04-02-18 10:45 PM
308 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    2.8.0.3 now available
    Hi, there is no more lzo.dll in the folder - is it meant that way? Thanks.
    06-21-15 01:27 PM
    Hi, there is no more lzo.dll in the folder - is it meant that way? Thanks.
    It is no longer required. Instead of relying on the dll I ported the code I need into c# so it's part of the exe now

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 01:30 PM
    It is no longer required. Instead of relying on the dll I ported the code I need into c# so it's part of the exe now
    Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    06-21-15 01:38 PM
    Random findings from Linux use on 2.8.0.3.
    Working better on Lubuntu. I am doing an reinstall of 2204 and patched bars now.

Dropping the 2204 folder worked fine for install on Lubuntu, but wouldn't on the Manjaro distro with the Mono 4.
    Code:
    MWF: Exception while dropping:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at DBBTool.BBTool.BBTool_DragDrop (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDragDrop (System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs drgevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DndDrop (System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    One thing I have found is the connections are not constant. This is what terminal showed.
    Code:
    _wapi_connect: error looking up socket handle 0xa
    I got the error just once on Arch (Manjaro).

After I booted from Manjaro into Lubuntu the phone was plugged in already and clicking connect did nothing. Unplugged the phone and then the PW box showed up.

Overall, quicker and smoother with Mono 4 Arch setup. But since I couldn't drop the OS folder so I booted back into Lubuntu to load the bars.

I did some other tasks such as renaming bars, creating a hash, extracting, and all seems ok.

Thank you for us Linux users.
    06-21-15 05:01 PM
    Crashed while loading bars. Was going ok for awhile, 20 minutes or so.

Code:
    Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
    used by your application.
    =================================================================

<unfinished ...>
    +++ killed by SIGABRT (core dumped) +++
    Aborted (core dumped)
    06-21-15 05:08 PM
    2.8.0.3 now available - mainly with full support for mono framework so it'll work under Linux/Mac

Not tested under Mac, and each Linux distribution is a little different, so just let me know if there's things that don't work quite right.

Could you pls., make larger letters? See pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-dbbt.png  
    06-22-15 02:45 AM
    Could you pls., make larger letters? See pic.
    The font will be larger again in the next version.
    bungaboy and Legal Eagle like this.
    06-22-15 07:51 AM
    Hello Darcy. I'm sorry if I am not the first one to make this request. Is it possible to incorporate the ability to Backup your BlackBerry before doing any updates/modifications outside of LINK?

My Link is acting terribly and I haven't been able to do a decent backup. I would love a third-party way on doing reliable backups for my BlackBerry. Your tool does some amazing things already with the OS, so I just wanted to throw that suggestion out there.

Great work with every release, DarcyTallGuy! Thank you for your development.

Please let me know if this request is something you would consider or if you have any suggestions.

c-t
    06-22-15 01:44 PM
    Hello Darcy. I'm sorry if I am not the first one to make this request. Is it possible to incorporate the ability to Backup your BlackBerry before doing any updates/modifications outside of LINK?

My Link is acting terribly and I haven't been able to do a decent backup. I would love a third-party way on doing reliable backups for my BlackBerry. Your tool does some amazing things already with the OS, so I just wanted to throw that suggestion out there.

Great work with every release, DarcyTallGuy! Thank you for your development.

Please let me know if this request is something you would consider or if you have any suggestions.

c-t
    Of course Sachesi will do this for you too. I've looked at it, and more or less have it ready to go, but since this is extremely sensitive dealing with people's data I've been holding it back because I haven't had a chance to fine tune it. If I do ever add it I want to make sure it works 100% so nobody can blame me for losing their data. It's in the works, but I have no ETA and won't be rushing it out the door.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-22-15 02:00 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply! Well, if you ever need a beta tester for that aspect, please do not hesitate to ask me.

For now I will try out Sachesi, but a backup ability (even if it just extracting .bar files straight from the device would be helpful). Of course, having the .bar files and their settings would be even better. The frosting on the cake is all of the data. So it is good to hear that you have something in the works! It would be a natural fit, I think, for your Tools program.

Thanks again!

Of course Sachesi will do this for you too. I've looked at it, and more or less have it ready to go, but since this is extremely sensitive dealing with people's data I've been holding it back because I haven't had a chance to fine tune it. If I do ever add it I want to make sure it works 100% so nobody can blame me for losing their data. It's in the works, but I have no ETA and won't be rushing it out the door.
    06-22-15 02:26 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply! Well, if you ever need a beta tester for that aspect, please do not hesitate to ask me.

For now I will try out Sachesi, but a backup ability (even if it just extracting .bar files straight from the device would be helpful). Of course, having the .bar files and their settings would be even better. The frosting on the cake is all of the data. So it is good to hear that you have something in the works! It would be a natural fit, I think, for your Tools program.

Thanks again!
    Backups are encrypted so the best that can be done in just duplicating what link can do. There's no way to get bar files from your phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 02:52 PM
    When the entire installation is finished it'll reboot the phone. It'll finish the entire installation if there's more than just the wallpaper bar installed. Exactly the same as if there's an OS or a Radio in the installation. It'll finish all files then reboot at the end.
    I'll investigate further. I have a plan B in case this doesn't work. Even a 50% success isn't good enough.

Plan B is just making sure the wallpaper is always last - so even if it fails it won't interrupt the rest.
    Hi Darcy
    I want to upgrade to 10.3.2.840 in my Z10 STL1 from 10.3.1
    In your last version 2.8.0.3.... No exist the problem of "wallpaper file bar"?

No decide yet if use DBTT or Sachesi for upgrade...

Thanks and regards.
    06-23-15 12:29 PM
    Hi Darcy

Thanks and regards.
    He remedied the issue as of a couple versions ago.

Posted via CB10
    ferchu likes this.
    06-23-15 12:30 PM
    Hi Darcy

Thanks and regards.
    One way or another the problem exists. The one fix I had hides the failures half the time and only installs properly the other half.

at the very least DBBT 2.8+ will try install the wallpaper last so even if it fails the rest of the install will work fine.

But if you install the wallpaper at the same time as the OS it should work.
    ferchu likes this.
    06-23-15 12:32 PM
    Dropping the 2204 folder worked fine for install on Lubuntu, but wouldn't on the Manjaro distro with the Mono 4.
    Code:
    MWF: Exception while dropping:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at DBBTool.BBTool.BBTool_DragDrop (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDragDrop (System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs drgevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DndDrop (System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Bug confirmed on pure Arch Linux 64bit running mono 4.0.1.44. Drag and drop also didn't work for files.
    06-24-15 01:26 AM
    Bug confirmed on pure Arch Linux 64bit running mono 4.0.1.44. Drag and drop also didn't work for files.
    I just installed Manjaro for a test environment and was unable to reproduce the problem - it worked perfectly for me. However try 2.8.0.4, I did a lot of fixes to the drag and drop to try make it more resilient.

One thing for linux folders is if you have a path or file with a \ in the name, which is valid in linux, it just won't work. I don't know if I have a way around that.

2.8.0.4 download on dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdakentlq8...8.0.4.zip?dl=0
    petertinh and alaviss like this.
    06-24-15 09:31 AM
    I just installed Manjaro for a test environment and was unable to reproduce the problem - it worked perfectly for me. However try 2.8.0.4, I did a lot of fixes to the drag and drop to try make it more resilient.

One thing for linux folders is if you have a path or file with a \ in the name, which is valid in linux, it just won't work. I don't know if I have a way around that.

2.8.0.4 download on dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdakentlq8...8.0.4.zip?dl=0
    I don't think it is a problem with your tool. Lubuntu drag and drop is fine. My guess it may be a permissions issue since both are running the same file manager.
    Edit: LXDE uses PCManFM and the LXQT uses PCManFM-QT.
    What version of Manjaro are you using? I am going light with LXDE on Ubuntu and LXQT on Manjaro.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 69goat; 06-26-15 at 07:50 AM.
    06-24-15 12:40 PM
    I don't think it is a problem with your tool. Lubuntu drag and drop is fine. My guess it may be a permissions issue since both are running the same file manager.

What version of Manjaro are you using? I am going light with LXDE on Ubuntu and LXQT on Manjaro.

Posted via CB10
    I just downloaded this one for testing
    manjaro-xfce-0.8.13-x86_64.iso

I'll download the lxqt version and give it a try too and see if I can duplicate it.

No matter what though 2.8.0.4 has more error handling
    06-24-15 01:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Duplicated with lxqt. Seems that drag/drop is totally broken using lxqt since it works on manjaro xfce. It triggers the event with no data which should never happen. Let me see if I can find some sort of a workaround now that I can duplicate it. And I'll try a few of the other variants too.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 10:00 PM
    Duplicated with lxqt. Seems that drag/drop is totally broken using lxqt since it works on manjaro xfce. It triggers the event with no data which should never happen. Let me see if I can find some sort of a workaround now that I can duplicate it. And I'll try a few of the other variants too.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like the problem is Qt as I'm using KDE5's Dolphin File Manager on my Arch Linux

EDIT: Confirmed, I tested this with GNOME's Nautilus which is based on GTK3 and it works without any issues. Looks like I have to keep a lightweight non-Qt file manager for this

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Last edited by alaviss; 06-25-15 at 01:41 AM.
    06-25-15 01:29 AM
    Thanks!
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 06-25-15 at 09:30 PM.
    06-25-15 08:43 AM
    Looks like the problem is Qt as I'm using KDE5's Dolphin File Manager on my Arch Linux

EDIT: Confirmed, I tested this with GNOME's Nautilus which is based on GTK3 and it works without any issues. Looks like I have to keep a lightweight non-Qt file manager for this

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Now that it's confirmed I've got some workarounds. First I'm gracefully catching the error now and will just display a generic 'sorry, but drag/drop doesn't work on some systems' type message.

The Add button of course can select multiple bar files at the same time, but I've also added an Add Folder button on the installer page so you can select a folder that way.

I'll do an add file and add folder on the bar file renamer as well so that can work without drag/drop.

That means that drag and drop is more or less optional.

Also on my default installation of LXQT I notice the theme really makes the text hard to read in places so I'm working on a few visible changes as well just basically forcing the text to be black when it's on a white background.

Thank you to everyone who is reporting issues and for the patience while working through them. I really do want to make this as functional as possible even if it doesn't work perfectly the same.
    alaviss and 69goat like this.
    06-25-15 10:28 AM
    2.8.0.5 ready with the recently discussed changes. Mostly just bugfixes for Linux

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnd2yw890r...8.0.5.zip?dl=0
    06-25-15 08:17 PM
    One way or another the problem exists. The one fix I had hides the failures half the time and only installs properly the other half.

at the very least DBBT 2.8+ will try install the wallpaper last so even if it fails the rest of the install will work fine.

But if you install the wallpaper at the same time as the OS it should work.
    Hi Darcy

I can confirm you that the upgrade from 10.3.1.2744 to 10.3.2.840 using DBBT 2.8.0.4 was fantastic without any problems (even with the wallpaper bar) !!!!

thanks
    06-26-15 09:54 AM
    2.8.0.5 has been reported as infected by my Kaspersky AV !
    06-27-15 03:12 AM
308 ... 7891011 ...