I have just installed WIN 7,I'm trying to get the new OS Leaked OS 10.2.1.3175 release to install and load into RIM BB Link? I have found it in the DL list but when I click on it it says the archive is either an unknown format or damaged. When it says to send it where when tying to open it where do I select to send it? Right now I have it both in the DL list as well as a folder on my desktop with the RAR there. I am so lost? I have had BB Link open expecting it to show in there. I've done a search for new updates thru link and it comes back with there is no new OS? Damn I'm lost. I've never had this much trouble getting a new release to install. I have been using OPERA, but I'm willing to install Chrome but I can't get a good link to it. It seems like it wants to install a Chrome extension on my Opera?
    05-10-14 11:01 AM
    Did you extract the file?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 11:06 AM
    Download 7zip, install it, open it, find the file, extract it.
    05-10-14 11:22 AM
    Yes and not sure. I think that is what is in the folder on my Desktop Says Autoloader.
    05-10-14 11:24 AM
    Ok I'll try that.
    05-10-14 11:24 AM
    Ok 7 Zip installed.
    05-10-14 11:30 AM
    So do I re DL the file, if not how do I get a RAR to open in 7Zip?
    05-10-14 11:36 AM
    So do I re DL the file, if not how do I get a RAR to open in 7Zip?
    Don't think it will. Think you need 7zip
    05-10-14 11:46 AM
    Don't think it will. Think you need 7zip
    OK, 7zip is the program that extracts the file.

Edit what is the extension on the file? The ones I have downloaded are 7zip files not rar
    05-10-14 11:46 AM
    Ok I now have a black window showing connecting to Bootrom showing in it. Now what?
    05-10-14 11:56 AM
    Ok it went into auto load and the green light is running in the device. So then I have to reload the back up I made? That won't re install the previous OS?
    05-10-14 12:05 PM
    Sounds like you're good and yes if you want to restore you'll have to do that with link.
    05-10-14 12:06 PM
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-10-14 12:11 PM
    Well there seems to be a problem with my Z10. It will not let me move apps from one page to the next. Before anyone says how to do it I do know how. When I slide them to the right they bounce back. I know to hold them down until they jiggle and then side them to the right side of screen. I have had this phone for almost a year and do know how to work it. I thought maybe the screens were to full so I went to the last screen and tried sliding them over and it will not let me. I can slide them around on the same screen. So has anyone else run into this after DL the new OS?
    05-10-14 02:51 PM
    I haven't had that issue. Here's a thought: hold the icon you want to move then slide it to an empty spot on the first page. Then, drag it to the right (keep holding it), and keep your finger on it until you get to the screen you want it on.

Just curious: are you sure the OS load completed?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 03:04 PM
    I haven't had that issue. Here's a thought: hold the icon you want to move then slide it to an empty spot on the first page. Then, drag it to the right (keep holding it), and keep your finger on it until you get to the screen you want it on.

Just curious: are you sure the OS load completed?

Posted via CB10
    I think if it didn't complete their phone would have had a hissy fit, I have enough experience of that...

Try holding the two volume keys together to do a reset and see if that fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 03:14 PM
    Yes I'm sure it completed the DL Install. Like I said, I can move them around on the page not just change pages.I have held the vol keys and re booted twice. I have my email back up and running everything seems to be working except the moving pages. The only thing iIcan think of is maybe I installed to many apps at a time from BBW. once the back up finishes I will try it again and if not I'll try deleting some until it hopefully works.
    05-10-14 03:19 PM
    Yes I'm sure it completed the DL Install. Like I said, I can move them around on the page not just change pages.I have held the vol keys and re booted twice. I have my email back up and running everything seems to be working except the moving pages. The only thing iIcan think of is maybe I installed to many apps at a time from BBW. once the back up finishes I will try it again and if not I'll try deleting some until it hopefully works.
    There's endless possibilities that could make this occur :/ you could try running with the autoloader again, and instead of doing the restore in one go, do them one by one: settings, media, apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 03:23 PM
    I always back up and restore that way Takes a little longer but very little chance of anything messing up. I'll report back once I have restored everything. If that doesn't fix it, I will remove some apps and see what happens then.
    05-10-14 03:27 PM
    I always back up and restore that way Takes a little longer but very little chance of anything messing up. I'll report back once I have restored everything. If that doesn't fix it, I will remove some apps and see what happens then.
    You have more chance of messing something up by carrying over a corrupt file from previous OSes. What was your last OS?

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    05-10-14 03:32 PM
    The most recent released by VZW and it worked well. My restore is complete and I have my Apps where I want them no and only the first page is full, however it still wont let me slide them off to another page.
    05-10-14 04:56 PM
    OK problem solved. Use to be one could drag an app to the side and just sort of flick it to the next screen. Now you have to keep your finger on the app you want to move over to another screen until it and your finger go to the next screen or maybe 2 or 3 screens over if you are not careful. Thanks for all of the input and help.
    05-10-14 07:12 PM