Fellow BBer

I was on 1.0.2354 Leak. Seeing the MR release, I finally decided to try the new version.
    I upgraded without problem, but then I couldn't restore from my backup, made today with BB Link version 1.0.37.

Right now I've restore back to 1.0.273 (my country's latest), upgrade again, and try using Sachesi and Link to restore my backup, but to no avail.

When I try using BB Link, the problem seems to be that the phone would reboot itself whenever I try restoring.
    When I try using Sachesi, the problem is that it won't even open the backup file.

Can someone help me? Thanks!
    07-30-13 05:45 AM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry.
    I'm not sure but I want to say that backups do not work with leaks. So unless you have been on your own carriers official OS all the time, Im not sure a backup file can be restored.

I could be very wrong so someone will correct me, I'm sure. But I don't believe a backup of a leaked OS will restore on to anything after that. I think you need to redownload and set everything else up again. One of the reasons I don't wanna switch.
    07-30-13 07:06 AM
    I went from 2354 to 4651 and restored using sachei without issue.

AT&T STL100-3 10.1.0.4651
    07-30-13 07:40 AM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry.
    I'm not sure but I want to say that backups do not work with leaks. So unless you have been on your own carriers official OS all the time, Im not sure a backup file can be restored.

I could be very wrong so someone will correct me, I'm sure. But I don't believe a backup of a leaked OS will restore on to anything after that. I think you need to redownload and set everything else up again. One of the reasons I don't wanna switch.
    2354 is not my first leak, and I've manage to restore perfectly before. Thanks for the reply anyway.
    07-30-13 10:03 AM
    I went from 2354 to 4651 and restored using sachei without issue.

AT&T STL100-3 10.1.0.4651
    I'll trying again on a different computer. Somehow Sachesi can't even recognize my backup file. Thanks!

(My backup was made by Link 1.0.37, and I update my Link to 1.1.32 when I first find out that I can't restore)
    07-30-13 10:04 AM
    I'll trying again on a different computer. Somehow Sachesi can't even recognize my backup file. Thanks!

(My backup was made by Link 1.0.37, and I update my Link to 1.1.32 when I first find out that I can't restore)
    I didn't know that there was a new BBLink version out (1.1.1.37) yet. Perhaps the backup file was corrupted. This happens sometimes but usually Link will provide an error message on top of the phone id box on bottom of link. It will have a yellow message saying backup failed or device didn't prepare. Something along that line. Have you tried and earlier backup file. I backup nightly so I can go back as far as necessary if a back up .bbb file is indeed corrupted. Just a thought. I actually haven't installed a leak on my Q10 yet but plan on it today or tomorrow, so this is timely. Thanks and good luck!
    07-30-13 02:47 PM
    I didn't know that there was a new BBLink version out (1.1.1.37) yet. Perhaps the backup file was corrupted. This happens sometimes but usually Link will provide an error message on top of the phone id box on bottom of link. It will have a yellow message saying backup failed or device didn't prepare. Something along that line. Have you tried and earlier backup file. I backup nightly so I can go back as far as necessary if a back up .bbb file is indeed corrupted. Just a thought. I actually haven't installed a leak on my Q10 yet but plan on it today or tomorrow, so this is timely. Thanks and good luck!
    It was 1.1.0.37. Speaking of old backup, somehow they all failed to load. Right now I don't know what to think anymore...
    07-30-13 10:34 PM
    Same here, my phone reboots itself all the time i try to restore. I don't know how some people are getting restores. I've only ever managed to restore once, ages ago. Maybe I'd try to reinstall Link and see what happened. (The previous time the only way it worked was when I upgraded my link!)
    08-03-13 02:17 AM
    I've had the same issue and was told that it was incompatible....i think there's something in the newer OS that's causing that...u can it do that restore if u go down versions again....there might be a way round it but I asked and noone said anything so I had to restore the os.
    08-03-13 02:28 AM
    Surprise to see other with the same problem. Sadly there's appears to be no solution yet.
    I just moved on. The biggest loss was my address book, and some chat history with a cute girl.
    08-12-13 10:58 PM