06-22-15 11:16 PM
35 12
tools
    Doesn't matter maybe because you haven't installed 10.3.2 before that would able to re-activate your BBID/Protect for Anti-Theft feature. Now that you're running 10.3.2 and activate Protect, you should have that pop up/message warning once you run a new autoloader in the future.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Could be. I do plan to autoload the next OS that comes out - leaked, official or otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 11:36 AM
    You can only turn anti-theft on with 10.3.2. The feature did not exist prior to this.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    I think I see now. Protect could be active, but that specific anti-theft feature wouldn't kick in until after the OS that uses it was loaded first.

So, the next autoload would then "require" it.

If I did a security wipe now (not that I am, just asking theoretically), would it then pop up with the "required" BBID login as it goes through the whole "first time setup" routine?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 11:43 AM
    I think I see now. Protect could be active, but that specific anti-theft feature wouldn't kick in until after the OS that uses it was loaded first.

So, the next autoload would then "require" it.

If I did a security wipe now (not that I am, just asking theoretically), would it then pop up with the "required" BBID login as it goes through the whole "first time setup" routine?

Posted via CB10
    Correct.

Once you are on 10.3.2, and have BlackBerry Protect enabled, then anti-theft is enabled too (as it is part of the new BlackBerry Protect).

Next time you do a security wipe or run an autoloader, you will not be able to get through the setup without your BlackBerry ID.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-22-15 11:45 AM
    Cool.

Don't know if this helps the OP, or did I hijack it too far off course?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 11:51 AM
    I knew hw it supposed to work I was just asking whether if I had put some other email id as I was free to enter any email id in the box what wud have happened after that.
    I assumed we are not even allowed to enter any OTHER email id in bbid.. I thought inserting any other email id wont be possible as it wud be already filled.. I didnt try to put any other email id.. I should have tried before coming here just on assumptions..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    06-22-15 12:09 PM
    I think what happens is we can enter email id but it wont take it as authentic bbid contrary of my assumption that we wont be allowed to even enter id as it would be there and we just be allowed to enter password..

06-22-15 12:11 PM
    I knew hw it supposed to work I was just asking whether if I had put some other email id as I was free to enter any email id in the box what wud have happened after that.
    I assumed we are not even allowed to enter any OTHER email id in bbid.. I thought inserting any other email id wont be possible as it wud be already filled.. I didnt try to put any other email id.. I should have tried before coming here just on assumptions..

It would be a security risk if the setup process displayed the BlackBerry ID that BlackBerry Protect (with anti-theft) had originally been set up with prior to the device being erased. Say for example someone steals your device, wipes it, and tries to set it up again -- if they have the email address for the BlackBerry ID then they could try resetting the password, and if successful the entire purpose of the anti-theft functionality would be defeated.
    06-22-15 12:50 PM
    It would be a security risk if the setup process displayed the BlackBerry ID that BlackBerry Protect (with anti-theft) had originally been set up with prior to the device being erased. Say for example someone steals your device, wipes it, and tries to set it up again -- if they have the email address for the BlackBerry ID then they could try resetting the password, and if successful the entire purpose of the anti-theft functionality would be defeated.
    They would still need to know my email password. Hehe

06-22-15 12:56 PM
    They would still need to know my email password. Hehe
    Much easier to get your password if they already have your login ID, though.
    06-22-15 03:34 PM
    Can you guys count how many times the question was answered (and repeated)? o.o
    06-22-15 11:16 PM
35 12