07-23-13 10:11 PM
79 1234
tools
    I have no problem with people having differing opinions or thoughts. We're all from different walks of life, but the fact is, the acrimony is counterproductive. Too many are trying to score points, or generally ruin the experience for others. Hate and discontent are ridiculous, even if someone 'feels' justified. I don't expect people to be angels, I would be content with civil.
    07-22-13 05:28 PM
    I agree that there can be a lot of negativity, almost to the point of not wanting to use the forums anymore. I think at times it comes from a language barrier. I myself have had people take my comments out of context. I think that may have a lot to do with it.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4633
    I agree with the thought that the language barrier can be a cause of misinterpreted posts.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:29 PM
    We respect your opinion, please respect our decision. You can ask for a leak every time but trust me it wouldn't change the decision. And you might feel entitled to it, you are not. This is my opinion.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    I whole heartedly endorse every word you wrote.

Posted via CB10
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    07-22-13 05:32 PM
    I have no problem with people having differing opinions or thoughts. We're all from different walks of life, but the fact is, the acrimony is counterproductive. Too many are trying to score points, or generally ruin the experience for others. Hate and discontent are ridiculous, even if someone 'feels' justified. I don't expect people to be angels, I would be content with civil.
    Exactly. We all need to be civil.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:34 PM
    I joined Crackberry.com when I bought my Z10 in early March and I very rapidly became annoyed with the negativity and squabbling that was going on in the Z10 and OS forums

Then I got involved in the joys of leaks and discovered a community that reflected the true spirit of Crackberry. I have subsequently spent most of my time on the leaks sub-forum and have tried to contribute on this forum.

We have a great cadre of leaders in the Elite Team:
    FlexNinja
    Wu Wei
    Mecca EL
    xsacha
    Wigley458
    thurask
    DarcyTallGuy
    ofutur
    pili4
    Adam Szucs
    BlackScorpion3
    kwm1337
    HaTaX
    VeniceBB

So if you are thinking of saying something negative, pause and don't
    I'm going with Kris was assumed on the list by default because Kris seems to hold thus all together.

Positive thought.

Edit: I need Q10 this keyboard is killing me.

*holds us all together

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:40 PM
    So let's do what OP says cease fire, asking for leaks are useless, let the "leakers" u r i n a t e quietly, and give us a little tease some times, so we can see what's going to be next all happy ( btw I'm Dutch so I'm depending on my predictive keyboard )

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:45 PM
    A leak is just a version in development and testing some new settings to get the OS to a higher level of experience.

Still people knowing this and get angry because it's not working, give them draining battery or just whatever, they must be mad of them self and asked them self a question "why is it called a leak" . It's more stuppid to blame people who are leaking these leaks because you installed it yourself and they warned you. There expectation are beyond the normal OS 10.1 2354 wich most carriers have in this world as stable BB OS.

I had 4 years android custom roms and yes I had lots of reboots, hangings and failures and broken phone's and always managed to fix it. Sometimes i just tried 4 customs roms a day because it was crap but never I see people ond these forum on android complain about the ****ty custom ROM only that is was not working or it was instable or how to fix it and giving people advice. Normal reaction no hate letters.

This forum is crazy and also with a lot of fake account shouting bad OS and my iphone is better? Yoy think twice and you know that after 400 messages in a few days it's a basher and I must say that if people complaing about stuff I was thinking it was a basher with a iphone

I must say i was out for a few weeks not to read the forums anymore but hey I never ever really leave and its my first BB phone and still wanted a PB update

Don't careabout ceasefire, I care about to behave human and talk normal to people. let people who they are and don't try to get them hate or **** on them but just act normal and say this leak is not working for me and it's a battery drainer. Thank to leak men but I go to base and wait for a new on to test drive.act normal.
    07-22-13 05:49 PM
    I'm going with Kris was assumed on the list by default because Kris seems to hold thus all together.

Positive thought.

Edit: I need Q10 this keyboard is killing me.

*holds us all together

Posted via CB10
    Didn't mean to slam Kris, you are right on about his key role in this forum, besides he is a fellow Canuck. I copied the list from his post and forgot to add him. My bad
    bungaboy and in_loco_nomen like this.
    07-22-13 06:08 PM
    This subforum has always been my haven - my refuge - from places like News and Rumors, and General Discussion. I do not venture into those places because I do not need any more drama in my life.

Thankfully, I have developed a keen ability to avoid drama here...it is a matter of self-restraint, willpower, and awareness.
    Mine too -- or similar sub forums for legacy leaks, modifications, etc in the past (I am pretty sure I remember you from those forums, btw). I try my best to deal with relevant information and carry on.
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-22-13 06:34 PM
    Sometimes people have a hard time differentiating between negativity and constructive criticism.

Right now BlackBerry is getting harshly criticized and for the most part rightfully so. They have botched launched dates, broke promises, and done some bone-headed moves that leaves everyone scratching their heads. As well, customers are getting tired of the "coming soon" phrase that keeps coming out Thor and Co.s mouths. They want results now, not six months later. BBM was obviously in the works prior to the May BB conference and to say coming this summer, which it turns out to be September is a little ridiculous in my books.

The negativity usually stems from people who have no idea how to use the phone, were expecting it to act like an iPhone, or just not working out for them and instead of going back to the store to get an exchange felt the need to sign up on CrackBerry to let of a bit of steam to a bunch of strangers.

The other form of negativity comes from the customers who are actually having issues with their device, but instead of asking for help they just bash it into the ground. OR (some) members on this site can't fathom the fact that there are defective BB10 devices and thinks the OP of such thread is stupid.
    07-22-13 06:52 PM
    I too totally agree people have the right to voice their opinions and such. But I am Totally and completely baffled when someone actually "EXPEcTS" me to give them what I have. Or what I'm testing. What gives anyone the right to demand that I give them my stuff. I'm just not sure...

Oh btw, that was funny Kris was left out of the list. Good one

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483 with 483 & 663 & 783 hybrid oh and 4651 radio lol - best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-13 07:36 PM
    It was nice to come into this post and not see someone saying I am stuck wearing rose coloured glasses and ignorant and foolish for not paying attention to blah blah blah. Kudos to all of you hashing it out and not insulting and name calling. I get. So frustrated with those types I sit here thinking it is time to ignore the forums but then read a nice one like this. Finally one post where I am not subjected to feeling like an idi*t because of my phone choice. Kudos to you all.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:48 PM
    Refreshing!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:34 PM
    Well, I kinda look at things without blinders or tints on my lenses. I serve the CrackBerry community, not a phone. I have friends across the spectrum of devices. There are iPhones, Windows, and Android users in my list, but most of them started here. I'm not gonna ditch a friend because of phone choice. I've seen too many posts where what should have been lighthearted teasing has become taunting, hatred, or dissolution of ties, over a phone. A number of folks from CB have become real friends, not just in the cyber realm.

As a member, I've had great times on the forums. I've seen its ups and downs over 4/+ years. Unlike some, I cross the aisle and say hello to former CB members when I see them in their forums. That's one of the reasons Passport came to be, and why you see two post counts on members' profiles.

But here, to put down fellow members? Where does that lead? Where does it end? Quoting negativity and going after each other with loaded keyboards? Bandoleers of explosive words? Harrassment and interdiction rounds? Word snipers? Tying wrists together and switchblades? Hate and acrimony breed more of the same. Ye reap what you sow, and right now, it looks to be a bitter harvest unless it is turned around.

I don't expect everyone to hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah or start a poetry recital. No one has to weave flowers in their hair or play the sitar. But if that's your thing, be my guest. Think before you engage. Look at your post before you hit send. Ask yourself how others will react when they read it.

If your blood is boiling, walk away. Too many smart people have been pretty savage, when it isn't necessary. Let's make our forums a better place to be. There is always room to improve.
    07-22-13 09:06 PM
    Can't speak for Jamie but do not believe he is jabbing Americans. I am also tired of the negative stuff. Cheers!
    07-22-13 09:23 PM
    I have been on these forums for several years; and only actively posting with the release of BB 10. Since I am older than most here, 48, and a Blackberry owner since 2001, I find the current level of discourse quite childish. Most here were not legally eligible to enter a contract to own any variety of phone when BB was inititiated.

Love the forums, but it may be time for the true moderators, the owners of this web site, to take control.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, ARWestenberger and m1kr0 like this.
    07-22-13 09:34 PM
    Well said LP_Rigg I fully agree.
    I love the forums, love the OS leaks but REALLY HATE the non constructive bickering.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 09:41 PM
    Can't we all just get along....

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-22-13 10:22 PM
    I have been on these forums for several years; and only actively posting with the release of BB 10. Since I am older than most here, 48, and a Blackberry owner since 2001, I find the current level of discourse quite childish. Most here were not legally eligible to enter a contract to own any variety of phone when BB was inititiated.

Love the forums, but it may be time for the true moderators, the owners of this web site, to take control.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts closely mirror yours, I'm younger, but I've been around since the site began have read forums since their first day, and joined and deleted my accounts years ago, I came back last year and I have seen that this place is indeed completely different...

Let me put it this way, which I think is the considerate way: The "true CrackBerry" portion of this site, the articles, reporting, tech-side, et cetera is run great, they know what they are doing in my opinion, which to some might not mean much, but I think that the whole "real original CrackBerry"team is great, I'd call them the OG CrackBerry team

Then you have the forums, there are some seriously great mods here and there are some seriously well-intentioned mods here, that doesn't cut it. You have a forums board that has no clue what its identity is... Is this an underground forum, is this a developers forum, is this a technical forums, is this a [insert type here] forum... Is this 4chan or is this MSDN blog, is this bodybuilder or is this the Dem Underground or is this XDA, is this Rumor Mill or is this Something Awful...

Well I think this forum is whatever [insert mod looking at thread here] thinks it should be. We talk about topics here that are insensitive, well there was a horrible offensive topic just shut down by howarmat, thankfully, that I saw tonight, and I thought to myself while I'm thankful he shut it down ironically it's not much worse than many other topics and threads that are permitted to flourish and proliferate here...

It blows my mind that we have to have discussions about this on a forum... on the internet... We have complete and gross over exaggerations from OPs that do nothing more than start up fights and what not, some people know me for being snippy, there's a big difference between snippy and inciting a riot... Yet, the mods will permit what they permit. So at the end of the day if you want to run this forum in the manner of which you seek, then why not start doing that, there cannot be a halfway point if this is actually important to others.

I was asked to come here and respond to this topic, so that is what I have done, and in the fashion suggested above I have read what I have written and have, foolishly so, asked myself how will others react, and the simple fact is, as with anything, to be able to think I can answer that question would make me look like an really dumb.

Nobody's blood should be boiling, no one should be losing sleep, nobody should be taking anything personally. Some of us get together in other mediums off forums. If you do that, as do I, and you are insulted there take it personal, here why would you? Again ffs this is a forum board... on the internet... Make this part of your life if you want, but don't make this your entire life. This is one of two forum boards of almost 100 that I participate in that has addressed this issue in this manner, and it's sad because this shouldn't ever be addressed in this manner, but that's up to the community not me...

I guess everyone is different if you wish to judge yourself or your worth by what others have to say about you on a forum... again on the internet... then I would recommend that you look at yourself, and ask, why is some bonehead behind a keyboard getting to me... Regardless...

So, this is my response... The end.
    pili4 and LP_Rigg like this.
    07-22-13 10:38 PM
    What network are you on? What model do you own? Any idea of the OS you were on when this happened?

On my Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633. Join my channel C0006A7B9
    Virgin. Stl100-2. It's happened to me under various os.
    I don't get it as often as some people did.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:30 AM
    More leaks, more love

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:21 AM
    I fully agree with LP_Rigg, like I said this forum is a jungle... in a serious working forum there are no rights or democracy or mediocre moderators but rules and anarchy this to prevent the caos.What happened to lfbe is an example...
    07-23-13 05:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm 10 years ahead of you, and I've been banging heads together online for almost 20 years in one forum or another. Yes... the disruption is way out of control here and we would love to restore CrackBerry to the friendly site many of us know from the early days. We might even get time to enjoy the site again, but for now most of our time is allocated to spam control and peacekeeping. There are two ways the forums might become less hostile:
    1. Regular users could stop feeding the trolls, and start reporting flame bait without responding to the flamer.
    -or-
    2. The moderators go in hard - very hard, no prisoners taken - and that will create a bloodbath which makes the G10 riots look like a schoolyard fight. don't care who started it... all participants in disruption and fighting get infractions and bans without a second look. That's going to need someone to fix the "30-hour day algorithm" and there's no certainty we will have any members left at the close of play.

In the last 12 month period CrackBerry.com had just over 1.3 million posts a handful of moderators can't hope to review every one of them. We need help from the members in-thread to report the problem posts so they can be handled before the thread gets derailed as the trolls intend. Until we get that help from every member, the moderators are in reactive mode rather like firefighters, always responding to trouble after it has started.
    07-23-13 05:58 AM
    I'm old enough to remember world before the Internet. Back in High School, I used to log onto BBS sites with my 300 bps modem.

My memory is pretty good. Back in those days, discussions were almost always completely out of control. At its worst, Crackberry discussions do not compare.

People always look back at the past in an idealized way. Reality is often different.

I have seen changes at Crackberry, no doubt about it. But, those changes have more to do with the company's struggles than with anything else. You can't shut out the world. For the discussions on Crackberry to be limited to only positive things would mean that Crackberry has decided to exist in a bubble. Does anyone want that? If the company recovers, the tone of the discussions here will change too. This is a very simple thing but people insist on making it complicated. BlackBerry needs a hit phone. Desperately.

People also choose not to see how vigorous debate is a sign of a healthy community. Go to Android forums and see how people trash the up coming Moto X as under specd. Go to Apple forums and see how people clamor for larger screens and trash iOS 7. Debate is a good thing.

Some people here view themselves as crusaders and think by their actions here they can help BlackBerry. This is a really unrealistic view. The only one that can save BlackBerry is BlackBerry. What we can do is make this a nice community though.

Posted via CB10
    clie610 likes this.
    07-23-13 07:49 AM
    We respect your opinion, please respect our decision. You can ask for a leak every time but trust me it wouldn't change the decision. And you might feel entitled to it, you are not. This is my opinion.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    This right here. SOS!! I don't ask, beg, plead for leaks/hybrids because I'm "not" entitled to ish. If it's going to get leaked, it will. If not, eff it.....move on with your life. But, I am very much appreciative when something leaked for us to use. I'm seen friendships get all effed up over members having a tantrum because they want it(the leak) .....RIGHT NOW! People have the right to post what they want .....within reason. Begging pleading never worked.....never. Every group of leakers have to go thru this same BS......unfortunately. Leakers, I appreciate "ALL" of you for your work and post(s) that keep the rest of us in the loop on what is happening with a "potential" OS or files. For those that want what they want....when they want it, be glad that someone actually give a ish to do something to help us thru the OS draught(s) from carriers. Remember, leaks also dry up.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-23-13 09:19 AM
79 1234