09-18-15 08:43 AM
74 123
tools
    Hi all,
    I haven't seen any updated app since the day when the android rumor have become real. Is it going to be like that from now on? I mean the developers have stopped working until the BlackBerry future is more clear? For example FB app is disgusting and it needs major update. I hope this is just temporary.

Posted via CB10
    claneyy likes this.
    09-10-15 11:11 AM
    just got update on 6 apps...

this is just today
    dark0ne_ and jabia like this.
    09-10-15 11:13 AM

this is just today
    Really? Well I always use the latest leaks and that probably is the issue. What app you had updated?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:15 AM

this is just today
    Yeah but they were all from a month ago and BBW just alerted you now.
    PJD642, scmcc16, Cynycl and 6 others like this.
    09-10-15 11:18 AM
    Really? Well I always use the latest leaks and that probably is the issue. What app you had updated?

Posted via CB10
    That's not the issue at all. The issue is the apps you seemingly use are not being updated. I said the same thing earlier today.. haven't had an app update in weeks except for WhatsApp and Blaq and even those came via the Beta Zone lol.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and dark0ne_ like this.
    09-10-15 11:19 AM
    Indeed. And no developer is to blame.
    citystars41 likes this.
    09-10-15 11:21 AM
    That's not the issue at all. The issue is the apps you seemingly use are not being updated. I said the same thing earlier today.. haven't had an app update in weeks except for WhatsApp and Blaq and even those came via the Beta Zone lol.
    This is kind of scary. I use apps like FB, Whatsapp, Ingrann, Linkein, Tweeter, Soundhound and etc. These rumors for android migration are maybe true? I hope they will give us a choice what OS we can load. If BB go android what would be the difference between all? ****.
    09-10-15 11:26 AM
    funny thread because BW rarely have updates anyways compared to Google Play store.
    09-10-15 11:34 AM
    I got an update to bPod a few days ago.

And that was after the developer, who is active in the BB10 Apps forum, said he'd no longer update it a while back to focus on an android version.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:42 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noted that, lol

Posted via CB10
    dark0ne_ and claneyy like this.
    09-10-15 12:09 PM
    UGO Wallet was just updated within the last 2 weeks, thought was last week. Fairly certain had a few others update around same time. I check for updates daily on multiple devices
    Quit freaking, bb10 development is continuing.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    dark0ne_ and DudeManBud Man like this.
    09-10-15 12:14 PM
    UGO Wallet was just updated within the last 2 weeks, thought was last week. Fairly certain had a few others update around same time. I check for updates daily on multiple devices
    Quit freaking, bb10 development is continuing.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    I hope you are right. I have just bought my new classic and looking to buy blue passport. But these things about android migration make me feel uncomfortable to spend more no matter how Blackberry obsessed I am.
    09-10-15 12:18 PM
    After leaked everything must stop for waiting the actual news. The next news will be the actual devices. It's probably will be announced toward end of this month or early October base on little bird whisper in my ear in my dream last night. Lol...
    09-10-15 12:20 PM
    Just because they are updated doesn't mean they are better. Lol

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2639
    dark0ne_, brookie229 and mkelley65 like this.
    09-10-15 12:21 PM
    Will we get 10.3.3 anyway? And will BB modify android with hub and etc or just the google android will be used?
    09-10-15 12:23 PM
    I had an update about 3-4 days ago for Ultimate Backup (Runisoft), which, by the way, is a great app.
    dark0ne_ likes this.
    09-10-15 12:58 PM
    Lol what's the point of updating apps continously. I have like 30 updates (or 50 I'm not sure) on my android phone that I won't update unless it's security related. Whatever apps I have now work fine for me on my Z30 I understand there may be extra features that could be possible in future updates in an app but when I download/pay for an app from bbw I buy it with the knowledge of what it has currently and unless there are no ui or any other issues I'm happy with how the app is (same for on android for me).

No blame on the developers from BBW definitely as others have said, BlackBerry shafted them again.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-10-15 02:00 PM
    At least we are seeing all the maps apps back,lol

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    09-10-15 02:05 PM
    I've got WhatsApp, iGrann and SoundHound updated this week!
    09-10-15 02:24 PM
    In the last 2 weeks, I've released updates to some 4 apps of mine.

The problem is that now it very often takes much longer for the updates to get approved, especially in case of Built For BlackBerry apps - up to 3-4 days. And new BfB submissions now take even THREE WEEKS to get tested and approved (and even that only after multiple emails urging them to proceed faster), which is much longer than "up to 10 days" declared in BfB program terms, which previously was respected.

Why is it so, I don't know. It surely isn't because of too much apps they have to test (as no such flood of new BfB apps can be seen), so the only explanation is that BBRY must have reduced the number of people working on it. Which probably doesn't mean anything good.
    09-10-15 03:15 PM
    Bla1ze is time to roll out a Poll

If BlackBerry goes to dual boot OS which OS will you boot on?

1. BB10
    2. BBAndroid
    3. Swing between both, like to live on the edge.

If BlackBerry goes full Android

1. Will stick with BlackBerry, is not the OS, is the company I trust.
    2. Will jump ship, I stick with BlackBerry for its uniqueness, If BlackBerry goes with the crowd I will go the other way.
    3. Will keep my BB10 until it feels like BBOS then will go flipphone for all I care.
    4. Good excuse to buy the IPhone I always wanted but didn't found the reason to pay that much for a smartphone.

Z30 10.3.2.2639
    09-10-15 03:35 PM
    I've had 3 updates to CascaRun in the last 4-6 weeks I believe. Also, just had an update to Verizon Cloud the other day. Who says there's no carrier support? lol
    Irish Blues likes this.
    09-10-15 04:09 PM
    HG 10 just updated for me yesterday
    09-10-15 04:25 PM
    This is too strange I have no updates for anything really. I check BW very often...anyway I hope BB10 development will continue. I am not into these app development stuff but why is so hard to make native app like instagram, snap and give it to the masses? What is missing here?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:44 PM
    I heart that BlackBerry has new Android department now and they continue to reduce stuff for cost saving purposes. That might be the reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:47 PM
74 123