04-02-18 11:45 PM
308 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Good to know I didn't waste your time. I love your program, I find it installs an OS faster and more reliably than Sachesi. I often have connection issues with Sachesi, where it starts to load the bars, then just quits. Only one thing that would be awesome, is if you could add the ability to drag and drop an entire folder, instead of having to highlight all the files and hitting open. Right now, you can only drag and drop individual bar files. Other than that, it works great. Oh, only one other issue I have had, is installing the flashbrowser bar (the one that Filehaven repackaged to bring back flash in OS 10.3.1). It says that it isn't a valid bar file, but Sachesi installs it no problem. That's the one and only time I haven't been able to install a bar with your program.
    Send me a link so I can download and test it.

And I'll look at adding folder support for the installer, shouldn't be too difficult.
    04-20-15 10:53 AM
    04-20-15 11:04 AM
    Version 1.0.0.23 seems to have a problem. I'm still tracking it down but it appears to be a problem with the zip file library reading the zip file itself. Something about extended date properties. 1.0.0.24 works just fine though, so get the newest version and I'll still try figure out if the error the zip library is throwing is relevant or if I can bypass and ignore it.
    04-20-15 11:19 AM
    I didn't know there was a newer version. OK thanks, will do.
    04-20-15 11:21 AM
    I can't install the packages from the 10.3.2.500 Blitz for Z10 using 2.6.0.9. The app can't read the bar files it seems. No problem with Sachesi, so it's not a problem with the files.

One example:
    accounts-10.3.2.31-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar
    04-20-15 05:06 PM
    I can't install the packages from the 10.3.2.500 Blitz for Z10 using 2.6.0.9. The app can't read the bar files it seems. No problem with Sachesi, so it's not a problem with the files.

One example:
    accounts-10.3.2.31-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar
    On the installer - try hitting the 'verify bar' button. it even checks the checksums of the individual files against the manifest and should tell what sort of problems there are.

I don't have much time to test right now, but I'll download and test some as soon as I get a chance.
    04-20-15 05:10 PM
    Yep, I did
    "***accounts-10.3.2.31-nto+armle-v7+signed.barNot a valid bar file"

The bar file can be unpacked just fine, so it must be the manifest checksum which doesn't match.

Don't worry too much, it's not urgent, just strange
    04-20-15 05:14 PM
    Try using the Bar File renamer on them?
    04-20-15 06:19 PM
    Try using the Bar File renamer on them?
    I din't think about that, but yeah, if DBBT checks the filename, then that could be as simple as that...
    04-20-15 06:26 PM
    Yep, I did
    "***accounts-10.3.2.31-nto+armle-v7+signed.barNot a valid bar file"

The bar file can be unpacked just fine, so it must be the manifest checksum which doesn't match.

Don't worry too much, it's not urgent, just strange
    Where the heck did you get that bar file from? There's something weird about it for sure. There 84 entries for the directory META-INF. not the files within it, but the directory itself. Any program that still reads that is very good on it's error checking.

I know it's not the file downloaded directly from BB, I looked at it and it was just fine. Extracted from a debrick? Using Sachesi? I couldn't duplicate that using the library I use.

The library I was using to work with zip files was running into problems with so many duplicates. After about 6 duplicates it was calling the file bad (I think they meant 25 duplicates, but it used 1 for the first one, 2 for the 2nd, 3 for the 3rd, and so on, so after 6 it was already up to 20 on it's count). I worked it out that I can ignore duplicate directories, and fixed the counting issue. So in the future it'll work if the same odd zip files are used. Versions above 2.6.0.9 will have this fix in it.

Odd, this is the 2nd issues today in the zip library I was using.
    04-20-15 08:27 PM
    I know it's not the file downloaded directly from BB, I looked at it and it was just fine. Extracted from a debrick? Using Sachesi? I couldn't duplicate that using the library I use.

The library I was using to work with
    Looking at it closer, it's not a Sachesi generated file either. The filename shows it come direct from BB, but it doesn't match the file I've seen. The copy I have does not have the duplicate entry issues.
    04-20-15 08:42 PM
    That bar files contains translated MANIFESTs . It could be a bar file coming from a 127 OS.
    From the manifest itself
    Code:
    Package-Locale: en,af,ar,ca,cs,da,de,el,en_GB,es,eu,fi,fr,gl,he,hi,hr,hu,id,it,ja,kl,ko,ms,nb,nl,pl,pt,pt_BR,ro,ru,sv,th,tr,vi,zh_CN,zh_TW
    If you only check MANIFEST.MF, you should be fine, no?
    04-21-15 07:40 AM
    That bar files contains translated MANIFESTs . It could be a bar file coming from a 127 OS.
    From the manifest itself
    Code:
    Package-Locale: en,af,ar,ca,cs,da,de,el,en_GB,es,eu,fi,fr,gl,he,hi,hr,hu,id,it,ja,kl,ko,ms,nb,nl,pl,pt,pt_BR,ro,ru,sv,th,tr,vi,zh_CN,zh_TW
    If you only check MANIFEST.MF, you should be fine, no?
    This is in the format of the bar file itself, not the files within it. I was running into exceptions just trying to read the file never mind it's contents.

A zip file had a directory. basically a list of all the files contained within it. Here's a small portion of that.

Darcy's BlackBerry Tools-untitled.png

The top half contains entries for the various manifest languages. Each entry actually begins with the PK then had various things like compression methods, size, location in the file, and so on. The file name is last (that's why it looks like each file name has a PK on the end, but it doesn't, the PK is the beginning of the next entry). The bottom half is entries that are just saying that the META-INF directory exists. duplicated. And it goes on and on. Here's the list cleaned up - via debug output when I'm reading the file.

Code:
    META-INF/MANIFEST_th.bbr
    META-INF/MANIFEST_tr.bbr
    META-INF/MANIFEST_vi.bbr
    META-INF/MANIFEST_zh_CN.bbr
    META-INF/MANIFEST_zh_TW.bbr
    META-INF/RDK.EC
    META-INF/RDK.SF
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    META-INF/
    .... lots more....
    META-INF/
    Entries like that are technically irrelevant unless there's an empty directory in the archive because each filename contains the directory name it's located in already. But having 84 duplicate entries... that's a bit extreme. I don't even know how that was done.
    04-21-15 09:28 AM
    Not sure how that bar was created, but there must indeed be a problem with the zip library you're using because both unrar and the BlackBerry OS can unpack those files.
    04-21-15 09:33 AM
    Not sure how that bar was created, but there must indeed be a problem with the zip library you're using because both unrar and the BlackBerry OS can unpack those files.
    That's exactly the problem. The library I'm using is a bit too literal in how it handles errors like this. Other programs/libraries seem to handle these specific errors better. I'm taking steps to correct it and I've already got it working. It'll be working in the next version I release. My code is just tied so closely to this library it's easier for me to fix this error than it is for me try change libraries, however that is still an option for the future.
    04-21-15 09:40 AM
    V2.7.0.1 Latest Version Requires .NET Framework 4.5+

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ogip15ddj...7.0.1.rar?dl=0

2.7.0.1 - bar file format handling fixed - ignores duplicate folders - ignores 'extra' fields - some unix date problems
    improved installer logging
    folder support to drag drop in various places - bar file comparing, installer, and renamer
    - folder support is drag/drop only for now. .NET does not have a good open file/folder dialog. it's one or the other, but not both.
    Bar Renamer - ability to undo last rename operation.
    update checking using device - retrieves MCC, MNC, device ID, software from phone.
    latest CAP version included.
    Last edited by usman_hidayat19; 04-27-15 at 09:51 PM.
    Uzi, zocster, tryfe and 3 others like this.
    04-27-15 09:37 PM
    04-27-15 09:55 PM
    2.7.1.5 now available
    * More control and options with update downloads, better download user interface.
    * Download accelerator - faster downloads on fast connections.
    * Can choose what device radio/OS to download no matter what you search for.

Download from Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl85aw5p6f...7.1.5.rar?dl=0

MEGA Mirror https://mega.co.nz/#!NJUDwYbR!6KCAQd...JKx9HqbkZZ5w70
    petertinh, zocster, tryfe and 2 others like this.
    05-05-15 08:39 PM
    Good job.
    05-05-15 08:45 PM
    Hey Darcy, just thought I'd let you know. The download links in the OP are updated to the latest version, but it still says that 2.7.0.1 is the latest version.
    05-05-15 09:29 PM
    Hey Darcy, just thought I'd let you know. The download links in the OP are updated to the latest version, but it still says that 2.7.0.1 is the latest version.
    Thanks. Fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:31 PM
    No problem. Great work as usual.
    05-05-15 09:33 PM
    Hi Darcy

Many thanks for continuing to develop your software especially now that Sachesi seems to be stagnating.

Just one request to help my tired eyes.

When maximising the window, would it be possible for you to make the UI go "full screen" rather than remaining its initial size in the top left hand corner of the window ?

Would just make the tool a little more user friendly.

Thanks again.
    05-08-15 05:38 AM
    Hi Darcy

Many thanks for continuing to develop your software especially now that Sachesi seems to be stagnating.

When maximising the window, would it be possible for you to make the UI go "full screen" rather than remaining its initial size in the top left hand corner of the window ?

Thanks again.
    .NET Winforms applications are not resize-friendly. If I was thinking I probably would have started with WPF instead and that's got a lot more options when it comes to a dynamic UI.

But I see your point, I think I can resize it to be at least a bit bigger. Might even be able to make it a bit more resize-friendly, but it won't be perfect.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-08-15 08:53 AM
    Hi Darcy

Thanks again.
    Well, looks like I learned something today. I disabled the maximize button entirely because the typical resize is useless.

BUT... I put in a zoom control at the top left (it saves your zoom setting too). If I change the font size on the top level form it flows down to the rest of the form and resizes more or less everything. Like a true zoom. Had to fix a few small issues were I was depending too much on the size never changing, but that wasn't too bad. 2.7.1.6 has this, try it out and let me know if there's any issues.

Dropbox link here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5nwpv95w6...7.1.6.rar?dl=0

updating main post in a few minutes.
    Legal Eagle and tryfe like this.
    05-08-15 10:23 AM
308 ... 45678 ...