08-15-13 04:05 PM
162 ... 34567
tools
    Working on it right now, however I have no way to test seeing how I'm not on 10.1 anymore

Posted via CB10
    Kris you are using 10.2 as a daily driver now? That's good news

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:08 AM
    Darcy, I know this is little bit off topic, but is it possible for non beta zone members to use BBM channels beta, if you could extract it from the phone? I guess that would be welcomed by a couple of people.

Thanks for your answer in advance, and for these leaks. They work like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:18 AM
    There is a bug in this app related to snooze -- if you snooze by tapping the screen when the clock is in bedside mode, the second time the alarm rings the "alarming" screen does not come up and thus the only way to cancel the alarm is with the center side button -- which doesn't cancel it, but snoozes again.

The THIRD time, assuming you're on the main screen or the phone is sleeping, will bring up the usual "normal mode" notification which you can dismiss.
    06-10-13 07:23 AM
    There is a bug in this app related to snooze -- if you snooze by tapping the screen when the clock is in bedside mode, the second time the alarm rings the "alarming" screen does not come up and thus the only way to cancel the alarm is with the center side button -- which doesn't cancel it, but snoozes again.

The THIRD time, assuming you're on the main screen or the phone is sleeping, will bring up the usual "normal mode" notification which you can dismiss.
    Yeah correct. Experienced that this AM! LOL

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    06-10-13 08:21 AM
    Another tiny bug: I set a separate later alarm for weekends that turned itself on this morning (Monday). Not a biggie...

Side note: I too would like to see a return of the ability to add alarms within the Calendar app a la OS7. I found it helped with planning and added another notification layer to the Calendar, kind of like the Level 1 notification for Messages.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:30 AM
    Sorry wrongly posted
    06-10-13 09:37 AM
    this might be a little off topic..but need to ask again. all these apps from 10.2 that i side loaded to my Z10 will there be a need to side load them again once there's a new "leaked OS" that i would load to my phone or a new OS update comes out?
    Yes, if you install a full OS that will install over any individual 10.2 apps you installed. And then you 'd have to re-install these apps assuming they didn't already come as part of your new leak. The only exception to that would be I'd you used the upgrade files from suchup and manually loaded each file excluding the files you has already upgraded.

At this point I'm very happy with 10.1.0.2354 and won't be loading any more 10.1 builds. Im staying the course until there's a 10.2 I can install. These individual apps are a nice bonus in the meantime though.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:56 AM
    Works like a charm on my Z. Thanks, Darcy, Kris, and IBFE.
    06-10-13 10:19 AM
    Another tiny bug: I set a separate later alarm for weekends that turned itself on this morning (Monday). Not a biggie...

Side note: I too would like to see a return of the ability to add alarms within the Calendar app a la OS7. I found it helped with planning and added another notification layer to the Calendar, kind of like the Level 1 notification for Messages.

Posted via CB10
    I have not experienced this bug.

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    06-10-13 10:50 AM
    One thing i found with this alarm and it might affect other people who are equally as lazy as me is that you can only hit snooze once. on the old clock app i could snooze three or 4 times. on this version it appears that after the first snooze you only have the dismiss snooze option.
    i guess a solution is to set another alarm ten minutes or whatever later to get another two snoozes in
    06-10-13 11:42 AM
    Another cool little improvement....

The count down remaining time is highlighted in blue...

Thanks guys for the awesome bar files and a early taste of 10.2...

Clock App Bar from 10.2 (Set Multiple Alarms!!)-img_00000390.png

Posted via CB10 on Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4285
    00stryder and yvpan1 like this.
    06-10-13 12:49 PM
    I love the fact the stopwatch now has no screen timeout but somehow it only works on the Z10. On the Q10 the screen timeout is still there!

Why?

EDIT: Now the Z10 also has the screen timeout while using the stop watch again! It was off before. How can that be? Any settings?
    Last edited by zwuncki; 06-10-13 at 05:04 PM.
    06-10-13 04:05 PM
    I love the fact the stopwatch now has no screen timeout but somehow it only works on the Z10. On the Q10 the screen timeout is still there!

Why?

EDIT: Now the Z10 also has the screen timeout while using the stop watch again! It was off before. How can that be? Any settings?
    Might be because it needs a 10.2 dependency to keep screen awake?

Posted via CB10
    suprmanx7 and zwuncki like this.
    06-10-13 07:09 PM
    WOW fantastic!!!!!

One of the things I wanted to see BlackBerry do.....DONE!!!!
    06-10-13 08:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this. I noticed last night in bedside mode with the 10.2 clock that the time (digital format) was significantly smaller than in 10.1. Is this likely because it's not meant for 10.1, or will this be the new size going forward? I hope not the latter as I found it difficult to read in a half-asleep state. Anyone else notice this?
    06-10-13 10:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I always thought setting alarms from the calendar from within the calendar was a hack b/c they couldn't implement multiple alarms in the BBOS Clock app.

Regatdless, alarms do appear in the Calendar app is that helps any.
    06-10-13 11:21 PM
    Hi - regarding the BBM Channels Beta: Anyone running a Q10 or Z10 can get it for free/legally by just using your BBM ID on the BlackBerry Beta Zone website. https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...act=index&item= Soon there will be FaceBook and Twitter for OS 10.x as well. Good place to get to know .

Cheers!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-11-13 12:57 AM
    Not yet Dow loading that but I hope there is still that feature where you can set the alarm simply by moving the small dot around the clock?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:00 AM
    Hi - regarding the BBM Channels Beta: Anyone running a Q10 or Z10 can get it for free/legally by just using your BBM ID on the BlackBerry Beta Zone website. https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...act=index&item= Soon there will be FaceBook and Twitter for OS 10.x as well. Good place to get to know .

Cheers!
    Thanks for your suggestion, I know that I could download from beta zone, but I live in a country (Hungary) which is not supported by BlackBerry. If you know a work around where I can keep my ID, and be a beta zone member I'll definitely welcome it.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:26 AM
    Darcy, I know this is little bit off topic, but is it possible for non beta zone members to use BBM channels beta, if you could extract it from the phone? I guess that would be welcomed by a couple of people.

Thanks for your answer in advance, and for these leaks. They work like a charm.

Posted via CB10

Yeah.. if you have time and if it's possible... this would be great for us who are non beta zone members
    06-11-13 02:58 AM
    + 1

i'm from KSA and i tried so many times to log in using my bb id but not available in my country
    06-11-13 03:00 AM
    works good cool beans thanx
    06-11-13 03:11 AM
    One thing i found with this alarm and it might affect other people who are equally as lazy as me is that you can only hit snooze once. on the old clock app i could snooze three or 4 times. on this version it appears that after the first snooze you only have the dismiss snooze option.
    i guess a solution is to set another alarm ten minutes or whatever later to get another two snoozes in
    i tried and tested the sideloaded app just now ... i set my alarm at 10:18, then snooze every 1 min and was able to snooze for 4 times until 10:22. and 5th on 10:23 while typing my reply.
    06-11-13 03:24 AM
    Yeah.. if you have time and if it's possible... this would be great for us who are non beta zone members
    One addition, in Darcy's post where he publish the tool, he mentioned there's no method to extract something from the phone itself, only if you have it bundled in the OS image on your computer (and I don't think that any build contains the BBM beta from beta zone). Kris previously mentioned that with his first 10.2 build that he had to revert to the old BBM beta because it didn't migrated his channel subscriptions. So it may work, but we cannot be sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 05:55 AM
    One addition, in Darcy's post where he publish the tool, he mentioned there's no method to extract something from the phone itself, only if you have it bundled in the OS image on your computer (and I don't think that any build contains the BBM beta from beta zone). Kris previously mentioned that with his first 10.2 build that he had to revert to the old BBM beta because it didn't migrated his channel subscriptions. So it may work, but we cannot be sure.

Posted via CB10
    This us true, it probably won't work

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:53 AM
162 ... 34567