I've been reading through the posts and am still confused how to restore my contacts after installing a leak. I've read where if you use Link to restore it causes problems but I don't know of any other way to back up my data. I'd appreciate any help with this. I'm currently running 10.1. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:07 PM
    A lot of it depends on how your contacts got on your BB in the first place. Did you enter them manually or are they synced through your email? Sometimes your contacts are on your SIM card so be sure to remove it before you install the leak. Use Link as before to back up your data, settings, etc. I have not had issues using Link but I suppose not everyone has that luck. After install you must restore your emails etc before restore anyway. Do this and at least the contacts from your email will return. (I'm assuming you're keeping the same BBID so your BBM contacts should all return as well, although wait a couple of days after installing the leak for it all to sync.) All contacts you entered manually (if not also on an email account) will probably vanish so best to enter them on your Outlook.com or whatever email you use. I've found that Gmail duplicated contacts but don't know if this is still occurring. Hope this helps.
    howards likes this.
    10-03-13 02:13 PM
    Thank you for your help. I imported my emails using Link from my 9900. Can I use Link to restore them after loading the leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:14 PM
    Try Contactx from the app store you can export to your SD card then just restore after putting on a new OS or changing phones.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and howards like this.
    10-03-13 10:45 PM
    Thank you for your help. I imported my emails using Link from my 9900. Can I use Link to restore them after loading the leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    In that case Link will suit your needs.
    The contacts are stored in the "Settings" part of the Backup.
    If you restore just that you will get your contacts, your email accounts (with no passwords-you will have to resubmit passwords), your saved wifi connections and stuff like that.
    howards likes this.
    10-03-13 11:20 PM
    In that case Link will suit your needs.
    The contacts are stored in the "Settings" part of the Backup.
    If you restore just that you will get your contacts, your email accounts (with no passwords-you will have to resubmit passwords), your saved wifi connections and stuff like that.
    I can just restore the settings without anything else? I don't remember seeing that option on Link.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 11:51 PM
    Restoring contacts from Link (or restoring Settings) is what break the Dark Theme on 10.2 leaks. I haven't had any trouble doing a full back up and restore with the leaks but I am not able to change contacts to Dark theme because of it. That is why most people don't restore the "Settings" portion from Link. Still looking for the best way to do it myself.
    howards likes this.
    10-04-13 02:13 AM
    I can just restore the settings without anything else? I don't remember seeing that option on Link.

Posted via CB10
    Delete all email accounts before doing backup. Saves having to delete them and restart phone after restore.

Yes, look for "settings" box in the restore choices. Uncheck top box first.

Trusted Member Genius
    howards likes this.
    10-05-13 10:33 AM