I have had the same issue on both the .632 and .821 releases where Android apps don't close completely when I exit them. For example, both SiriusXM and Waze both continue to run when I close them. Sirius even continues to play music after the app has closed until I kill it from the Device Monitor.

None of the apps have the option in Application Permisions for "Run in Background". Changing the "Run When Minimized" has no effect.

Anyone with any advice on how to get these apps to close when they are exited?
    10-20-14 02:52 PM
    Same issue for me with Pandora! Good question OP.... Awaiting the reply of others that may have a solution.

I kill it by going to Device Monitor, long press on Pandora (or in your case SiriusXM/Waze) and select Close - it still shows up in the list, but if you long press again you'll see that "Close" is gone which should mean the app has ended.

M

I have had the same issue on both the .632 and .821 releases where Android apps don't close completely when I exit them. For example, both SiriusXM and Waze both continue to run when I close them. Sirius even continues to play music after the app has closed until I kill it from the Device Monitor.

None of the apps have the option in Application Permisions for "Run in Background". Changing the "Run When Minimized" has no effect.

jsimon208 likes this.
    10-20-14 02:57 PM
    That is what I have been doing on .820. In .632 each app generated an alert in the Hub that it was running. When I tried to delete that alert it would prompt to close the app. I found it easier than using Device Monitor.

In .820 Waze still shows an alert that I can close, but Siriusxm doesn't seem to.

Either way, still a PITA.
    10-20-14 03:00 PM
    Try doing a longpress on the "x"...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.821
    jsimon208 likes this.
    10-21-14 01:36 AM
    Wasn't there a notice that Android apps would be able to run headless in 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:17 AM
    Try doing a longpress on the "x"...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.821
    Thanks, but that doesn't work.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-21-14 06:45 AM
    Wasn't there a notice that Android apps would be able to run headless in 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but I thought we could control that in App Permissions. There's no option for these apps.

10-21-14 06:46 AM
    Thank God other people have this problem. SoundCloud is the worst for this. I would have to close it from the notification tab in the hub. So annoying. It has been doing this since late 10.2

Posted via CB10
    jsimon208 likes this.
    10-21-14 07:00 AM
    Still not resolved in 10.3.1.1016.

Anyone having any luck finding a solution to this?

11-01-14 02:26 PM
    I'm also seeking a solution. Closing certain apps, I later check and find them open again. Then again, if the latest leak's estimated battery is to be believed, I never have to worry about it... lol

I Want To Believe (in the Squircle)
    11-01-14 09:37 PM
    Someone pointed out that you can close an app by using the back button instead of just using the standard close X.

I tried it on siriusxm and at least it stops the app from continuing to play but the app still runs in the task manager.

11-02-14 09:04 AM
    Sorry for bumping, but this is practicly the only topic I find on this issue.

I'm currently running BB 10.3.1.1565 (release 10.3.1.2243) on my BB Z10.
    Several apps keep running, even after closing them via the app (which doesn't always work), closing them by using the X and/or closing them via the notification.

I have noticed this issue with the following apps:
    • iCoyote v7.03 (Android apk)
      Closing via in-app button returns a black screen, app doesn't close fully;
      Closing via X doesn't fully close app, still receive feeback if GPS signal is lost; notification often remains
      Closing via notification (even after closing with X) reopens iCoyote, doesn't close anything
      Closing via Return button doesn't work
    • Waze 3.6.0.0
      Closing the app via the Return button (opens Waze dialog box "Are you sure") doesn't always close app, still get GPS signal feedback
    • SoundCloud 2.8.3
      Keeps playing music after closing app with X

I first thought the 10.3.1 update would bring me lots of joy, since the UI looks better and the Audi app now actually syncs the music titles from Soundcloud to my car.
    But it seems like the update has brought me more stress than relief.
    Everytime I leave my car, I have to remember to mute my phone so that I don't get loud GPS-notifications in the office, and un-mute it everytime I re-enter my car so that I can at least hear my GPS (Waze)
    03-05-15 07:04 AM
    You have to back out of the app with the back arrow button and, if the app permits, close it that way.

Some Android apps intentionally leave a background process running. If you "X" out of one that will remain active. You should get a notification in the Hub that it's running, and you should also be able to close it from there if you open the notification. If you delete the notification it should come back with the option to re-open the app or (actually) close the remaining component.

The problem isn't BlackBerry's, it's how Android apps work. Be happy you can get rid of that background piece when you want because on an Android phone you can't easily do so and that often winds up not only draining battery at a ridiculous rate but also hands your data off to advertisers and others (e.g. position) without you even realizing that the app is still "alive"!
    03-05-15 07:37 AM
    Closing Android Apps on 10.3.1 variants-img_20150305_145430.png An example with Waze

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:55 AM

Turn the run when minimized option off.

Sent from my BlackBerry!
    03-05-15 09:56 AM
    Turn the run when minimized option off.

Sent from my BlackBerry!
    Did you not read the post you just quoted?

It was said that turning that option off does not work.

Mainly because the apps in question are not technically "minimized", but are background services for those apps.

Still, it would be nice to have a way to prevent those services from starting up in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:08 AM
    If pesky android apps are running in the background the only way to keep them closed is to use the device monitor and close it from within that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11352696
    03-05-15 03:08 PM
    I think there is nothing wrong with the android apps. Waze and Mapfactor worked ok on OS 10.2.1. Now we have the problems and the only change is the OS.
    I have downgraded to 10.2.1 and all works ok. Its a shame that I have lost the good 10.3.1 enhancements but I need my navigation apps to work correctly.
    I think Blackberry messed it up (not the first time) and they should put it right. It worked on 10.2.1 and it should be easy to correct it on 10.3.1
    Now, I am not surprised why people are leaving BB...
    03-07-15 02:47 AM