With the release of os 10.3.3 featuring NIAP; Could that be a problem when installing/running cobalt patched Apps? (because those Apps bypass some sort of barriers in the modified BB Android RT in actual OS's) what to expect?
    05-05-16 12:04 AM
    Probably you'll be have no problems at all because as far as I know the NIAP certification shouldn't mess up with the android runtime. Even If it does, probably cobalt would update the services in order to work properly
    05-05-16 01:33 AM
    I really doubt it.
    05-05-16 02:22 AM
    From everything I've read about it, it seems to be to be something that only works when the device ties into another network with NIAP enabled.

It sounds like just another end to end encryption method, although there may be much more to it.

Either way, it should have no affect on normal consumer type use of the phone since (I'm guessing) most of us here aren't tied into such a system.

Interesting note: the whole NIAP system was co-developed by the NSA. Makes you wonder...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 10:38 AM
    One would "assume" that BlackBerry is aware of Cobalt's "hacks" and would actually work to make sure they don't break it.

It's these updates to Google Play that you need to be worried about. Sure seems like they have changed something that is causing SNAP to no longer install correctly.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-06-16 08:42 AM
    One would "assume" that BlackBerry is aware of Cobalt's "hacks" and would actually work to make sure they don't break it.

It's these updates to Google Play that you need to be worried about. Sure seems like they have changed something that is causing SNAP to no longer install correctly.
    The problem with SNAP is how it exchanges information with Google, there was a security update and SNAP no longer will work after a re-load. It does work until then, you will need the new version.
    anon(8393425) likes this.
    05-07-16 07:52 AM
    It is not a snap chat issue.

Basically if you install what blackberry has removed to secure you phone like play service and Google play you actually give google access to your data in some way.

Google and other major could and they control the world.

When I asked to Cobalt what he thinked about ut he never replied to me.

I Might be stupid or he might would have to tell the true an loose all the follower exited for his paches.

Think about it.

The problem with SNAP is how it exchanges information with Google, there was a security update and SNAP no longer will work after a re-load. It does work until then, you will need the new version.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 09:09 PM