Okay I'm a little too lazy to go thru hundreds of comments

These are the questions for those who've already tried 10.2 OS:

- What about the notifications? Did BlackBerry implemented some? You still have to go thru the device options to change profile?

- Headless apps: do I have to keep apps open in a frame to make them work?

- Led: does it still stop after leaving some notification unread for some minutes, or does it just keeps blinking?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:26 AM
    HI!
    I have 10.2.0.1047 and love it. There are notifications for every app you have on your phone. You can set led or sound or vibrate or all or none, etc.

The apps are still not headless, so active frames stay open for things you want to have running like weather, or BBM, I always leave that running for easy access.

profile switches are pretty easy. swipe down from the top and a profile is set there. Just touch it to witch to the last profile you set. SO I have normal on and when I touch it, it switches to vibrate, which is what I use for work and doctor offices, etc.

The LED for email will stop after you open the email on your phone. If you leave things unread the LED does not start blinking again, no. If that s what you mean.
    What OS do you have now? It's not too much different from the 10.1 that got pushed to everyone.
    PJD642 likes this.
    08-11-13 09:36 AM
    Devs will need to update their apps to make them headless. It makes sense no 3rd party apps are headless cuz this is a leaked OS

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:43 AM
    profile switches are pretty easy. swipe down from the top and a profile is set there. Just touch it to switch to the last profile you set. SO I have normal on and when I touch it, it switches to vibrate, which is what I use for work and doctor offices, etc.
    THANK YOU so very much for this tidbit! That was one of the things I'd been missing, was the ability to hold down the "Q" key and switch profiles. I've been swiping down, tapping the word "notifications" and going to the drop down menu several times each day. Now I can just tap the "bell" itself & switch without the added step. I guess i all the times I'd done that I never hit the bell by accident.... You rock!

OK, I just realized that tapping on ANY of the icons rather than their names will toggle on/off that item: Alarm. Bluetooth, Wifi & Notifications (with the exception of wifi..that turns off but doesn't come back on for me...maybe a bug in .1047?). I can't believe I haven't read this anywhere before now. Thank you again!

Correction: wifi DOES turn on/off...I was just too impatient and didn't wait for it to register *eyeroll*
    Last edited by PJD642; 08-11-13 at 11:35 AM.
    mystic84 likes this.
    08-11-13 10:52 AM
    HI!
    I have 10.2.0.1047 and love it. There are notifications for every app you have on your phone. You can set led or sound or vibrate or all or none, etc.

The apps are still not headless, so active frames stay open for things you want to have running like weather, or BBM, I always leave that running for easy access.

profile switches are pretty easy. swipe down from the top and a profile is set there. Just touch it to witch to the last profile you set. SO I have normal on and when I touch it, it switches to vibrate, which is what I use for work and doctor offices, etc.

The LED for email will stop after you open the email on your phone. If you leave things unread the LED does not start blinking again, no. If that s what you mean.
    What OS do you have now? It's not too much different from the 10.1 that got pushed to everyone.
    All correct. But I was asking if some more ringtones were added, and if the notifications switch was made a little more like the on the previous OS (tapping on the bell, now lets me choose between just two notifications, on previous OS's we used to be able to choose between all of the notification types).

Led: when I get a message (email, BBM, Whatsapp and so on), led stops blinking after I've read the message, or automatically stops after some minutes in case I havent read the message yet. On previous OS's the led used to keep blinking on and on - at most until battery died. Now I'd like to see the led blinking on and on as it used to do on previous OS's.

I have a Q10 with 10.1.0.4285.
    08-11-13 11:21 AM
    Actuality, in all previous OSs, the
    LED always flashed for 15 minutes, and that's it. Unless you received another notification and that flashing time would be extended another 15 minutes. You needed an app like BeBuzz to change the time length of the flashing.

At least that's been me experience with 4.5 and 6. Maybe that changed in 7? I know 7.1 added the ability to change the LED color natively. Maybe a time of flashing was added too?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:40 AM
    Actuality, in all previous OSs, the
    LED always flashed for 15 minutes, and that's it. Unless you received another notification and that flashing time would be extended another 15 minutes. You needed an app like BeBuzz to change the time length of the flashing.

At least that's been me experience with 4.5 and 6. Maybe that changed in 7? I know 7.1 added the ability to change the LED color natively. Maybe a time of flashing was added too?

Posted via CB10
    Prior to 4.5 it used to keep blinking. The first program I ever wrote for BlackBerry was to make the light blink forever again.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:41 PM
    15 mins? Ouch. Honestly I've been using BeBuzz for years, so I can't remember well. I just remember I used to see the led blinking when getting up in the morning even hours after receiving a message.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:44 AM