Hello crackberry people!

Need help. STL 1 user.

1. Backup Z10 with 4537 using link
    2. Ran autoloader and updated to 4543.
    3. Did a security wipe.
    4. Complete setup without putting in bbid login details.
    5. Ran restore process using link. Asked me to signin bbid. Cancelled it.
    6. Signed in bbid on z10
    7. Restore process says no personal workspace found.

Cant restore data from 4537 to 4543-untitled1.jpg
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sidd1011; 07-07-13 at 07:56 AM. Reason: attached image
    07-07-13 07:44 AM
    I haven't tried this OS yet, I am still on 4537.
    But I would reload the OS without the wipe. Go through the bbid sign in and setup process and finally I would try to restore settings only.
    If I would get passed through this phase, I would restore the rest of the backup.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:48 AM
    tried restoring settings. got no error. device rebooting now. I hope application data is restored as well. Thanks. will post back

edit: nothing restores even trying settings first....link says restore did not complete and device reboots.
    07-07-13 08:08 AM
    tried restoring settings. got no error. device rebooting now. I hope application data is restored as well. Thanks. will post back

edit: nothing restores even trying settings first....link says restore did not complete and device reboots.
    Have you reloaded the OS or are you trying with the initial OS Setup?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:22 AM
    I had the same problem., in my stl-2. Solved it by first entering bb id. Got the workspace problem solved and proceeded with Link restore
    07-07-13 08:41 AM
    I had the same problem., in my stl-2. Solved it by first entering bb id. Got the workspace problem solved and proceeded with Link restore
    Yes, sign-in is a prerequisite for the whole process I think.
    There must be a connection between the bbid and the backup in order to secure the backup, since there is no password involved. I do not think that the device pin is enough, since if it was, then your backup would be susceptible by a potential future device owner (in case you sell or lose your device).

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:46 AM
    i signed in with the bbid as well but it didnt work. Dont know why it says no personal workspace found when I use it without work emails.

Though for now I restored to 2062, the most stable OS for me and the battery was also excellent.

Will try 4543 sometime later probably.

Thanks for the help guys.
    07-07-13 08:55 AM
    Hello crackberry people!

Need help. STL 1 user.

1. Backup Z10 with 4537 using link
    2. Ran autoloader and updated to 4543.
    3. Did a security wipe.
    4. Complete setup without putting in bbid login details.
    5. Ran restore process using link. Asked me to signin bbid. Cancelled it.
    6. Signed in bbid on z10
    7. Restore process says no personal workspace found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	179777
    Thanks.
    Just hit cancel, wait few mins and try restore again. I met this too.

Guess that Link needs few minutes to talk to the phone so when you connect phone to Link, give it few mins.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:57 AM
    finally managed to get my z10 restored,

here is what i did (it may or may not work for other people)

1-updated using autoloader to 10.1.0.4543
    2- wiped the phone from blackberry link (then went to sleep, 5-6 hours)
    3-(hours later) started then phone and finished the first-start wizard, entered bbid and everything in the wizard.
    4-tried restore and failed, decided to keep it connected with blackberry link for more time (couple of hours, in the normal phone tab)
    5-tried restore again and worked..
    07-08-13 04:34 AM
    4543 too buggy for me. Went back to 2354...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:45 AM
    Were you able to restore when you went back to 2354? I couldn't restore when I downgraded back to older os.

SDG on Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4543, Vodafone India
    07-08-13 02:56 PM
    4543 too buggy for me. Went back to 2354...
    What issues did you encounter? Here are the ones I am aware of, was it more than these?

• Issues in some cases uninstalling apps in BB World
    • BB Link not restoring SMS messages
    • Caller ID not appearing immediately on incoming calls in some cases
    • Possibly some contact syncing issues

I've found this leak - first I've tried on my Z10 - a fabulous improvement over the ancient Verizon build. I haven't encountered the contact sync issue because I don't sync contacts (and won't even attempt to do so until I feel the contacts mechanism is significantly improved), I worked around the SMS restore issue by separately using SMS Backup from Epic Windmill to backup/restore, and haven't yet seen the caller ID issue but will keep an eye out for it.

All in all these things are pretty minor compared to the horrible problems with the Verizon default build, which is why I'll probably stick with it unless something really bad rears its head.

Re: restoring, in my case I found that it complained that I had to "complete the setup app" on the device before it would even try to restore. It seems that all that meant in my case was logging into BBID on the device, more or less. I never even bothered to login to BBID on BB Link during the whole backup/restore process, and I was actually really surprised that my configs and data from 10.0.9.422/10.0.9.2743 were restored as completely as they were. (save for the nasty SMS issue, which I was prepared for)
    07-08-13 07:15 PM
    Tried 4543 again, ok now. Didn't restore this time...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:53 AM
    Dear leak fans, please read the whole OP (opening post) through carefully.

If you plan to restore:
    UPDATE 2: Uninstall Link, no matter what version you have, and install the latest (1.1.1.32) from BlackBerry's site.
    Revert down to 10.1, like 4651.
    Setup fully, then load 810.
    Setup this as well, the DO NOT wipe.
    Turn off all radios, connect it with Link and restore.
    It should work, but no guarantee. And no, it's 99% sure that if you don't follow the steps, you won't be able to restore.
    UPDATE: another method for restore, worth a try. Thanks, masterscarhead1
    1. Do setup but skip BBID, no need to go to 10.1
    2. Plug in to computer and let BB link recognize, do not sign in yet!
    3. Try to restore, it will tell you need to sign in (YOU MUST DO THIS STEP)
    4. Enter BBID in Settings>BBID without unplugging device
    5. TRY AGAIN in BB link, and it will still give you the same error, click cancel
    6. Disconnect device
    7. Reconnect device
    8. Restore And it should work from everytime after this. No need to repeat until you reinstall new leak

If you don't understand it, ask for clarification. We are here to help.
    Hi, I tried all as suggested, but was not able to restore data from my old version 10.1.0.2354 with 1880 radio. I had upgraded to 10.1.0.4537 and since then have not been able to restore. I have important Remember App data in 10.1.0.2354, which only I want to restore. I have now upgraded to 10.2.0.1047 from 10.2.0.810. I am able to restore from 10.1.0.4354.

How do I restore the data from old versions. I have multiple backups but am not able to restore. I also tried going back to the old OS but still could not restore. I also tried Darcy's tool.

Please help restore that Remember App Data.
    08-04-13 02:22 PM