07-23-13 09:11 PM
79 1234
tools
    I'm oldish. I remember when my device had two soup cans with a string. Never worked well around corners. 1st "computer" in my house was from a lab out of Texas Instruments a beta hand held calculator ?1971? To long ago to remember. 2cnd device was given to us by Dr. Wang for playing with as a gift. Both of them are what I call a leak. Darn I miss my dad he had cool friends.

Conflicting opinion is fine. I always like to learn.

Like I love Boston USA my best friend loves Tervuren Belgium, but I wanna move to Costa Rica!

All the POSITIVE people here are the best!

What is thread about? I forgot?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 11:17 AM
    I myself have had people take my comments out of context. I think that may have a lot to do with it.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4633
    Nobody to blame but ourselves. Hey I heard of an invention called the telephone...supposed to actually communicate real time with the other party...and even be able to hear clear enough to detect tones and other nuances. (of course it was suggested to only be used as a secondary means to the real time meeting though). So for now i guess we'll just continue to hammer away at little buttons, possibly in "unknown" frustration cause we simply refuse to embrace real human contact.

Hey you! Pay no attention to that green man behind the curtain.

NOT singling out the fine ARWestenberger.
    Including the entire community.
    Last edited by timeride; 07-23-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Letting all know a simple harsh truth.
    07-23-13 12:08 PM
    Alright so we can all agree to disagree than? We can all stop trying to be at each others throats about stupid things like OS software leaks? Stop getting upset at the slightest out of context wording?

I think Branta said it perfectly, us Mods are all but maybe 10 people, plus the few Network Mods, who mod every single Mobilenations forums, are all volunteers, and we do our best. But like he said, we can do it one of two ways, with the help of the members, but getting reports of trolling, and negative nancies, not to respond to those threads, and just move on.

Or we can always do it the hardway and go into lockdown mode, where we take no survivors, and than everyone is unhappy. I personally would prefer the aforementioned first method.
    07-23-13 01:04 PM
    Ban the bashers and let's get on with the cool stuff

Posted via CB10 on my mega cool Z10
    07-23-13 01:07 PM
    Alright so we can all agree to disagree than? We can all stop trying to be at each others throats about stupid things like OS software leaks? Stop getting upset at the slightest out of context wording?

I think Branta said it perfectly, us Mods are all but maybe 10 people, plus the few Network Mods, who mod every single Mobilenations forums, are all volunteers, and we do our best. But like he said, we can do it one of two ways, with the help of the members, but getting reports of trolling, and negative nancies, not to respond to those threads, and just move on.

Or we can always do it the hardway and go into lockdown mode, where we take no survivors, and than everyone is unhappy. I personally would prefer the aforementioned first method.
    The mods here all do a great job and all members should appreciate the effort put in as a volunteer. I know it is a lot of work to sift through all the posts for malicious threads, comments etc.... Keep up the good work each and every one of you.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-23-13 01:07 PM
    For the discussions on Crackberry to be limited to only positive things would mean that Crackberry has decided to exist in a bubble. Does anyone want that? If the company recovers, the tone of the discussions here will change too. This is a very simple thing but people insist on making it complicated. BlackBerry needs a hit phone. Desperately.

People also choose not to see how vigorous debate is a sign of a healthy community. Go to Android forums and see how people trash the up coming Moto X as under specd. Go to Apple forums and see how people clamor for larger screens and trash iOS 7. Debate is a good thing.
    The requirement is not to be "positive only" about the products but we do expect members to be polite and civil to each other regardless of their opinions. Putting it simply, we have to deal with too many posts where if the exchange was face to face it would trigger at least a fist fight. If folk can't manage to maintain that basic level of polite human interaction there is no place for them here, and we will take the appropriate action.
    07-23-13 01:35 PM
    This subforum has always been my haven - my refuge - from places like News and Rumors, and General Discussion. I do not venture into those places because I do not need any more drama in my life.

Thankfully, I have developed a keen ability to avoid drama here...it is a matter of self-restraint, willpower, and awareness.
    LoL and last resort the "Ignore List".
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-23-13 02:44 PM
    That's the kind of response that I expected.

It's not your forum, you know. I have just as much right to participate as anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    No you don't! You have the same privilege as anyone else. Non of us have "Rights" here. We are guests, non-paying guests, on someone else's forum.
    07-23-13 03:10 PM
    Spirited debate can be a great thing on the forums, but, everyone should respect people's opinions and remain civil.

Having been on the forums here for a while and getting really active again since BlackBerry 10 it is definitely different than it used to be, but, we can do a lot to help the moderators.

The report button is there for a reason and sometimes it is better to use the report button than post a response. Just as an FYI... the report button has many uses as you can report trolls, off-topic posts when they derail a thread, mislabeled threads, accidental posts that you make, and anything against the forums guidelines and policies.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:34 PM
    I have no problem with people having differing opinions or thoughts. We're all from different walks of life, but the fact is, the acrimony is counterproductive. Too many are trying to score points, or generally ruin the experience for others. Hate and discontent are ridiculous, even if someone 'feels' justified. I don't expect people to be angels, I would be content with civil.
    I have a very simple rule. If a post is so much in violation of the rules it needs moderator action (removal or editing) the presumption should be to award an infraction or ban. Conversely, if it does not justify an infraction it probably doesn't need moderation. A few penalty points or a weekend away from forums soon concentrates attention on good netiquette.
    07-23-13 03:47 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree... negativity must end!
    07-23-13 03:58 PM

Alright since we're all lovey feely and getting along...

For the gentlewomen:

For the gentlemen:

We all love this stuff, we wouldn't be here if we didn't... but two more things before this rests:
    1). BergerKing when you are bring the gavel of justice down on the forums, your avatar scares the s*** out of me, okay? Cool avatar, but like I'm worried you're going to bust through my walls Kool-Aid man style and beat me with a gavel... For those who need help with the analogy: see youtube Also for adults there is a Juggernaut version...

2). If I have offended anyone, truly offended anyone, not just me posting a link to a Q&A and saying read, or tell you to sit down for complaining about a GUI for a program made for our use for free by greatly helpful members of the community, or tell you that I'm going to slap you for asking about STL100-1 leaks after I've said and others have said don't ask, but I mean if I truly, flat out, straight on, insulted or offended anyone for any reason, my apologies. We can all use a bit of tolerance these days...

and again...

For the gentlewomen:

For the gentlemen:
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-23-13 04:07 PM
    No you don't! You have the same privilege as anyone else. Non of us have "Rights" here. We are guests, non-paying guests, on someone else's forum.
    You can use whatever word you like. It just depends on how thinly you want to slice the bologna.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:09 PM
    Spirited debate can be a great thing on the forums, but, everyone should respect people's opinions and remain civil.

Having been on the forums here for a while and getting really active again since BlackBerry 10 it is definitely different than it used to be, but, we can do a lot to help the moderators.

The report button is there for a reason and sometimes it is better to use the report button than post a response. Just as an FYI... the report button has many uses as you can report trolls, off-topic posts when they derail a thread, mislabeled threads, accidental posts that you make, and anything against the forums guidelines and policies.

Posted via CB10
    People telling others what they should do!?! I think NOT!

Why should I respect others' opinions?...as opinions are merely based on conjecture and speculation. (in other words...unproven)

Or did you mean to say something similar to...would it not be better if we respected others' RIGHT to express an opinion? This is then touching on the fundemental truth that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD!

And doing it neutrally... as no side is taken when posed in a question format...no claims known or unknown are likely then be falsely made...would you agree with that?
    Last edited by timeride; 07-23-13 at 05:18 PM. Reason: touch-up
    07-23-13 05:02 PM
    You can use whatever word you like. It just depends on how thinly you want to slice the bologna.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, there's a HUGE difference in those words. I don't need to be the one to tell someone like you about that. Seriously. Come on.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:21 PM

Why should I respect other's opinions?...as opinions are merely based on conjecture and speculation. (in other words...unproven)

Or did you mean to say... it would be better if we respected other's RIGHT to express an opinion. This is then touching on the fundemental truth that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD!
    Either interpretation works, but the fundamental truth at CrackBerry is you have NO right whatsoever to be heard if you can't express an opinion within site rules. An opinion about smartphones is not usually a problem, but insults directed at other members may be grounds for moderator action.
    russworman likes this.
    07-23-13 05:22 PM

Why should I respect others' opinions?...as opinions are merely based on conjecture and speculation. (in other words...unproven)

Or did you mean to say something similar to...would it not be better if we respected others' RIGHT to express an opinion? This is then touching on the fundemental truth that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD!

And doing it neutrally... as no side is taken when posed in a question format...no claims known or unknown are likely then be falsely made...would you agree with that?
    Definition of respect is below and I will respectfully stand by my statement earlier...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/respect

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:26 PM
    As rights are rights only when asserted...and it's CB's ball...that means they make the rules...we are on their ship and if we don't follow what we have signed on for they can kick you off their field or take their ball and go away.

But, What is stopping anyone who is not satisfied with the CB community, from creating their own community, one which suits themselves?

Others' Rights begin where Others' Rights end.

So when I say we have the fundemental right to be heard...just remember this may not be the time...but more realistically, may not be the place.

I for one think we need all three...negative, positive and neutral, for a fair balanced picture.
    russworman likes this.
    07-23-13 05:33 PM
    Definition of respect is below and I will respectfully stand by my statement earlier...

Respect | Define Respect at Dictionary.com

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry...can you please tell me exactly which one of the 16 definitions in the link you provided, you may be referring to...pretty ambiguous of you, no?

As I respect your right to say it....does not mean I must respect the substance of the idea, upon which you are trying to foist upon one, now do I ?

After all you are free to believe what you like... aren't you?
    07-23-13 05:43 PM
    Me thinks I see a circular conversation. My head hurts.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 and bungaboy like this.
    07-23-13 05:53 PM
    Regarding the leaks, I think people need to understand that, from my point of view, we're quite in a unique position where we have access to builds which are completely beta and not thoroughly tested on the devices we have. It's been 6 weeks since BlackBerry has released a working 10.2 radio and every single build which gets delivered without a radio breaks things even more and raises the tension in the forums. On top of that BlackBerry 10 is still fairly new and we all still try to understand how it all works, what can be modified, fixed, etc.
    I can understand how the wait can be frustrating, especially when members can see screenshots and videos of new features and not have access to it, but just remember that things are badly broken. Tinkerers like me probably think they can handle it and they may be right (if they have a spare device), but if the decision is made not to release a specific version, then please, just accept the team's decision. You can try and find another source if you're not willing to wait, but having discussions about the release process in this forum is useless at this point as a decision has been made on how it should work.

Regarding negativity as a whole, I enjoy reading constructive criticism aimed at BlackBerry and I don't mince my words at times. I've read some brilliant posts with interesting theories. We had high expectations when it comes to them making a come back and it can be frustrating to feel them struggling and we might need to vent in the forums or simply express our worries or dissatisfaction, as long as there is no name calling, I (just me ) don't have a problem with that.
    07-23-13 05:59 PM
    Me thinks I see a circular conversation. My head hurts.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Might I add my final thoughts on this particular thread...wrapped up in three words...

Tolerance of perspective.
    07-23-13 06:02 PM
    Uh, there's a HUGE difference in those words. I don't need to be the one to tell someone like you about that. Seriously. Come on.

Posted via CB10
    There are differences between the words and there are similarities. It is like a ven diagram. I said I have as much right as anyone else to post here and that is true. But, I won't argue with someone if they claim that posting here is a privilege not a right. Words are pliable.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:07 PM
    This is the Crackberry I've enjoyed since I joined! Civilized opinions from posters.

My regards and admiration for all the mods, may we help them to keep things in line.

Long live Crackberry! So say we all.
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-23-13 06:14 PM
    Regarding the leaks, I think people need to understand that, from my point of view, we're quite in a unique position where we have access to builds which are completely beta and not thoroughly tested on the devices we have. It's been 6 weeks since BlackBerry has released a working 10.2 radio and every single build which gets delivered without a radio breaks things even more and raises the tension in the forums. On top of that BlackBerry 10 is still fairly new and we all still try to understand how it all works, what can be modified, fixed, etc.
    I can understand how the wait can be frustrating, especially when members can see screenshots and videos of new features and not have access to it, but just remember that things are badly broken. Tinkerers like me probably think they can handle it and they may be right (if they have a spare device), but if the decision is made not to release a specific version, then please, just accept the team's decision. You can try and find another source if you're not willing to wait, but having discussions about the release process in this forum is useless at this point as a decision has been made on how it should work.

Regarding negativity as a whole, I enjoy reading constructive criticism aimed at BlackBerry and I don't mince my words at times. I've read some brilliant posts with interesting theories. We had high expectations when it comes to them making a come back and it can be frustrating to feel them struggling and we might need to vent in the forums or simply express our worries or dissatisfaction, as long as there is no name calling, I (just me ) don't have a problem with that.
    This warrants more than a like. Great post.

Posted via CB10
    ofutur likes this.
    07-23-13 06:20 PM
79 1234