12-25-13 07:57 PM
214 ... 6789
tools
    I remember when the autoloader contain pin list and darcy make it easy for us, extract the pin list from the autoloader, thanks darcy for your hard work really appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:02 PM
    Thanks for all Darcy and also the whole BL team. I will be missing the excitement of seeing a thread title starting with "BerryLeaks presents". Hope to see you all around here now and/or in the near future, regardless of the disablement of the team. Thanks once again.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    12-07-13 09:16 PM
    Thanks for all the hard work! But uh I didn't get to update to latest version before drama central moved in =[ anyone got a mirror?

Posted via CB10 on Q10:10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 11:02 PM
    thanx a lot for all Darcy!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:42 AM
    Thanx Darcy

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 05:05 AM
    @Darcytallguy

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before because honestly I haven't read all the thread but I was wondering, why can't new users download your tool? I have it, and I love it and thanks a bunch for the time you put in it, but why not let others download it? I know you said that xshacha's app is as good ,but you get my point right? I mean, I heard all the drama surrounding BL, but why does that have anything to do with future users that would need/like to have your tool? You did it to make people's life easier right? Si why not keep going!
    I know you don't owe anything to them, to me or to anybody on CB, I'm just asking you know?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:26 AM
    @Darcytallguy

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before because honestly I haven't read all the thread but I was wondering, why can't new users download your tool? I have it, and I love it and thanks a bunch for the time you put in it, but why not let others download it? I know you said that xshacha's app is as good ,but you get my point right? I mean, I heard all the drama surrounding BL, but why does that have anything to do with future users that would need/like to have your tool? You did it to make people's life easier right? Si why not keep going!
    I know you don't owe anything to them, to me or to anybody on CB, I'm just asking you know?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not Darcy, but you can read his explanation in this post on page 7: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9671343
    toobs623 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-08-13 09:47 AM
    Thank you Darcy for all your contributions past, present and hopefully future. There have been a handful of times you had personally helped me in the threads and without your info on some of those things, I would have never thought of going deeper into the os's as I have.
    You have been a great source of information and how to's along with your tools. You and Sascha's competitiveness was a fun one to watch also. You will be missed if you do not return, in hopes you do return and see these messages from just a handful of people who respect what you did, I think I can speak on behalf of most in saying one giant Thank You.
    Hope to see you back here.
    12-08-13 02:15 PM
    Can somebody pls post a link for darcys tools?

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    12-08-13 02:25 PM
    Probably by Monday you will have links

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 02:46 PM
    Thanks Darcy for all your hard work. I do have a few copies of your tools. They are awesome.

Trusted Member Genius on a Z10
    12-08-13 04:26 PM
    Is there by any chance I can get a copy of your tool.

This is a combination of all the tools that I've put together so far for Windows (requires .NET Framework 4 which is included in Windows 8 and up but is obtainable for XP, Vista and 7)

Sorry, no more downloads. I'm done.

Backup Manager - for changing the version numbers stored in backup files. If Link sends the backup to your device this tool worked, it doesn't guarantee that the device will restore all your data successfully.
    File Extraction -
    - Extract App Bar files directly from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract user partition (apps) from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract signed files from an autoloader, and if you just want the radio file there's an option for that.
    - Extract Radio and OS partitions (first extract the RCFS file from the Signed or autoloader, then extract from RCFS)
    - Verify BAR files - This actually checks the integrity of the BAR file by comparing each file against it's SHA hash in the Manifest.MF file.
    - Extract BAR file to get the contents of a BAR file
    Build Autoloader - build your own autoloader with up to the maximum of 6 signed files.
    - Compare Apps in an OS, pick 2 autoloaders, or signed files, and compare the apps in them
    - Calculate hashes for files, can be used to verify files are the same. To verify a file it's usually sufficient to pick just one method and compare the result with the provided hash value.
    - Check for OS updates
    - Calculate eScreen codes

Status indicators have been added to everything including the backup modification so there's visible indicators of progress. You can also drag and drop files to make things easier.

Attachment 183209
    Attachment 179870
    Attachment 178011
    Attachment 181286

Revision History

Nov 12, 2013 (1.5.1.1) - bug fix in backup version changing for backups over 4GB in size
    Oct 19, 2013 (1.5.1.0) - now with escreen code gen. Mainly because I kept misplacing the html version I had so I integrated it here.
    Oct 10, 2013 (1.5.0.9) - minor fixes to software version look up functions
    Oct 6, 2013 (1.5.0.8) - minor fix with extracting specific apps from the compare screen.
    Oct 3, 2013 (1.5.0.7) - fixed one null exception bug in upgrade checking. Minor.
    Sept 28th, 2013 (1.5.0.6) - fixed a bug introduced in previous version with checking for updates
    Sept 27th, 2013 (1.5.0.5) - few minor fixes, but I'm really doing most of the changes on how to detect if a phone is plugged in and how to connect as quickly as possible, and detect if the phone is unplugged too.
    Sept 26th, 2013 (1.5.0.2) - ok, heres a real change, instead of just calling cap to create an autoloader, I finally got un-lazy and put the loader together myself. It really wasn't too hard, just calling cap was easier so thats what I did until I could get back around to fixing it.
    Sept 25th, 2013 (1.5.0.1) - Really minor bugfixes, but a start to communicating with the phone. Doesn't do anything except display your phone model and pin. Like totally awsome eh? Does anyone ever read this far? I just upped the version number because we all like bigger numbers.
    Sept 17th, 2013 (1.4.0.2) - Minor change to not keep a file lock on the Link config file so Link doesn't crash on startup in some specific cases. Also added the Beta server checks for updates.
    Sept 12th, 2013 (1.4.0.1) - Just improvements on file hashes, calculates hashes simultaneously now instead of one after another, added progress indicator, and ability to cancel.
    Sept 9th, 2013 (1.4.0.0) - Now with Corflower Blue background, specifically for wu-wei. Also added update checking, but who cares, we get cornflower blue!
    Sept 1st, 2013 (1.3.0.1) - saves hashes, and split up OS/Radio filesystem saving.
    Aug 21st, 2013 (1.3.0.0) - some bugfixes, added CRC verification for Signed files. It's an advanced feature, If you don't know what it's for you won't ever need it. It was only added because it was actually needed today by me.
    12-08-13 09:58 PM
    Thanks a lot for your long hard work man. You've been amazing. Hopefully you come baack!!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:35 PM
    I had fun. I was the first to release a tool to extract files from an autoloader. Yes Sacha did know how to do it, but he never released that info until after I did. Then Sacha and I went on a fun little race of discoveries and releases, seeing who could release features first and find more to add to the programs. My initial release spurred some competition and got lots of new features for the community.

I did all this with no expectation of monetary compensation. I never had a donation link, I even just turned down someone who wanted my paypal address so he could give me enough to buy a whole new phone (as a straight out gift, not even a bribe to return). And no matter what anyone ever said BerryLeaks members never wanted to be paid for what we did either. We were all volunteers.

The problem was as many of you guessed, the forums, and even a minority of people at that. Within minutes of the BerryLeaks (yes BerryLicious, I used the full name instead of BL, are you happy?) disbanding announcement mods were already being involved in the thread doing cleanup because of the hatred being shown. I wasn't very active in the forums over the months because of this sentiment but today just pushed me over the edge.

Whatever versions you have will continue to work, there's no built in kill switches or anything stupid like that, but there'll be no more updates, no more fun little discoveries from me (like the Porsche Design Clock!)

If CB wants to rehost the final versions of my program then I'm fine with that, if CB wants the source code to pass onto another programmer to maintain and update, then they can contact me, I am open to that. But ultimately there's very little that my little program can do that Sachesi cannot, so I know I'm not leaving the community with nothing.

I am still a Blackberry user, I am not running out to buy a nexus 5 and join the android community, or anything stupid like that. I am BlackBerry loyal to the end. I may be back in the forums in a few weeks, or a few months, but for now (to those who deserve it) farewell.
    Thanks so much for your contribution. Your tool helped me build autoloaders and extract bars for sideloading/hybrid OS for me and my wife's BB10's. (She has the SQN, I have an STL). Much respect for you man!

Cheers!

**edit thanks BlackScorpion3 for citing my mistake
    Last edited by keenwerkz; 12-09-13 at 04:51 PM.
    12-08-13 11:26 PM
    Thanks so much for your contribution. Your tool helped me build autoloaders and extract bars for sideloading/hybrid OS for me and my wife's BB10's. (She has a QNX, I have an STL). Much respect for you man!

Cheers!
    I'm guessing you meant your wife has a Q?

Sent from my mind controlled Z30...Karma is a B!*?h. 7B Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.15xx
    keenwerkz likes this.
    12-08-13 11:57 PM
    I'm guessing you meant your wife has a Q?

Nah. She has a nuclear power station.

Either that or the old guy that gave James Bond all that kewl stuff.

(I kid, I kid..)
    12-09-13 12:18 AM
    It feels like the time when Axxo left the scene.. A end of one of the many legends of the Blackberry community. Remember our doors are always open and we are glad to welcome you back. Good luck with your future endeavours

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:28 AM
    anyone have link so i can download the tool ?
    12-09-13 01:06 PM
    anyone have link so i can download the tool ?
    I'm guessing someone will put them out there. I have every version archived that he posted, but I don't have a hosting account.
    12-09-13 03:33 PM
    here it is, enjoy and don't forget to thanks Darcy for his work!
    Attached Files
    LP_Rigg, kfroese, eldricho and 2 others like this.
    12-09-13 04:15 PM
    Thanks bro

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:19 PM
    here it is, enjoy and don't forget to thanks Darcy for his work!
    Thanks for that link! I had a slightly older version that was working just fine for me so I hadn't bother getting the latest version.

I'm about to go pull some files out of an autoloader - thanks, DarcyTallGuy, for this wicked tool!
    12-09-13 05:35 PM
    Good man and great tool.. Thanks a lot Darcy for supporting and knowledge for community..
    toobs623 likes this.
    12-09-13 07:12 PM
    Good man and great tool.. Thanks a lot Darcy for supporting and knowledge for community..
    I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-T311 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-09-13 07:18 PM
    Thanks for the link. Thanks Darcy for all your hard work, knowledge and helpful advice. You are a huge asset to the community and will be sorely missed. Hope you return someday. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:49 PM
214 ... 6789