12-19-13 06:39 AM
49 12
tools
    Ya. I had performed a Restore.

BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3/OS 10.2.1.575) on Vodafone in INDIA
    In which Location do u save a new contact on your Phone? On SIM, Outlook.com or Local?

12-01-13 09:55 AM
    Removing and re linking is my next move.
    I have no problem syncing.
    My problem is creating A NEW contact.

Could you please be kind enough to try it and give us a feedback.

Highly appreciated.

Thank you

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    If BB Link is showing as an account in "Settings - Accounts" on your phone, but not in the list of accounts when you create a new contact on your device, then I would try as I suggested. You have nothing to lose.

Sorry, I have already removed the BB Link account from my device. I had it for testing purposes only. My Contacts are sync'd through Outlook.com. It seems you have an Outlook.com account, is there a reason you are syncing manually through Link instead of automatically through your email account?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:58 AM
    The BB Link account does not create them on MS Outlook on PC, But does on a Outlook.com account. You will have to reconfigure our save a new contact in a account other than BBlink when creating. I put on sim and it did not save to MS Outlook, but did to a Oultook.com account! Eventually it will all sync because of Outlook connector to a Outlook.com account!
    12-01-13 10:06 AM
    If BB Link is showing as an account in "Settings - Accounts" on your phone, but not in the list of accounts when you create a new contact on your device, then I would try as I suggested. You have nothing to lose.

Sorry, I have already removed the BB Link account from my device. I had it for testing purposes only. My Contacts are sync'd through Outlook.com. It seems you have an Outlook.com account, is there a reason you are syncing manually through Link instead of automatically through your email account?

Posted via CB10
    My Contacts are not automatically synced. I have to get it synched thru BBLink but I am not able to do it...

Anyways....can u explain me hoiw to get contacts synced automatically through outlook.com???

12-01-13 10:07 AM
    Is your settings in outlook.com filtering out which accounts to sync. If so that can be a issue. See
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-contact-list
    12-01-13 10:10 AM
    Is your settings in outlook.com filtering out which accounts to sync. If so that can be a issue. See
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-contact-list
    Thanks for the Link U had given.

But in my case, my Outlook.com Contacts I am not ablle to see on my Q10....can u guide me why???

12-01-13 10:21 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding this but if you have an outlook.com account, a BlackBerry 10 device, and Outlook installed on your PC, then I don't know why you would be trying to sync with BB Link. You can sync your BB10 contacts with outlook.com and download the Microsoft Hotmail Connector which syncs Outlook to outlook.com. At this point, everything will be synced no matter where you make the change.
    12-01-13 11:23 AM
    Besure to go to contacts on BB and pull down from top, click settings, scroll down and make sure outlook is on to show in contacts!
    12-01-13 12:00 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding this but if you have an outlook.com account, a BlackBerry 10 device, and Outlook installed on your PC, then I don't know why you would be trying to sync with BB Link. You can sync your BB10 contacts with outlook.com and download the Microsoft Hotmail Connector which syncs Outlook to outlook.com. At this point, everything will be synced no matter where you make the change.
    This is correct!
    12-01-13 12:00 PM
    What if I do not want to send my contacts to the cloud.
    Before 10.2.1.X I was able to create a contact and it automatically got created on BB Link as well.

Now, why don't I have this option?
    Is it a bug or by design?
    12-01-13 12:05 PM
    Thanks. I will try this and will give u feedback today.

But let me make u aware that I am not able to see Outlook.com Contacts on my Phone....any solution for this?

12-01-13 09:57 PM
    I unlinked my phone and re linked it with BlackBerry Link.
    Nothing. So I guess it is a bug of the current OS.
    I also lost again all the calendar entries that have recurrence. They are stored in the phone, I just cannot see them.

12-01-13 10:17 PM
    I unlinked my phone and re linked it with BlackBerry Link.
    Nothing. So I guess it is a bug of the current OS.
    I also lost again all the calendar entries that have recurrence. They are stored in the phone, I just cannot see them.

In Contacts Stteing Tab, even if I off the contacts of Outlook.com and BlackBerry Link nothing happens to total contacts

12-01-13 10:42 PM
    Hello everyone.

I have a Q10 with 10.2.0.1803, the latest 1.2.1.31 blackberry link, a hotmail account (which I presume is the same as outlook because it has been upgraded) and outlook 365.

I cant seem to sync anything with anything!

When I connect my phone to blackberry link the option for sync contacts and calendar appointments is greyed out.

And.

I cant seem to find an option to sync contacts from my phone to my hotmail account.

Please help!

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-02-13 12:33 AM
    This.

Just make sure to turn your phone off while everything syncs from one outlook to the other.

Make sure all duplicates are merged and sorted on outlook.com before you turn your device on again. Just to be on the safe side so it can sync just the new stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:15 AM
    Hello Guys

Till now I have added my Outlook.com account under Emails Tab/Outlook.com and my Contacts aree not getting synchronised

Should I give it a try to add Outlook.com account under Active sync??? To resolve the issue of contact synchronization

Posted via CB 10 thru BlackBerry Q10 SQN 100-3/OS 10.2.1.1055 on Vodafone India
    12-04-13 04:39 AM
    Outlook.com should always be added to accounts using simple mode. Add email.. it searches. Enter pass. Do not add through advanced mode. If you must add through advanced mode add as active sync. If you want contacts calendar etc synchronized... make sure they are turned on before saving.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:41 AM
    I have also sent an email to BlackBerry Help I'd too and they also had not been able to give me solution
    That's probably because you are using a beta/unreleased/unofficial leaked OS.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 09:58 AM
    Works fine on Z30, 10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 10:15 AM
    Hi Guys

I have got success in this problem

Now I am able to modify my contacts saved under Outlook.com from the Device itself...

Posted via CB10 thru my Q10 (SQN 100-3/OS 10.2.1.1055) on Vodafone in India
    12-15-13 02:37 AM
    Care to indulge your resolution path for others that stumble across the same scenario?

Posted via CB10 on Z10|10.2.1.1055
    12-15-13 08:37 AM
    Please anikelaiya list out your resolve. Thanks
    12-15-13 10:00 AM
    The exact problem is : in this OS we get three Options to save a New contact Ie SIM, Outlook.com, Local

None of these three gets Synchronised with my MS Outlook on Laptop.

So the issue is : How to synchronise contacts???

You need bblink to recognize bblink and the only way to do this is to do a device register in bblink? What happens when you plug your phone into bblink? Does it recognize the device?
    Turn on bblink and set it to preferences then sync with bblink! It should be fine after that!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-19-13 04:48 AM
    You need bblink to recognize bblink and the only way to do this is to do a device register in bblink? What happens when you plug your phone into bblink? Does it recognize the device?
    Turn on bblink and set it to preferences then sync with bblink! It should be fine after that!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    To build on this... When you setup link to sync it creates a bblink database on device and mirrors all other DB'S (outlook.com,sim,local,etc). So if you create local, BBLINK also gets it in order to sync to Outlook.

Now on a side note. Since you have outlook.com on your device and I'm assuming outlook.com in your MS Outlook. When you create contact on device "in" outlook.com it will automatically sync back to outlook.com web mail. Then if your outlook is setup to connect via exchange protocol it will automatically sync to Outlook from outlook.com. If setup as IMAP then you can install outlook connector to MS Outlook to do the same. Easier than plugging in to sync manually. All done auto.

Edit... the only think I don't like about outlook.com is the lack of contact images (on outlook.com side.... not device side)
    Posted via CB10 on Z10|10.2.1.1055
    12-19-13 06:39 AM
49 12