04-02-18 10:45 PM
308 ... 910111213
tools
    Had not used the official site as a source of files for a while and just saw the parallel downloading you've implemented. Impressed! Keep up the good work
    09-10-15 05:39 PM
    Starting at version 2.8 now mostly works on Linux - and theoretically Mac too but I have no way of testing.

Requires .NET Framework 4.5+ for Windows OR Mono 3.2.8+ for Linux/Mac

For Linux/Mac Mono version 4 or higher is highly recommended for more consistent reliable results. Install Mono | Mono

V3.1.0.1 Latest Version

Download from Dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsh9vxif0a...1.0.1.rar?dl=0

MEGA Mirror
    https://mega.co.nz/#!pUtXzRhI!rhTSel...nVqRm3Mxb4DzB8

V1.9.0.4 (Last Version for Windows XP)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lj1qbone8e...9.0.4.rar?dl=0

Standard Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for loss of any data especially with backups. If you're unsure, please stick with using Link to create your backups.

License and other credit stuff

Main Features

• Sideload (install) Bar files - does not require development mode
    • All the file extraction from autoloaders
    • Detects if an OS is for OMAP (STL100-1), qc8960 (Z10, Z30, Q10, etc) or qc8974 (Passport only at this time)
    • Extract specific apps only
    • Compare loaders/blitz packages and extract changed apps
    • Split Autoloaders
    • Build Autoloaders - directly from BAR files that contain the signed files if they're available
    • Search for Updates and Software Release Versions.
    • Option to auto-install when downloading update files
    • eScreen Code generation
    • Delete apps from the phone
    • Lists of apps to ignore/delete for automation purposes
    • Can talk to multiple phones
    • Backup/Restore

-----------
    Darcy,
    I downloaded all the prerequisites, downloaded the .rar file you linked above for DBBT (Linux), unpacked it, and ended up with an .exe version of your program that I cannot open on Linux. What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Gary
    09-30-15 09:22 AM
    Darcy,
    I downloaded all the prerequisites, downloaded the .rar file you linked above for DBBT (Linux), unpacked it, and ended up with an .exe version of your program that I cannot open on Linux. What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Gary
    Depending on your Linux Distro you may be able to double-click from a file explorer window (if you use Ubuntu and installed mono from the Ubuntu repositories), or you may need to run mono from the terminal like "mono DBBTool.exe"
    09-30-15 09:38 AM
    Depending on your Linux Distro you may be able to double-click from a file explorer window (if you use Ubuntu and installed mono from the Ubuntu repositories), or you may need to run mono from the terminal like "mono DBBTool.exe"
    Mono is all definitely installed. Is the command you posted above exactly as I should run it in the terminal? I'm getting "cannot open assembly" error when I run that. (I'm not real solid with the terminal command stuff!) : )
    09-30-15 11:25 AM
    Mono is all definitely installed. Is the command you posted above exactly as I should run it in the terminal? I'm getting "cannot open assembly" error when I run that. (I'm not real solid with the terminal command stuff!) : )
    Where I put "mono DBBTool.exe" you'll have to change that to obviously point towards the actual DBBTool file wherever you placed it. Like "mono ~/downloads/DBBTool.exe" or change to the directory first.

Honestly I don't use Linux on a regular basis so don't even have a machine to test on right now.
    09-30-15 11:35 AM
    Where I put "mono DBBTool.exe" you'll have to change that to obviously point towards the actual DBBTool file wherever you placed it. Like "mono ~/downloads/DBBTool.exe" or change to the directory first.

Honestly I don't use Linux on a regular basis so don't even have a machine to test on right now.
    GOT IT! Thank You!!
    Last question, two other icons were also created: cap.exe and BBToolDeviceListItem.xml. Do I need to place these anywhere special?
    Thanks again for your help, service to the community, and great software!
    Gary
    09-30-15 11:44 AM
    GOT IT! Thank You!!
    Last question, two other icons were also created: cap.exe and BBToolDeviceListItem.xml. Do I need to place these anywhere special?
    Thanks again for your help, service to the community, and great software!
    Gary
    Just in the same location as the exe file. CAP is only needed to create autoloaders, so it can be deleted if you're never going to create an autoloader, but the other one has device info for things like file downloads and device upgrade checks so it's a lot more important.
    09-30-15 11:57 AM
    I downloaded and extracted the .rar file and there's only some windows .exe files and a devices list. You said this works on Linux, which is the version I'm looking for. Did I miss something ?
    02-07-16 01:49 PM
    I downloaded and extracted the .rar file and there's only some windows .exe files and a devices list. You said this works on Linux, which is the version I'm looking for. Did I miss something ?
    If you have mono installed you can run the exe. Some distributions you can just open the exe directly, others you may have to run 'mono dbbtool.exe'

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 01:54 PM
    If you have mono installed you can run the exe. Some distributions you can just open the exe directly, others you may have to run 'mono dbbtool.exe'

Thank you - jumped the gun earlier and didn't read above. Will try now.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 02:36 PM
    I'm on Linux Mint 17.03. I can't run the .exe directly. On the first try running command in my terminal I got this:

The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
    It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll'
    directory.

I installed mono 2.0, not a big deal. Second try to run from command in terminal I got this output:

Missing method EnableVisualStyles in assembly /home/branwerks/DBBT3.1.0.1/DBBTool.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Any ideas ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 02-07-16 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    02-07-16 02:52 PM
    @ above

I think there's something missing in Mono. You can try to figure out which specific Mono package is missing, or:

Code:
    # apt install mono-complete
    02-07-16 06:59 PM
    $ sudo apt-get install mono-complete got DBBT running on my machine. Thank You.
    02-07-16 08:18 PM
    Thank you Darcy...
    10-26-16 02:57 AM
    Hello! After entering password of my phone I saw button "connect" again. What can i do?
    10-31-16 04:58 PM
    Have you installed blackberry drivers on your computer?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 04:50 AM
    Sames apps Androids no connect Internet again. 10.3.3.2049, 2163 and 2205.
    Who know that problem or a fixer? Thanks.
    01-24-17 02:13 PM
    Guys,

I've downloaded everything as OP explained for my Fedora 25 distrib. Launch
    Code:
    mono DDBTool.exe
    , Browse for debrick and core OS and when I push build, I got :

Exception Attempted to divide by zero

Any help ?
    Last edited by mousse04; 01-25-17 at 04:41 AM.
    01-25-17 04:24 AM
    Darcy, I just downloaded DBBT on my desktop running Windows 10, but I am unable to open it. Windows appears to recognize the download as an unsupported Adobe Acrobat file. Please advise, as I need DBBT to backup and restore my Blackberry Classic. Thanks. JB
    03-01-17 12:04 AM
    Darcy, I just downloaded DBBT on my desktop running Windows 10, but I am unable to open it. Windows appears to recognize the download as an unsupported Adobe Acrobat file. Please advise, as I need DBBT to backup and restore my Blackberry Classic. Thanks. JB
    Did you unzip the files to a folder?
    03-01-17 01:57 PM
    No, because I am an *****. I will try to unzip them tonight. Thanks.
    03-01-17 05:43 PM
    Darcy, thank you for the great program.

I was able to unzip the program, and I used it to backup my original Classic before I wiped it clean and returned it to Verizon. My new replacement Classic is fully operable and greatly appreciated. Since Blackberry Link apparently does not work on Windows 10, I am thankful for this backup alternative.
    03-05-17 01:04 PM
    You may have already answered this @DarcyTallGuy , but I'm getting this status message after attempting a Backup:

"Loading Backup information... Unable to start backup, invalid XML. Nothing to backup"

Backup Manager-->Create Backup From Phone

Logged into my phone with the password with no issues. Displayed installed apps with no issues too, so there is proper connectivity between my PC and the BB. I am running .NET 4.6.2 or better.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
    03-06-17 01:13 PM
    Darcy, I just noticed that last week when I used the DBBT to backup my damaged Classic and "restore" my new replacement Classic, I was not able to restore my Notes. Does the DBBT backup the Notes? Can I still restore them from the backup? Would i need to wipe the new Classic and startover with the DBBT backup file? Unfortunately, I already returned the damaged Classic to Verizon. Thank you for your help.
    03-08-17 04:39 PM
    Please be advised, Blackberry Link apparently does not work on Windows 10 as well as 7 if you have iTunes 12.5 installed. If so, search for and rename or delete the iTunesPref.xml file located in the current user profile folder, eg. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes, where username would be the actual username logged on in Windows.
    03-10-17 06:50 PM
308 ... 910111213