12-25-13 08:57 PM
214 ... 56789
tools
    were you using 32 bit counters That would be the issue I had as the file was 7GB.
    Not quite. It had to do with the structure of a zip file, notably the 'extra' field in the headers. It's just a question of how the zip library I was using handles zip64 and fixing it up a little bit. To be fair though it was me who broke it in the first place when I had worked on a 'fast' change which could just truncate the end of the backup file and add a new manifest to the end. Worked great for under 4GB, but I reverted all (or apparently most) of my changes when getting it to work for zip64 was starting to look like more of a challenge than I wanted to get into.
    11-12-13 02:48 PM
    That did the trick. Thanks.
    11-12-13 02:56 PM
    Well, love the technical answer, and thanks for the fix!
    11-12-13 03:10 PM
    The September 25th revision status was great!

I'll admit to not having read the whole thread (I'm cooking today since we both work on the holiday tomorrow) but I do have a question that hopefully hasn't been asked already: can I use the tool to remove certain .bar files like airtunes, games & mmagic from the autoloader BEFORE I install the OS on my Q? That'd be easier than installing the whole thing, and then sideloading those .bars on top of what's already there just so they change from "permanent" and I can remove 'em....
    11-27-13 01:53 PM
    The September 25th revision status was great!

I'll admit to not having read the whole thread (I'm cooking today since we both work on the holiday tomorrow) but I do have a question that hopefully hasn't been asked already: can I use the tool to remove certain .bar files like airtunes, games & mmagic from the autoloader BEFORE I install the OS on my Q? That'd be easier than installing the whole thing, and then sideloading those .bars on top of what's already there just so they change from "permanent" and I can remove 'em....
    It doesn't quite work that way. It just creates copies of the bars. The OS cannot be modified before loading so you'll never get rid of them when loading a new OS.
    PJD642 likes this.
    11-27-13 02:02 PM
    is this because the OS files are signed and cannot be modified?
    11-27-13 02:03 PM
    is this because the OS files are signed and cannot be modified?
    That's exactly it. We can search through the OS file to find everything we need to recreate the app bar files and make a copy of them, but the Signed file itself cannot be modified. (There are potential ways to mess around with parts of it AFTER it's been loaded, but that's a different topic entirely)
    11-27-13 02:12 PM
    Thank you Darcy for all the wonderful work you shared with us in the past! I very much appreciate all of your contributions.
    n8tiveg, bungaboy and yohannyphm like this.
    12-07-13 04:31 PM
    Aww man...Thanks though DTG...Good stuff...

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    sllock likes this.
    12-07-13 05:36 PM
    Thanks for everything.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    12-07-13 05:57 PM
    Thank you very much for everything Darcy, and please don't be a stranger. There's far more people here who appreciate you than the few ******** who ruined it for everyone else.
    12-07-13 06:07 PM
    Thank you Darcy
    12-07-13 06:57 PM
    I had fun. I was the first to release a tool to extract files from an autoloader. Yes Sacha did know how to do it, but he never released that info until after I did. Then Sacha and I went on a fun little race of discoveries and releases, seeing who could release features first and find more to add to the programs. My initial release spurred some competition and got lots of new features for the community.

I did all this with no expectation of monetary compensation. I never had a donation link, I even just turned down someone who wanted my paypal address so he could give me enough to buy a whole new phone (as a straight out gift, not even a bribe to return). And no matter what anyone ever said BerryLeaks members never wanted to be paid for what we did either. We were all volunteers.

The problem was as many of you guessed, the forums, and even a minority of people at that. Within minutes of the BerryLeaks (yes BerryLicious, I used the full name instead of BL, are you happy?) disbanding announcement mods were already being involved in the thread doing cleanup because of the hatred being shown. I wasn't very active in the forums over the months because of this sentiment but today just pushed me over the edge.

Whatever versions you have will continue to work, there's no built in kill switches or anything stupid like that, but there'll be no more updates, no more fun little discoveries from me (like the Porsche Design Clock!)

If CB wants to rehost the final versions of my program then I'm fine with that, if CB wants the source code to pass onto another programmer to maintain and update, then they can contact me, I am open to that. But ultimately there's very little that my little program can do that Sachesi cannot, so I know I'm not leaving the community with nothing.

I am still a Blackberry user, I am not running out to buy a nexus 5 and join the android community, or anything stupid like that. I am BlackBerry loyal to the end. I may be back in the forums in a few weeks, or a few months, but for now (to those who deserve it) farewell.
    VeniceBB, ofutur, PJD642 and 33 others like this.
    12-07-13 07:00 PM
    Sorry to see this is done, but thanks for the great tool and your help around the forums in the past Darcy!
    12-07-13 07:04 PM
    Thank for everything, we will be awaiting your return

Posted on the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0. 1809
    12-07-13 07:11 PM
    Thank you for all you have done! It was greatly appreciated! Hope to see you around the forums. Don't let the negativity get to you. Good luck in the future!

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-07-13 07:18 PM
    Thanks again for all the hard work Darcy.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze and ttgapers like this.
    12-07-13 07:37 PM
    I had fun. I was the first to release a tool to extract files from an autoloader. Yes Sacha did know how to do it, but he never released that info until after I did. Then Sacha and I went on a fun little race of discoveries and releases, seeing who could release features first and find more to add to the programs. My initial release spurred some competition and got lots of new features for the community.

I did all this with no expectation of monetary compensation. I never had a donation link, I even just turned down someone who wanted my paypal address so he could give me enough to buy a whole new phone (as a straight out gift, not even a bribe to return). And no matter what anyone ever said BerryLeaks members never wanted to be paid for what we did either. We were all volunteers.

The problem was as many of you guessed, the forums, and even a minority of people at that. Within minutes of the BerryLeaks (yes BerryLicious, I used the full name instead of BL, are you happy?) disbanding announcement mods were already being involved in the thread doing cleanup because of the hatred being shown. I wasn't very active in the forums over the months because of this sentiment but today just pushed me over the edge.

Whatever versions you have will continue to work, there's no built in kill switches or anything stupid like that, but there'll be no more updates, no more fun little discoveries from me (like the Porsche Design Clock!)

If CB wants to rehost the final versions of my program then I'm fine with that, if CB wants the source code to pass onto another programmer to maintain and update, then they can contact me, I am open to that. But ultimately there's very little that my little program can do that Sachesi cannot, so I know I'm not leaving the community with nothing.

I am still a Blackberry user, I am not running out to buy a nexus 5 and join the android community, or anything stupid like that. I am BlackBerry loyal to the end. I may be back in the forums in a few weeks, or a few months, but for now (to those who deserve it) farewell.
    Thanks for all your work

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:41 PM
    谢谢!希望更加努力!为莓友做贡献!
    12-07-13 07:47 PM

Darcy, you are a true class act!..... the short time I had the honor of working with you will forever remain a high point in my life. I thank you ever so much for your dedication to BlackBerry and the wonderful, genius that is your mind. you will always have my respect.

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z30 powered by 10.2.1.xxxx
    toobs623 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-07-13 07:52 PM
    Thanks for everything Darcy.
    12-07-13 08:02 PM
    Thanks Darcy. Your tool and knowledge and discovery and assistance has been greatly and sincerely appreciated. I hope we see you again (when you're ready).

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:35 PM
    I didn't get to involved with the tools but I do recognize the value and the person behind the effort to create and share.

Thank you

Squricle of Trust Group Co-Founder | Owner In_loco_nomen Squricle of Trust Channel | Channel PIN C00120C87
    n8tiveg likes this.
    12-07-13 09:20 PM

I normally don't participate in the discussions except to ask questions if I am having an issue or to report something but not really engage actively (except for one which I started and mostly people who posts there are from where I came from) because there are a lot of sarcastic people who takes pleasure in saying not nice things.

I for one am thankful to the group coz when I chanced on this forum accidentally, I know nothing of loading leaks. Some would say if you don't know what you are doing then don't do it but that would prevent me from learbing. Reading the informative posts from the team taught me how to install a new os on my phone.

Others would disagree how the leaks are handled but I for one is grateful on how it is done since I am not technically savvy and afraid that I may damage my phone permanently. The way the team is doing it benefits me and maybe others like me who are just not active in the forums.

Thank you and I hope to see you back in the community.

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen, Mecca EL and Anilu7 like this.
    12-07-13 09:35 PM
    Thanks for your work Darcy it is a shame that a few people ruin it for the majority, good luck with anything you do in the future

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 09:55 PM
214 ... 56789