I've been running latest version 1016 since it appeared, and aside from a few hicks and burps it's really been pretty solid. However as of today my Contacts folder is no longer allowing me to access any of my 1200+ contacts.

I select Contacts and the folder opens as usual, but when I select any contact to view it, the contacts folder quickly closes and my display reverts to my home screen... ideas from some of you resident experts are welcomed??

Posted via my kick@ss Q10
    11-09-14 12:37 PM
    Not sure if this will be of any help - I am running 938; the other day I installed the updates apps from 1016 (contacts was one if the updated apps) and had the identical problem you have described (along with some others. )

So I reinstalled the 938 apps set and all was fine - you might want to try deleting the 1016 contacts bar and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, you could try the contacts bar from 938.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:20 PM
    Will likely give it a try, since I'm really all out of options...even after re-booting my Q10 a few times didn't make any difference, typically any such glitch would reset itself, but not this time for whatever reason...never had anything quite happen like this before which is why I decided to reach out for advice. Thanks for the suggestion Don_Henry, much appreciated.

11-09-14 05:05 PM
    Hope it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 05:27 PM
    This issue will happen if you do a non destructive update from previous 10.3.1 to 1016 and then copy over the updated apps from 1016.

A full autoloader install of 1016 does not yield this issue.

I wouldn't recommend restoring from a backup however contacts can be backed up and restored using link to outlook.

I had this issue myself...
    11-09-14 05:30 PM
    This issue will happen if you do a non destructive update from previous 10.3.1 to 1016 and then copy over the updated apps from 1016.

I wouldn't recommend restoring from a backup however contacts can be backed up and restored using link to outlook.

Really, too bad since 1016 worked so smoothly for a couple of weeks, then this happened ...strange stuff indeed. So you figure I need to reinstall via the autoloader...kinda sucks that I have to start over again. When did this happen to you exactly, and how did you find out that the autoloader would resolve it?

Last edited by Norg; 11-10-14 at 06:34 AM.
    11-09-14 06:48 PM

I'm now having this same issue and more (Way more other issues that have suddenly, out of NO WHERE started up) and I did the Autoloader load of 1016 with a cloud back up of my contacts. ( which again, worked fine for quite a while.)

This whole OS has gone south for me. Really bad just in the last three or four days. Massive battery drain, apps starting on their own, or running in the background without ever being opened. VERY strange.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:28 PM
    I'm now having this same issue and more (Way more other issues that have suddenly, out of NO WHERE started up) and I did the Autoloader load of 1016 with a cloud back up of my contacts. ( which again, worked fine for quite a while.)

This whole OS has gone south for me. Really bad just in the last three or four days. Massive battery drain, apps starting on their own, or running in the background without ever being opened. VERY strange.

Posted via CB10
    Based on this, what's your next move? I have to admit, I really don't feel like wasting time to reinstall only to have this happen again soon after... Although I really don't want to, I"m considering rolling back to 10.2.1 for a little while, until 10.3.1 is closer to launch ready...anyone else care to chime in??
    11-09-14 07:54 PM
    I couldn't add contacts on 1016, went back to 938 , everything works fine now on my Q10.
    11-09-14 08:05 PM
    Hi Norg,

Not sure what/how to advise you - I autoloader when I went from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1.632 - no restore of any kind. Did nondestructive when I went to 10.3.1.938 - no problems except when (as I mentioned) I installed some 1016 apps. Once I reinstalled 938 apps set, I am back to no problems. And I do mean no problems - notifications work fine, notifications volume is fine, no problems with WiFi, no problems with calls from non-contacts going to voice mail - truly none of the problems others are having. And a friend of mine went through the same migration path as me - and he also is having no problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:12 PM
    Hi Norg,

Not sure what/how to advise you - I autoloader when I went from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1.632 - no restore of any kind. Did nondestructive when I went to 10.3.1.938 - no problems except when (as I mentioned) I installed some 1016 apps. Once I reinstalled 938 apps set, I am back to no problems. And I do mean no problems - notifications work fine, notifications volume is fine, no problems with WiFi, no problems with calls from non-contacts going to voice mail - truly none of the problems others are having. And a friend of mine went through the same migration path as me - and he also is having no problems.

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear, many thanks to all of you for taking the time to help me out, truly appreciated, Cheers!!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    Last edited by Norg; 11-10-14 at 06:37 AM.
    11-09-14 10:45 PM
    Based on this, what's your next move? I have to admit, I really don't feel like wasting time to reinstall only to have this happen again soon after... Although I really don't want to, I"m considering rolling back to 10.2.1 for a little while, until 10.3.1 is closer to launch ready...anyone else care to chime in??
    Well, I had planned to try again, seeing as how most other people don't seem to be having these problems. But when I went to do my back up before wiping , I found out that the app that I've been using for backing up no longer supports the backing up of my text messages BECAUSE of 10.3.1. Apparently 10.3.1 doesn't allow access to SMS for developers, so the app makers can't make their apps work to back up texts. Damn!!!

I can reload my apps. I can re-sync my contacts. I can get my email from the server. I now have no way of saving my texts unless I do a back up with Link, and then restore.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:08 PM
    Had same problem. I used Sachesi to reload contact bar (sys.pim.contacts-10.5.310.633.bar) from 10.3.1.1016, then did a hard reset.
    Contacts working fine now. YMMV. Good Luck.

I've been running latest version 1016 since it appeared, and aside from a few hicks and burps it's really been pretty solid. However as of today my Contacts folder is no longer allowing me to access any of my 1200+ contacts.

I select Contacts and the folder opens as usual, but when I select any contact to view it, the contacts folder quickly closes and my display reverts to my home screen... ideas from some of you resident experts are welcomed??

11-16-14 12:13 PM