Curious... could I totally overwrite the verizon OS on my Classic somehow? Such that I could have the same factory fresh OS as if I had bought it from ShopBB or similar? I'm considering moving it to T-Mobile, and I know it will work on that network, but I don't want any traces of Verizon software or the modifications they made to BB10 on my phone. Just wondering if it's possible. Thanks!
    06-21-15 03:45 PM
    No. The Hardware ID is burned into a non writeable chip or or area of ROM.
    kvndoom likes this.
    06-21-15 03:47 PM
    Couldn't using an autoloader achieve the desired results?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you don't want Verizon fiddling with things, don't use Verizon phones/networks. A Verizon-pushed OS on a non-Verizon phone shouldn't have anything special about it, though.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 03:51 PM
    FYI, I have put att and t mobile sim cards in my Verizon stl4, it actually changes the boot image from Verizon to att or T-Mobile, you shouldn't notice any Verizon stuff once you get a new sim. Depending on the device you might only get 2g with att or T-Mobile. The stl4 only gets 2g, so it sucks. Not sure about the sta3 though, you might get LTE.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.840
    06-21-15 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Certainly has with mine. I'm on Sprint and ever since I started leaking I get no Sprint boot screen or apps.

Though I think my wife's Z30 also on a leak boots up with a Verizon boot screen. I will double check though. I know she doesn't have MyVerizon or any other Verizon specific apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 04:26 PM
    If you don't want Verizon fiddling with things, don't use Verizon phones/networks. A Verizon-pushed OS on a non-Verizon phone shouldn't have anything special about it, though.

Posted via CB10
    Well the only contemporary smartphone I can take to work without getting fired is Verizon branded, and yeah a few things are altered from stock BB10.
    06-21-15 05:09 PM
    FYI, I have put att and t mobile sim cards in my Verizon stl4, it actually changes the boot image from Verizon to att or T-Mobile, you shouldn't notice any Verizon stuff once you get a new sim. Depending on the device you might only get 2g with att or T-Mobile. The stl4 only gets 2g, so it sucks. Not sure about the sta3 though, you might get LTE.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.840
    I took it by T-Mo yesterday. They popped in a SIM and it went to 4G LTE on their network, so I know I'm safe there. Also this thread already confirmed as much: http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...obile-1010801/

I'm pretty miffed with verizon right now. I was told when I got the phone that I would also get my 19% plan discount through job affiliation, but it hasn't shown on my bill. When I called yesterday they said I wasn't eligible. My family is already on T-Mo, so I can add an extra line for the Classic for a whopping $10 a month, vs. paying VZW 60 or 70 for a single line.
    06-21-15 05:13 PM