04-02-18 10:45 PM
308 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Well, looks like I learned something today. I disabled the maximize button entirely because the typical resize is useless.

BUT... I put in a zoom control at the top left (it saves your zoom setting too). If I change the font size on the top level form it flows down to the rest of the form and resizes more or less everything. Like a true zoom. Had to fix a few small issues were I was depending too much on the size never changing, but that wasn't too bad. 2.7.1.6 has this, try it out and let me know if there's any issues.

Dropbox link here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5nwpv95w6...7.1.6.rar?dl=0

updating main post in a few minutes.
    Many thanks for the fast response.

Works like a dream and much easier on the eye.
    05-08-15 09:39 AM
    Hi Darcy,
    When i check OS, DBBT alway show error and i cant check OS. I'm using newest built. Please fix it. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-capture.png  
    05-08-15 06:31 PM
    Hi Darcy,
    When i check OS, DBBT alway show error and i cant check OS. I'm using newest built. Please fix it. Thanks
    Ah, select your phone in top right. I check for that error only when hitting the upgrade checks, but that's also required for the SW versions and I didn't check it there. I'll fix that.
    petertinh likes this.
    05-08-15 06:38 PM
    Ah, select your phone in top right. I check for that error only when hitting the upgrade checks, but that's also required for the SW versions and I didn't check it there. I'll fix that.
    Waiting for you fix it. I'm back to use 2.7.1.5. Thanks for reply.
    05-08-15 06:43 PM
    Waiting for you fix it. I'm back to use 2.7.1.5. Thanks for reply.
    Should be fixed in 2.7.1.7 now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81ip2g4d0g...7.1.7.rar?dl=0
    petertinh, tryfe and daniel337 like this.
    05-08-15 06:51 PM
    Now working fine. Good jobs.
    05-08-15 07:00 PM
    Hmm trying to run you tool on Windows 10 insider preview and it won't open/not compatible. Oh well I guess I have to wait for the compatible version then.
    06-03-15 09:45 PM
    Hmm trying to run you tool on Windows 10 insider preview and it won't open/not compatible. Oh well I guess I have to wait for the compatible version then.
    One of my computers is on Windows 10 build 1130, and I've ran it on almost every build. I know others that are running Windows 10 too. Is there any error messages?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:41 PM
    One of my computers is on Windows 10 build 1130, and I've ran it on almost every build. I know others that are running Windows 10 too. Is there any error messages?

Posted via CB10
    well here's what I got on my windows:
    Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-untitled.png

I'm running windows 10 insider preview 10130
    06-03-15 11:05 PM
    well here's what I got on my windows:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	615 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	355926

I'm running windows 10 insider preview 10130
    Try this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy00lkfwwt...7.2.1.rar?dl=0

That would have been my fault for version 2.7.2.0... I switched it to build for 64 bit while trying a different feature out - fixed one problem but caused more. Guess I forgot to switch the release build back to x86.

This one is back to x86.
    Uzi, petertinh and hendrali like this.
    06-03-15 11:11 PM
    Try this one

That would have been my fault for version 2.7.2.0... I switched it to build for 64 bit while trying a different feature out - fixed one problem but caused more. Guess I forgot to switch the release build back to x86.

This one is back to x86.
    Will it work on 64bit Windows 8.1?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 11:15 PM
    Will it work on 64bit Windows 8.1?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    Yes, 64 bit OS will run 32 bit(x86) programs, but 32 bit OS can't run 64 bit programs.

It has always been a 32 bit program, just this last build was screwed up.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    06-03-15 11:17 PM
    Try this one

This one is back to x86.
    Ok Thanks. I will try this out soon.
    06-03-15 11:29 PM
    I think I've got the fix for the wallpaper bar failing here.

When installing bar files there's 2 modes. OS and bar.

OS means that you're installing an operating system or a radio and bar just means you're installing apps. OS mode always reboots the phone when the installation is complete no matter what was installed, so making sure to use OS mode only when needed is actually fairly important.

Until now that seperation has always worked. But recently problems have been occurring with the installation of the wallpaper bar file. So I finally got around to doing some testing and found the solution.

When it's installed in bar mode it fails with the error "failure 850 execcmd(['/base/bin/umount', '-f', '/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper'], timeout=10) returns 1". When it's installed in OS mode (with an OS/Radio) it succeeds.

What we can take away from this is that in OS mode it's likely given higher permissions so does not fail. Either that or parts of the installation are potentially postponed and ran during the reboot when they can be ran without issues.

So in DBBTool 2.7.2.3 and up an exception is now made - if the wallpaper bar file is detected it does the installation in OS mode. It will no longer fail, but as a side effect it'll also reboot the phone - after all files are installed.

Download links for 2.7.2.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga84je568e...7.2.3.rar?dl=0

or

https://mega.co.nz/#!oMtAARoB!vgi-sd...AsKnyhY7sXlQ7c
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 06-11-15 at 09:49 AM.
    06-11-15 09:24 AM
    I think I've got the fix for the wallpaper bar failing here.

When installing bar files there's 2 modes. OS and bar.

OS means that you're installing an operating system or a radio and bar just means you're installing apps. OS mode always reboots the phone when the installation is complete no matter what was installed, so making sure to use OS mode only when needed is actually fairly important.

Until now that seperation has always worked. But recently problems have been occurring with the installation of the wallpaper bar file. So I finally got around to doing some testing and found the solution.

When it's installed in bar mode it fails with the error "failure 850 execcmd(['/base/bin/umount', '-f', '/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper'], timeout=10) returns 1". When it's installed in OS mode (with an OS/Radio) it succeeds.

What we can take away from this is that in OS mode it's likely given higher permissions so does not fail. Either that or parts of the installation are potentially postponed and ran during the reboot when they can be ran without issues.

So in DBBTool 2.7.2.3 and up an exception is now made - if the wallpaper bar file is detected it does the installation in OS mode. It will no longer fail, but as a side effect it'll also reboot the phone.

or

Thanks
    One question, the reboot of the phone, when happens? (finished install, when detected wallpaper.bar,...) and, what happens with the rest of installation?
    Regards
    06-11-15 09:34 AM
    Thanks
    One question, the reboot of the phone, when happens? (finished install, when detected wallpaper.bar,...) and, what happens with the rest of installation?
    Regards
    When the entire installation is finished it'll reboot the phone. It'll finish the entire installation if there's more than just the wallpaper bar installed. Exactly the same as if there's an OS or a Radio in the installation. It'll finish all files then reboot at the end.
    ferchu likes this.
    06-11-15 09:36 AM
    Hi Darcy

I see that the latest version has shrunk in Window size after you did the larger version a little while ago.

Also, will we be Window 10 compatible with existing versions or will you need to compile a new release ?

Thanks as always

Legal
    06-11-15 09:58 AM
    Hi Darcy

I see that the latest version has shrunk in Window size after you did the larger version a little while ago.

Also, will we be Window 10 compatible with existing versions or will you need to compile a new release ?

Thanks as always

Legal
    I'm running Windows 10 now so it always should be compatible. There was just one build where 32/64 bit compatibility was an issue, but I was only trying to get a specific feature to work. But that feature is more or less stalled because I can't make an exe file greater than 2GB with 32 bit .NET apps, but I can't go 64 bit without losing some existing functionality and making it not work for some people. So that particular issue won't happen again.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-11-15 10:07 AM
    So in DBBTool 2.7.2.3 and up an exception is now made - if the wallpaper bar file is detected it does the installation in OS mode. It will no longer fail, but as a side effect it'll also reboot the phone - after all files are installed.

or

That did the job well. Thanks!!!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-11-15 10:21 AM
    If you let me know what needs to be changed, I am willing to experiment with Sachesi for Linux.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:32 AM
    If you let me know what needs to be changed, I am willing to experiment with Sachesi for Linux.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    The explanation is in post 164 above this one specifically so anyone who wants to can try fix Sachesi too. Figure out where Sachesi determines if it's os or bar mode (it has to do this already), then figure out how to detect if the wallpaper is being installed, then force the installation to be os mode.
    06-11-15 10:53 AM
    The explanation is in post 164 above this one specifically so anyone who wants to can try fix Sachesi too. Figure out where Sachesi determines if it's os or bar mode (it has to do this already), then figure out how to detect if the wallpaper is being installed, then force the installation to be os mode.
    OK. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 11:43 AM
    OK. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Brought it up as an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/issues/61
    69goat and tollfeeder like this.
    06-11-15 02:39 PM
    Brought it up as an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/issues/61
    Interesting. xsacha responded with this:
    "The issue is that in my attempts to use OS installs without an OS results in the OS being wiped. I've been aware of the higher permissions and ability to delete system apps and install privileged apps using OS mode but haven't been able to find a solution to using it without a real OS."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    06-11-15 04:04 PM
    Interesting. xsacha responded with this:
    "The issue is that in my attempts to use OS installs without an OS results in the OS being wiped. I've been aware of the higher permissions and ability to delete system apps and install privileged apps using OS mode but haven't been able to find a solution to using it without a real OS."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    So unless DBBT 2.7.2.3 wipes your phone by accident, then there's some other fundamental difference between how DBBT and Sachesi do things.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 04:11 PM
308 ... 56789 ...