12-25-13 08:57 PM
214 ... 34567 ...
tools
    What can be achieved by extracting the User File System? Maybe extract user app data like game saves/progress without the app actually installed?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 01:56 AM
    What can be achieved by extracting the User File System? Maybe extract user app data like game saves/progress without the app actually installed?
    These are from Blackberry, not your phone.
    08-21-13 02:28 AM
    These are from Blackberry, not your phone.
    I there any way to extract application specific data to reload it after? Mainly game progress that is not saved by moving from leak to leak, since the recommended is not to restore the full backups. It would be great to find or know about a selective way to do it other than the BlackBerry Link method that is not that granular.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:26 PM
    I there any way to extract application specific data to reload it after? Mainly game progress that is not saved by moving from leak to leak, since the recommended is not to restore the full backups. It would be great to find or know about a selective way to do it other than the BlackBerry Link method that is not that granular.
    Unfortunately not as backups are encrypted. You would need the decryption key.
    If something is not included in the backups, such as game progress, there is no way to get that data unless it is saved in a 'common area'.
    If it's an Android game, just make sure you sideload it with a debug token, then the application is inside common area (you can view the contents and data).
    08-21-13 08:49 PM
    So the point is, can this tool modify large backup files more than 2gb and load all into another device (switch device from z10 to q10)?
    08-22-13 05:27 PM
    So the point is, can this tool modify large backup files more than 2gb and load all into another device (switch device from z10 to q10)?
    You shouldn't have to modify it unless you're going from a newer OS to an older OS.

And you'll need to make sure that the blackberry ID is the same too since the backups are linked to your ID, not to the phone.

I'd also like to suggest Sachesi for doing restores. Sacha has made his tools so they replicate Link without the version check which is the only thing mine is meant to get around.
    saotome likes this.
    08-22-13 07:01 PM
    thank you
    还在学习中.
    24F1C265
    08-23-13 02:02 PM
    This is a great tool, hats off to you Darcy.
    08-23-13 05:31 PM
    Didn't realize it was updated 5 days ago; thanks again.
    09-06-13 07:53 PM
    @darcy I can't extract radio from PB os (new leak 17xx)?
    did u try that...or can u try to split it up?
    09-07-13 07:23 AM
    @darcy I can't extract radio from PB os (new leak 17xx)?
    did u try that...or can u try to split it up?
    I believe that specific autoloader is OS only.
    DarcyTallGuy likes this.
    09-07-13 10:46 AM
    I believe that specific autoloader is OS only.
    Correct, radio file only applies for phones, not the playbook
    09-07-13 11:10 AM
    Ok,so can we get a radio from older release and combine with z10 Omap os part? ....i know it's hard,but it's possible...I think...the 10.0.9 version can be booted completely.
    I was looking through the 10.0.9 and PlayBook os files....there very much similiar..

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 01:46 PM
    Would you guys say using darcys tools to backup and restore is much quicker than BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:06 PM
    Would you guys say using darcys tools to backup and restore is much quicker than BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    It's Sachesi that does backups and restores, and they operate at essentially the same speed since link and Sachesi dont really do anything. It's the phone which does all the work.
    09-07-13 07:13 PM
    You shouldn't have to modify it unless you're going from a newer OS to an older OS.

And you'll need to make sure that the blackberry ID is the same too since the backups are linked to your ID, not to the phone.

I'd also like to suggest Sachesi for doing restores. Sacha has made his tools so they replicate Link without the version check which is the only thing mine is meant to get around.
    Confirmed xsacha tool and darcy tools both of this i'm really like it, it's make my job so easily good job berryleaks team.

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-08-13 01:35 PM
    Unfortunately not as backups are encrypted. You would need the decryption key.
    If something is not included in the backups, such as game progress, there is no way to get that data unless it is saved in a 'common area'.
    If it's an Android game, just make sure you sideload it with a debug token, then the application is inside common area (you can view the contents and data).
    Not to hijack the thread but where is this common area that I could view the contents and data of a side loaded app I really want to backup side loaded saves.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:24 PM
    Not to hijack the thread but where is this common area that I could view the contents and data of a side loaded app I really want to backup side loaded saves.

Posted via CB10
    It's the app sandbox. Easiest way to view it is probably in the SDK UI (Target File Navigator).
    09-12-13 08:47 PM
    Cornflower Blue...lol
    09-14-13 03:30 PM
    Cornflower Blue...lol
    I'm glad someone noticed. "I am Jack's medulla oblongata."
    09-14-13 04:04 PM
    so, here's the thing...
    i have successfully installed leaked OS 10.2.0.1725 into my Z10 STL100-2
    however, i have also installed BBM channel into this leak, without notice it'll disable BBM dark theme
    i would prefer having BBM dark theme rather than BBM channel.

appreciate if anyone can guide me how to remove this BBM channel from my device using this tool.
    09-15-13 07:58 PM
    so, here's the thing...
    i have successfully installed leaked OS 10.2.0.1725 into my Z10 STL100-2
    however, i have also installed BBM channel into this leak, without notice it'll disable BBM dark theme
    i would prefer having BBM dark theme rather than BBM channel.

appreciate if anyone can guide me how to remove this BBM channel from my device using this tool.
    The easiest thing to do is download just the BBM bar that was provided in the 1725 thread https://mega.co.nz/#!XBcj1KRT!ZKIrWn...0MOdpc8z58E9HQ

The load it using sachesi, ddpb, etc.

What these tools are for would be to get the BBM bar from the autoloader. You'd go to file extraction, select the autoloader, then select apps (just sys.bbm) and load that.
    maxell likes this.
    09-15-13 08:06 PM
    The easiest thing to do is download just the BBM bar that was provided in the 1725 thread https://mega.co.nz/#!XBcj1KRT!ZKIrWn...0MOdpc8z58E9HQ

What these tools are for would be to get the BBM bar from the autoloader. You'd go to file extraction, select the autoloader, then select apps (just sys.bbm) and load that.
    Ok, so I just have to load the BBM bar.
    It will replace the existing BBM bar, right?
    I just want to make sure this attempt will not affected to existing BBM group, etc.

Apologies for so many questions, because I have never touch core apps such as BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by maxell; 09-16-13 at 09:01 AM.
    09-15-13 11:01 PM
    Ok, so I just have to load the BBM bar.
    It will replace the existing BBM bar, right?
    I just want to make sure this attempt will not affected to existing BBM group, etc.

Apologies for so many questions, because I have never touch core apps such as BBM.

Posted via CB10
    No worries. It'll work.

Posted via CB10
    maxell likes this.
    09-16-13 10:00 AM

No worries. It'll work.

Posted via CB10
    It works!!! Finally I've got the BBM dark theme.
    Thank you
    tryfe likes this.
    09-16-13 10:37 AM
214 ... 34567 ...