AM
    Full landscape mode.

Rebooting needs to start system quicker.
    Third party apps are glitchy and jittery on starting and slow to load up.
    Clock face on connecting charger.

VOICE COMMAND. BIG BIG TIME IMPROVEMENT IS NEEDED. An on the go quick dictating notes or text, email, BBM, while walking, using one hand, makes this function invaluable.

Playing media on the browser, you tube or within other apps needs a big improvement. The player is very slow to load up and buffer. It keeps cutting, little freezes. It certainly needs on screen FFW and REW, and VOLUME CONTROL. Playing videos and media on external devices doesn't seem to work at times with HDMI. Not sure if this a an issue with their party apps or native media player.
    Better Address recognition in apps, calendar, emails, texts and the ability to open in different maps, other than BBRY own.

Big problem with contacts duplicates.
    Permissions need a big time adjustment for the third party apps. These seem to be automatically enabled and it would be a big improvement for BlackBerry to maintain the safety and security of handling personal info.

Equally important is to determine the permission of the mobile data access by different apps as in iOS. The absence of this feature is leaving many with no data to use. I wonder if BlackBerry can give the option for data compression to minimise data consumption.

I wonder if there is a quicker way to turn autocorrection on and off for language. The reason is that it may be really good for English, it can be annoying for other languages like Arabic. I frequently need to use both languages in the same time and it is "too fiddly" to go to setting every time to turn it off.

Some basic apps, really need an improvement. Having a big screen like the Z30, means a better chance to view YouTube and BBC iplayer. Both apps are mere bowser links. Downloading and live streaming are not available on BBC iplayer. Please note other operating systems now have various players for many channels in the UK, like 5 and 4oD, and itvplayer.

The voice calls on BBM need improvement. I tried to call someone who uses the app on a different platform (Samsung), and it was poor. I had to change to viber. Please note that this was the android viber as the BlackBerry viber was clearly a failure.

Finally, I would say that BlackBerry need to think more from an end user angle and point of view. They always pride themselves to work for enterprise. I am a health care professional in the UK, and it was a disappointment for me to see my organisation dis enchanting itself from BlackBerry to windows mobile devices. A very high spec devices with robust build and smooth and secure platform is the key for telecoms. Remember that, these departments would not put up with glitches and battery life, and freezes...etc. As a professional, I would like to have my phone to be a mobile office that is very inclusive, reliable, accessible, smooth, fast.... I don't want to carry many things..i want to carry one device that would save me time, space and energy to be more productive.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I am a health care professional in the US. Z30 is all of what you describe but it doesn't allow for third party Android security apps for hospital/clinic data accessibility, ie Junos Pulse ect. which is critical to my job.

STA-100-3 v10.2.1.2126
    05-04-14 07:48 PM
    And as many have said: add an equalizer to the Music Player, or at least options for Bass and Treble boost.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. We also need to have more volume for playing media. I have tried to show videos to friends while in rooms with low to moderate ambient noise and I have to cup my hand around the base of the phone to try to boost the volume over the noise. What we have now is just not enough. W need it big time.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 08:19 PM
    When I open a bbm or sms/mms or any messages the virtual keyboard automatically comes up, even before I could read a message. It gets kind of annoying when my wife sends me a novel could you make it so the keyboard only comes up when tapping on the empty text field.

Z10
    menshawy likes this.
    05-06-14 09:40 AM
    I'd also like to see the enabling of the long press of the volume key (on the Q's) to change the profile to vibrate.

Again, this is a feature that was their (and loved) on BBOS7.

Posted via CB10 running on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-06-14 12:17 PM
    I accidentally click on the voice command icon all the time. Just get rid of it.
    05-06-14 01:14 PM
    I would like to be able to close an open app without having to hit the 'x' after it's sent to the active frame.

Maybe swipe up from the bottom with two fingers. Or swipe the app from the bottom to the top.

SIAP, but I'm not interested in reading through everything.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 12:09 AM
    OpenVPN

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    05-07-14 01:38 AM
    please release ukrainian language keyboard
    05-07-14 02:28 AM
    You can access Reader Mode by pressing 'R' if you have a Q device.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    If you have a Z you can double swipe from the bottom to show the keyboard and press 'R' too

I would love to have the choice to get rid of the camera button, or place it somewhere else, I open it all the time... the main thing is CUSTOMIZATION

BB10 news - join my channel C000F331C
    AngusH likes this.
    05-07-14 03:16 AM
    Normally I have the rotation lock on. I will like a situation where by i won't have to go to the quick settings to turn off rotation lock when I want to watch a movie in landscape. It should just rotate without me turning off rotation lock.

I also want proper landscape typing. Landscape works on the hub but not on apps like BBM etc. I also want more space to see my conversation in landscape mode

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:26 AM
    I would like to be able to close an open app without having to hit the 'x' after it's sent to the active frame.

Maybe swipe up from the bottom with two fingers. Or swipe the app from the bottom to the top.

SIAP, but I'm not interested in reading through everything.

Posted via CB10
    Swiping with two fingers up from the bottom brings the keyboard, swiping from the bottom till up can frustrate some users as it might minimize the app instead.

I was thinking to pinch in across the phone: index finger starts from up right corner, thump finger starts from low left corner.. same as you zoom out of a picture
    05-07-14 03:38 AM
    That would need two hands to close an app, and I usually use it with just one. I'd prefer swipe up to minimize, then swipe up again to close it (like iO7) or swipe it down (like windows RT)
    Btw I hate that tiny 'X', I miss all the time

05-07-14 06:10 AM
    That would need two hands to close an app, and I usually use it with just one. I'd prefer swipe up to minimize, then swipe up again to close it (like iO7) or swipe it down (like windows RT)
    Btw I hate that tiny 'X', I miss all the time

Or that
    05-07-14 08:14 AM
    Swipe up to close active frames and from side to side to get to the next opened app like in the Playbook.....

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:33 AM
563 ... 1415161718 ...