06-07-15 04:36 PM
57 123
tools
    I am not sure if Clean Master has come to BlackBerry. But that is an Android ****. Shifty devices needs to clean memory to run well. Not the case in the BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    Been using Clean Master since December no problems. All devices need a clean memory.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:41 AM
    Been using Clean Master since December no problems. All devices need a clean memory.

Posted via CB10
    Have never used Clean Master since 2013/01/30. Everything works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:48 AM
    I have two grand kids. One puts all her toys in a specific place. The other one plays with his toys and his room looks like a grenade went off.

When I put the kids to bed I have look where I'm stepping but I still get to the bed in one room. On the other I don't have to turn the lights on.

It's just me and the way I do things.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-22-15 at 08:35 PM.
    05-22-15 08:09 PM
    Attachment 353966
    I can do better by simply not using it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what point your trying to make but my clean download is using less RAM to run with all the pre installed apps plus 17 additional.

My system is using 229mb vs your 266mb to run.

My total RAM is 798mb. Vs your 880mb.

And as stated earlier I think I can trim another 30mb off this.

I may not be doing it "correctly" but it is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-22-15 at 09:16 PM.
    05-22-15 08:19 PM
    I cannot see your point either.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:30 AM
    Unused ram is wasted ram !
    05-23-15 02:56 AM
    Unused ram is wasted ram !
    Unused ram may be considered wasted ram but what about when you are nearing maxing out ram... how would that impact the performance of the device.

Another way of putting it when it comes to reducing your ram usage is that it also correlates to reducing your cpu usage. Which also impacts battery life.

Anyone is free to correct me.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-23-15 03:11 AM
    Don't know why this is so much less?

Classic10.3.2.680 Lean Clean Working Machine-photolab_20150523_020144.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Classic10.3.2.680 Lean Clean Working Machine-img_20150523_013847.png  
    05-23-15 04:02 AM
    Im not hardcore gamer and have no apps from amazon or some other market
    and never had problem with ram .
    And ram its just temp. not forever there, data is removed when i full and there is again free space .
    Again if there is 10GB of ram some people will say its not enough i need more ! More ram don't make device faster !
    05-24-15 02:27 AM
    Im not hardcore gamer and have no apps from amazon or some other market
    and never had problem with ram .
    And ram its just temp. not forever there, data is removed when i full and there is again free space .
    Again if there is 10GB of ram some people will say its not enough i need more ! More ram don't make device faster !
    Everybody has different requirements. I'm just the opposite, although I don't game on the Classic I want my phone to be as fast and last as long as it can for the specs it has. I would have preferred 3g RAM and a faster CPU. It is what it is so I'm making the best of what the Classic has.

1.2g of unused RAM is 4 times more then the 280mb I had on the 9900. Which I had 2 spare batteries and had to pull the battery because it was locked up all the time.

If you have minimum requirement, why even bother loading 10.3.2.680 there is risk but little benefit when using the phone that requires minimum specifications for your daily use?

BlackBerry has to write the OS for worldwide use so half the programs are redundant.

The point of this thread is to share with others so other people enjoy the benefits.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-24-15 at 09:02 AM.
    05-24-15 08:51 AM
    If there is problems with ram then must be "memory leak" and more ram is not fix for that .

In my opinion people who have problems with ram they have some software that "eat" ram, like that was with browser in 10.2 early build and many more before and after.
    05-24-15 12:07 PM
    If there is problems with ram then must be "memory leak" and more ram is not fix for that .

In my opinion people who have problems with ram they have some software that "eat" ram, like that was with browser in 10.2 early build and many more before and after.
    There are times when my RAM is at 80% the OS on my phone is not causing the problem. It is because of heavy use and what I'm using. I just require more RAM.

You did not answer my Q, why are you even down loading this OS when you don't need it?
    All kinds of risk and additional work when you don't need "the latest and greatest"?

Why buy a phone with 2g RAM when you you only need 300mb of working RAM? You could have just stayed with OS7 and saved yourself money.

I have always owned fast cars and drive them fast. They are not trophy items to look at they are driven. I use everything I own the same way along with this phone.
    05-24-15 01:44 PM
    Whoever says more RAM don't make computers/phones faster is somehow right but also wrong.

Not enough RAM definitely makes computers slower. It slows you down, regardless

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 05:40 PM
    Your right having more RAM will not make your device faster unless you need it and don't have it.

It's all relative. If you don't have enough RAM is will slow it down. I just depends on what you are running how much elbow room you need and what your going to do during your work day.

If you want to keep re booting your device you don't need a lot of RAM.
    05-24-15 06:24 PM
    Don't know why this is so much less?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoLab_20150523_020144.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	354082

Posted via CB10
    Cuz it aint android?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:53 PM
    I used to use Cleanmaster on my LG phone, to clear the ANDROID operating system of the memory frozen up by those nasty apps that wouldnt close. I found the crappola that phone did to be unbelievable. When i went to BlackBerry none of that was going on, i mean that LG had literally HUNDREDS of unwanted background apps, with more coming in all the time, and Cleanmaster failed at stopping them from running or instantly restarting over and over again.

It wouldnt occur to me to use an android program to fix up a BB operating system. It still doesnt make sense to me that this would work, assuming a problem existed.

Anyway, whenever i had downloaded android apps on my BlackBerrys that were aggressive and needed to be on all the time, or needed TMI and too much privilege, they just went bye-bye, except my pet music programs, which wouldnt budge on their permission level if i wanted to have them. I bought quite a number of them that instantly went into the trash, being curious about how they'd work, in addition to being a slow learner.

Always making a short story long, arent i? I dont have any ram issues with my BB 10s.
    Wrec likes this.
    05-24-15 11:27 PM
    BTW and off-topic, i didnt leave any bad reviews, or any reviews at all, on all these android apps that i bought and trashed, all just part of the grand adventure.
    05-24-15 11:32 PM
    I used to use Cleanmaster on my LG phone, to clear the ANDROID operating system of the memory frozen up by those nasty apps that wouldnt close. I found the crappola that phone did to be unbelievable. When i went to BlackBerry none of that was going on, i mean that LG had literally HUNDREDS of unwanted background apps, with more coming in all the time, and Cleanmaster failed at stopping them from running or instantly restarting over and over again.

It wouldnt occur to me to use an android program to fix up a BB operating system. It still doesnt make sense to me that this would work, assuming a problem existed.

Anyway, whenever i had downloaded android apps on my BlackBerrys that were aggressive and needed to be on all the time, or needed TMI and too much privilege, they just went bye-bye, except my pet music programs, which wouldnt budge on their permission level if i wanted to have them. I bought quite a number of them that instantly went into the trash, being curious about how they'd work, in addition to being a slow learner.

Always making a short story long, arent i? I dont have any ram issues with my BB 10s.
    That is exactly my point. Why bother using an Android apk to remove so-called unwanted files? Leaving them there won't slow your phone down. Only by suing APKs are you slowing down your BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Pitac 007 likes this.
    05-25-15 02:55 AM
    Have you guys noticed that RAM reports per application are completely wrong in the device monitor?

Example, CB shown as 32mb. But closing the app increased 95 mb of the total free RAM

Browser shows 130mb. Closing the app increased the free RAM with 220mb.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 08:19 AM
    OK I understand where you guys are coming from. Clean Master is still cleaning th Android apps.

So the information from Clean Master is wrong?

Still the device report off BlackBerry should be correct. System show 229mb to run and total is less than 800mb.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 08:49 AM
    I was talking about build in device manager. Do the test. You will see that it reports wrong (I am on 10.3.1.3744).

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:49 AM
    Have you guys noticed that RAM reports per application are completely wrong in the device monitor?

Example, CB shown as 32mb. But closing the app increased 95 mb of the total free RAM

Browser shows 130mb. Closing the app increased the free RAM with 220mb.

Posted via CB10
    In a Windows system, this is known as Commit Charge. I assume BlackBerry OS10 handles memory similarly.

The OS does not know exactly how much RAM you will need for a dynamic application so, when you launch the app, the OS will "commit" (reserve) a certain amount of RAM for it on best-guess basis. In your case, the OS may commit 95 MB for the CB app but use only 32 MB of that amount, depending on what you are doing with the app. The CB app is "shown as 32 MB" because, frankly, you asked to see how much RAM is being used by the app, not how much has been committed for the app. When you close the app, all the committed memory is returned, and you see a 95 MB increase in total free RAM. Same holds true for your browser.

Clear as mud?
    05-25-15 10:11 AM
    I was talking about build in device manager. Do the test. You will see that it reports wrong (I am on 10.3.1.3744).

Posted via CB10
    What kind of test do you want me to do?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:18 AM
    Just did a re booth and ran Device Manager

How does this compare to other Classic phones with 17+ additional apps loaded
    Classic10.3.2.680 Lean Clean Working Machine-img_20150525_083123.png

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:33 AM
    In a Windows system, this is known as Commit Charge. I assume BlackBerry OS10 handles memory similarly.

The OS does not know exactly how much RAM you will need for a dynamic application so, when you launch the app, the OS will "commit" (reserve) a certain amount of RAM for it on best-guess basis. In your case, the OS may commit 95 MB for the CB app but use only 32 MB of that amount, depending on what you are doing with the app. The CB app is "shown as 32 MB" because, frankly, you asked to see how much RAM is being used by the app, not how much has been committed for the app. When you close the app, all the committed memory is returned, and you see a 95 MB increase in total free RAM. Same holds true for your browser.

Clear as mud?
    Absolutely clear. That explains lots of things.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-25-15 08:22 PM
57 123