12-25-13 07:57 PM
214 ... 789
tools
    Thank you D'Arcy and all the others who worked hard on these leaks. I have installed just about all of them with no major issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:06 PM
    Can I start a petition for Darcy to remain actively active? Will that work? If I get a million users to sign a "Please stay Darcy" Petition?

We need every genius like Darcy to stay active on CrackBerry
    12-10-13 06:13 AM
    Thanks Darcy for all your hard work.

I think we as an online community really need to take a good long hard look at how we are behaving.

Think before you post.

Z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.1055 DTAC 3G
    mopar_fxr and Mecca EL like this.
    12-10-13 10:57 AM
    Thanks Darcy for all your hard work.

I think we as an online community really need to take a good long hard look at how we are behaving.

Think before you post.

Z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.1055 DTAC 3G
    I'm so lost, what happened?
    12-10-13 09:51 PM
    go to page #7
    12-10-13 10:34 PM
    go to page #7
    Yeah I saw that post by Darcy but it didn't go into what happened.... I guess all of that is inconsequential; the most important thing is he is leaving (or has left) and we need him to stay active
    Last edited by bounce007; 12-11-13 at 12:53 PM.
    PJD642 likes this.
    12-11-13 09:07 AM
    Yeah I saw that post by Darcy but it didn't go into what happened.... I guess all of that is inconsequential; the most important thing is he leaving and we need him to stay active
    What happened is not as important as the fact that with the events the community lost out on a great contributor to us.

Sent from my mind controlled Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.1829 Get off my nuts
    LP_Rigg, PJD642, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    12-11-13 11:00 AM
    I had fun. I was the first to release a tool to extract files from an autoloader. Yes Sacha did know how to do it, but he never released that info until after I did. Then Sacha and I went on a fun little race of discoveries and releases, seeing who could release features first and find more to add to the programs. My initial release spurred some competition and got lots of new features for the community.

I did all this with no expectation of monetary compensation. I never had a donation link, I even just turned down someone who wanted my paypal address so he could give me enough to buy a whole new phone (as a straight out gift, not even a bribe to return). And no matter what anyone ever said BerryLeaks members never wanted to be paid for what we did either. We were all volunteers.

The problem was as many of you guessed, the forums, and even a minority of people at that. Within minutes of the BerryLeaks (yes BerryLicious, I used the full name instead of BL, are you happy?) disbanding announcement mods were already being involved in the thread doing cleanup because of the hatred being shown. I wasn't very active in the forums over the months because of this sentiment but today just pushed me over the edge.

Whatever versions you have will continue to work, there's no built in kill switches or anything stupid like that, but there'll be no more updates, no more fun little discoveries from me (like the Porsche Design Clock!)

If CB wants to rehost the final versions of my program then I'm fine with that, if CB wants the source code to pass onto another programmer to maintain and update, then they can contact me, I am open to that. But ultimately there's very little that my little program can do that Sachesi cannot, so I know I'm not leaving the community with nothing.

I am still a Blackberry user, I am not running out to buy a nexus 5 and join the android community, or anything stupid like that. I am BlackBerry loyal to the end. I may be back in the forums in a few weeks, or a few months, but for now (to those who deserve it) farewell.
    I hate the see the miscreants who make things difficult for the majority of users "win". With every departure of valued contributors, our community loses out on their knowledge and contributions. On the other hand, I wish valued contributors such as yourself would be encouraged by the support of the majority who appreciate all that you do and not give in to those who seek to spread negativity and do not contribute anything of value. I really hope after stepping away for a while that you and others will return. Always remember there are more that are with you than there are against you. In the meantime, thank you for your contributions; I am enjoying my phone because of valued contributors like yourself.
    12-11-13 06:47 PM
    Hi Darcy,

I want to thank you for all your time and effort. It was a fun ride waiting to see what extra rabbit you and xsacha would be getting out of the hat.... It's sad to see you leave, as we as a community are diminished as a whole when people like you feel the need to go.

It's good to know that you're still a BB fan as all of us here should be....

Hope to see you around in the near future.

All the best.

FabianR
    LillyFox likes this.
    12-12-13 05:24 AM
    Darcy i know you are not here anymore , but if you do come back....thanks! your tool just helped me extract a bar file i needed.
    blakobecwa likes this.
    12-23-13 09:35 PM
    It really sucks Darcy's gone.... : (

This tool was amazing, i have an old version it cant seem to read 10.2.1 OS's does anyone have the newest version and give me a Dropbox link or something?? please!? i hate asking people for BAR's from other OS Threads.
    12-23-13 11:50 PM
    It really sucks Darcy's gone.... : (

He may not be posting much but he's here - last login today.
    12-24-13 12:04 AM
    Well I hope he knows he is still helping people. I spent a while last night finally working with his program(had it for a while)and was able to put up a change log which I had never done before. I hope the person who asked for it sees it. I did quote him. any way....Thanks Again
    12-24-13 10:16 AM
    Well that's too bad
    12-25-13 07:57 PM
214 ... 789