04-02-18 10:45 PM
308 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Interesting. xcacha responded with this:
    "The issue is that in my attempts to use OS installs without an OS results in the OS being wiped. I've been aware of the higher permissions and ability to delete system apps and install privileged apps using OS mode but haven't been able to find a solution to using it without a real OS."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    Interesting. I've done this quite a bit recently without an issue so not entirely sure what's happening. I'm not doubting xsacha, but I haven't seen it happen myself. Maybe it's been fixed recently?

If anyone does encounter that then the fix is a core+radio autoloader obviously. Shouldn't actually lose anything by doing that.

And if the issue does pop up I'll disable it as an option.
    06-11-15 04:12 PM
    So unless DBBT 2.7.2.3 wipes your phone by accident, then there's some other fundamental difference between how DBBT and Sachesi do things.

Posted via CB10
    Or xsacha was just doing what xsacha does best - experimenting. It may be that by sticking within strict parameters there's no issue? I'll run some more tests because I have no issues with borking my phone and having to redo it.
    06-11-15 04:19 PM
    Good stuff. Glad to see the effort in actually finding the cause and getting the whole installation process more refined. Do you think you would be able to take a look at what causes the universal search to be messed up after updating non-destructively or using an autoloader then restoring settings when updating from 10.2.x.xxxx to 10.3.x.xxxx? It also seems to affect the remember app, where all entries end up in a folder called unfiled entries and that folder can't seem to be deleted. On over the air installs this doesn't seem to occur. On non-destructive using Sachesi, or Autoloader it happened every single time I updated from 10.2.x.xxxx to 10.3.x.xxxx. I've never tried it with DBBT.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 06-12-15 at 05:44 AM.
    06-11-15 06:04 PM
    I think I've got the fix for the wallpaper bar failing here.

When installing bar files there's 2 modes. OS and bar.

OS means that you're installing an operating system or a radio and bar just means you're installing apps. OS mode always reboots the phone when the installation is complete no matter what was installed, so making sure to use OS mode only when needed is actually fairly important.

Until now that seperation has always worked. But recently problems have been occurring with the installation of the wallpaper bar file. So I finally got around to doing some testing and found the solution.

When it's installed in bar mode it fails with the error "failure 850 execcmd(['/base/bin/umount', '-f', '/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper'], timeout=10) returns 1". When it's installed in OS mode (with an OS/Radio) it succeeds.

What we can take away from this is that in OS mode it's likely given higher permissions so does not fail. Either that or parts of the installation are potentially postponed and ran during the reboot when they can be ran without issues.

So in DBBTool 2.7.2.3 and up an exception is now made - if the wallpaper bar file is detected it does the installation in OS mode. It will no longer fail, but as a side effect it'll also reboot the phone - after all files are installed.

Download links for 2.7.2.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga84je568e...7.2.3.rar?dl=0

or

https://mega.co.nz/#!oMtAARoB!vgi-sd...AsKnyhY7sXlQ7c
    sory Darcy but the whole process went through and after the reboot i checked once again and there's no wallpaper changed. any real solution?
    06-11-15 09:02 PM
    sory Darcy but the whole process went through and after the reboot i checked once again and there's no wallpaper changed. any real solution?
    Just because the bar file is newer doesn't mean there's noticeable changes. The only way to know is to check your wallpaper version by looking at your installed apps.

I think 10.3.2.1480 is the version from 2204.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:07 PM
    Just because the bar file is newer doesn't mean there's noticeable changes. The only way to know is to check your wallpaper version by looking at your installed apps.

I think 10.3.2.1480 is the version from 2204.

Posted via CB10
    just to inform the fix does not work on debrick installations. i managed to change from debrick to core bar and it changes the wallpaper bar. thanks Darcy, nicely done job.
    06-11-15 09:58 PM
    just to inform the fix does not work on debrick installations. i managed to change from debrick to core bar and it changes the wallpaper bar. thanks Darcy, nicely done job.
    I'll investigate further. I have a plan B in case this doesn't work. Even a 50% success isn't good enough.

Plan B is just making sure the wallpaper is always last - so even if it fails it won't interrupt the rest.
    06-11-15 10:01 PM
    Bros, question. I have plugged in my BB 10 device and noticed device info uses old OS version knowing that I have already the latest 10.3.2.

It says like this:
    Logged in to: SQW100-3 (PIN:2XXXXXXX OS type: qc8960(10.3.1.2582), Radio: qc8960.wtr)

Any ideas?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Last edited by jdesignz; 06-17-15 at 03:35 AM.
    06-17-15 03:20 AM
    2.5 released

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rll45922q4...5.0.0.rar?dl=0

Added: List and delete apps on the phone.
    Added: Advanced feature - Automation of deleting apps and ignoring apps during install. 2 seperate lists, but they can use the same syntax. It goes line by line until a match is made then stops looking, so they have to be entered in the proper order.

Note: The main reasons for this are if you've trimmed your install and want to use a blitz installer to upgrade then it can ignore the apps you've already deleted and make for a faster install without first having to break apart the blitz. Or if you use autoloaders frequently and just want a quick way to delete the same apps every time.

Example (with explanations - note that I live in Canada so for english I keep both US and Canda/Great Britain versions in this list):

!sys.data.imf.root (never ignore/delete this)
    !sys.data.imf.en_US (never ignore/delete the english file)
    sys.data.imf (but now delete/ignore all the other imf files)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.EN (never ignore/delete the english files)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.common (never ignore/delete this app)
    !sys.data.nuance_vocon.eng (never ignore/delete the english files)
    !sys.data.nuance_vocon.enu (never ignore/delete the english files)
    sys.data.nuance (but now we can ignore/delete the rest of the nuance files)
    sys.retaildemo (always ignore this when doing installs, or always delete retaildemo)
    sys.firstlaunch

Of course if there's any issues, or suggestions for improvement, let me know.
    Link broken? File not found.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:27 AM
    Bros, question. I have plugged in my BB 10 device and noticed device info uses old OS version knowing that I have already the latest 10.3.2.

It says like this:
    Logged in to: SQW100-3 (PIN:2XXXXXXX OS type: qc8960(10.3.1.2582), Radio: qc8960.wtr)

Any ideas?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    If you update your phone via core/radio autoloaders the autoloader process does not update the lists where this information is obtained from.

Updating via sideloading the bar files should update those lists.

Basically it doesn't seem to affect anything, just shows a wrong version. The version shown on your phone itself is of course the correct one.
    06-17-15 10:11 AM
    Link broken? File not found.

Posted via CB10
    That was an old version. check first post for latest
    06-17-15 10:11 AM
    Hi Darcy
    I have a strange problem that i just can't seem to fix. It was actually referenced back in post #116 by BB_ForMe. I am having a similar issue. He restarted his computer and his problem was fixed. The computer restart did not correct my problem.
    I am running Windows 7 Premium and using DBT 2.7.2.3. I have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed. I have also tried using several of the older versions of DBT and all are doing the same thing.
    I am able to extract the bar file from the Debrick in any of the OS's that i have on my computer.
    When i try and extract the Apps from the bar file, DBT creates the folder, but there are no Apps in it.
    I have used Sachesi to extract the Apps from the same bar that was extracted using DBT and all Apps are extracted.
    Also to note, i extracted the bar from the Debrick from OS 10.3.0.1418, just as an experiment, and was able to extract all the Apps from that bar. I am just not able to Extract the Apps from the 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 OS files.
    Another strange issue is that DBT will show all apps from the bar when i use the "Select Apps" button. When i individually select the Apps, i am able to extract some of them. I have not gone through everyone, but i am able to extract evernote, linkedin, maps, twitter, airtunes. When i tried to extract com.assetscience, foursquare, adobe, facebook and several others, it just flashes to the folder, but nothing is extracted.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think that DBT is a great application and i use it often. If you need any other information from me, please feel free to PM me. Thanks
    06-18-15 06:11 PM
    Hi Darcy
    I have a strange problem that i just can't seem to fix. It was actually referenced back in post #116 by BB_ForMe. I am having a similar issue. He restarted his computer and his problem was fixed. The computer restart did not correct my problem.
    I am running Windows 7 Premium and using DBT 2.7.2.3. I have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed. I have also tried using several of the older versions of DBT and all are doing the same thing.
    I am able to extract the bar file from the Debrick in any of the OS's that i have on my computer.
    When i try and extract the Apps from the bar file, DBT creates the folder, but there are no Apps in it.
    I have used Sachesi to extract the Apps from the same bar that was extracted using DBT and all Apps are extracted.
    Also to note, i extracted the bar from the Debrick from OS 10.3.0.1418, just as an experiment, and was able to extract all the Apps from that bar. I am just not able to Extract the Apps from the 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 OS files.
    Another strange issue is that DBT will show all apps from the bar when i use the "Select Apps" button. When i individually select the Apps, i am able to extract some of them. I have not gone through everyone, but i am able to extract evernote, linkedin, maps, twitter, airtunes. When i tried to extract com.assetscience, foursquare, adobe, facebook and several others, it just flashes to the folder, but nothing is extracted.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think that DBT is a great application and i use it often. If you need any other information from me, please feel free to PM me. Thanks
    I have my theories, and I think you might be running into some windows specific limitations, but I've probably coded things to absorb the error and fail silently to continue working. I'll add some more specific error checking in the app extraction and should have a version that you can test with at least in the next few hours, tomorrow at the latest.

Looking closer I like my theory more and more so I'm going to share it.

Windows has a 256 character limit on any filename. That INCLUDES the entire path.

What you're finding is some of the files you have with the SHORTEST names are working. like maps, twitter, etc. Then you move to assetscience etc, those are longer ones.

So when you have a path like the following - plausible, but your path may be longer.

C:\Users\username\Desktop\DBBTool\Update_10.3.2.22 04\qc8960.factory_sfi_hybrid_qc8974.desktop-10.3.2.2204-nto+armle-v7+signed\qc8960.factory_sfi_hybrid_qc8974.desktop-10.3.2.2204-nto+armle-v7+signed.apps\com.rim.bb.app.retaildemoshim-127.1.0.47.bar

That's 250 characters. If yours is much longer then that's likely the problem you'll be encountering. Some filenames are short enough that the fall under the limit, others might be long enough to be causing the problem.

if you've got a path like that, take some of the folder names and rename them to something nice and short before doing the extraction, and that might solve the problem. Or rename the signed file (or autoloader) that you're trying to extract from to something shorter.

I'll think about how best to hand these errors in the future. And of course if you get a different error then I'll do what I can to fix that too.
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 06-18-15 at 06:54 PM.
    06-18-15 06:25 PM
    Thanks Darcy for the quick reply and explanation. I will try renaming the files and see if they will extract. That makes sense. It would explain why I get a blank folder when extracting all apps, as it is getting hung up on the first file com.assetscience. I will let you know how the renaming and extraction goes.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 & Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2744
    06-19-15 08:39 AM
    I have my theories, and I think you might be running into some windows specific limitations, but I've probably coded things to absorb the error and fail silently to continue working. I'll add some more specific error checking in the app extraction and should have a version that you can test with at least in the next few hours, tomorrow at the latest.

Looking closer I like my theory more and more so I'm going to share it.

Windows has a 256 character limit on any filename. That INCLUDES the entire path.

What you're finding is some of the files you have with the SHORTEST names are working. like maps, twitter, etc. Then you move to assetscience etc, those are longer ones.

So when you have a path like the following - plausible, but your path may be longer.

C:\Users\username\Desktop\DBBTool\Update_10.3.2.22 04\qc8960.factory_sfi_hybrid_qc8974.desktop-10.3.2.2204-nto+armle-v7+signed\qc8960.factory_sfi_hybrid_qc8974.desktop-10.3.2.2204-nto+armle-v7+signed.apps\com.rim.bb.app.retaildemoshim-127.1.0.47.bar

That's 250 characters. If yours is much longer then that's likely the problem you'll be encountering. Some filenames are short enough that the fall under the limit, others might be long enough to be causing the problem.

if you've got a path like that, take some of the folder names and rename them to something nice and short before doing the extraction, and that might solve the problem. Or rename the signed file (or autoloader) that you're trying to extract from to something shorter.

I'll think about how best to hand these errors in the future. And of course if you get a different error then I'll do what I can to fix that too.
    Your theory was absolutely correct. Just in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I renamed the qcfm extracted bar to "qcfm.image.com.BB10_3_2_840.856548.signed". After the file was renamed i was able to open and extract all apps through DBT with no problem. The issue is with windows. File names must be 260 characters or less and directory names must be 248 characters or less.
    Thanks again Darcy. Keep up the great work.
    06-19-15 11:11 AM
    Beta version 2.8.0.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/setkdbvz7y...1Beta.rar?dl=0

Should fix several of the issues with patches.

But because a lot of the code has changed and it hasn't been fully tested I'd consider this to be a beta.

Note: the lzo.dll file is no longer required and is not included.

The major changes being worked on I won't divulge, however if anyone can figure out this clue "mono" and wants to try it out, go right ahead.
    ferchu likes this.
    06-19-15 12:42 PM
    Almost got it fully working...

Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-img_20150619_152548.jpg
    zocster, petertinh and 69goat like this.
    06-19-15 04:30 PM
    @DarcyTallGuy, can you create a bar file for BB10?
    06-19-15 04:37 PM
    Likely not anytime in the near future. That'd require a complete rewrite. Linux/OSX appears to only take minor rewrites at this time. They may be minor, but they're all over the code so it's been a bit of a chore. This is using Mono 3.2.8 on Ubuntu 15.04. Mono 4 might even work better. Mono has come a long way since I last looked at it which made it a lot easier.
    petertinh likes this.
    06-19-15 04:43 PM
    Sure, if you port .NET to BB10.
    tollfeeder, sbmd and petertinh like this.
    06-19-15 05:40 PM
    Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-darcy.png

Seems to work better with my Arch based 32 bit Manjaro distro than Ubuntu 15.04. Crashed on my Lubuntu as soon as I connect the phone. The Arch didn't crash, I extracted some bars, loaded a couple, nothing fancy but it was working. Thank you.
    06-20-15 07:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darcy.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	358709

Seems to work better with my Arch based 32 bit Manjaro distro than Ubuntu 15.04. Crashed on my Lubuntu as soon as I connect the phone. The Arch didn't crash, I extracted some bars, loaded a couple, nothing fancy but it was working. Thank you.
    Good to know there's confirmation that it works. I know about the phone not connecting in 2.8.0.1. I hadn't had a chance to get everything working yet. But 2.8.0.2 has a lot more changes specifically to get some of those things working in Linux.

One of the biggest issues was the phone being plugged in or unplugged as you found. but I'm still working on that and I have workarounds for almost everything already.

Was your Arch distro on mono 3.2.8 or 4? I've been testing on 3.2.8 just because it seems 4 isn't really mainstream yet in all distros.

Keep letting me know of any issues though. I'll fix them if I haven't already. It's hard to test and catch everything myself.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 06-20-15 at 08:14 PM.
    06-20-15 08:04 PM
    Was your Arch distro on mono 3.2.8 or 4? I've been testing on 3.2.8 just because it seems 4 isn't really mainstream yet in all distros.
    Arch Mono Version 4.0.1.44-1

Keep letting me know of any issues though. I'll fix them if I haven't already. It's hard to test and catch everything myself.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't try everything yet. Probably tomorrow I will have some more time. Thank you.
    06-20-15 08:44 PM
    Arch Mono Version 4.0.1.44-1
    I thought so. I haven't tested yet, but of course I expect so much more to work on mono4. But I'm still aiming for 3.2.8 compatibility, but this means in at least one spot I'll be able to say if running on 4 then to do it one way, but if running on 3 do it the other way.

Check back tomorrow, I expect to have 2.8.0.2 available with all the various bug fixes I've done.
    69goat likes this.
    06-20-15 08:57 PM
    2.8.0.3 now available - mainly with full support for mono framework so it'll work under Linux/Mac

Not tested under Mac, and each Linux distribution is a little different, so just let me know if there's things that don't work quite right.
    daniel337, tryfe, 69goat and 2 others like this.
    06-21-15 11:22 AM
308 ... 678910 ...